• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Castaway Club Stateroom gift?

If my SO has traveled on a Disney cruise before but I haven't, will he still get a Castaway gift if we're in the same room? I'd feel bad if I was holding him back from anything special!

Yes, it is one per room and the "perks" of the room are based on the highest level in the room. For instance, if there is a platinum and a silver guest in the room, each will get their appropriate lanyard and designation on the KTTW card. The room will get the backpack and the additional platinum gifts (if they continue to give those).

I have several of the blue CC water bottles. Free if you want some. PM me ur mailing address.

I had a lot of requests for the water bottles! I have mailed off all that I have or should I say 'found' so far in my house...I am sure there are more! :rotfl: I will keep your PM's and let you know when I have more. Then if your still interested you can PM me your name and address.

I have also noticed that lanyards are in big demand on this tread... I have those too... any takers??

I saw someone with the backpack at Epcot yesterday and wondered if was the new gift...I liked the looks of it. Funny thing is, I was expecting the red and black drawstring bag again, and I was going to give it to my sister as its her first cruise and I already have one. Now I'm not so sure I want to give up my gift!!!:lmao:

Just curious, I know I'll get the lanyard, but I don't expect she will as a newbie cruiser...should I prepare her for that too? :confused3

I saw someone with the backpack at Epcot yesterday and wondered if was the new gift...I liked the looks of it. Funny thing is, I was expecting the red and black drawstring bag again, and I was going to give it to my sister as its her first cruise and I already have one. Now I'm not so sure I want to give up my gift!!!:lmao:

Just curious, I know I'll get the lanyard, but I don't expect she will as a newbie cruiser...should I prepare her for that too?
:confused3

Correct. She will not be given one, unless you have a CM that doesn't realize that she's a first-timer or is just nice and gives her one just for. ;)

HTHs! :thumbsup2

I've never heard of the beach towel - Yes that would be nice!!!:beach:

Sorry...I was about to post a pic but just saw that Webshots (where I have all my photos) is changing to a different format and I don't have access to the pics right now!!!

The towels are red white and blue and very nice. They have CASTAWAY CLUB across the center and the words Magic and Wonder in the bottom corners....plenty of room in the top corners for Dream and Fantasy!!! I wish they would bring the towels back!!!

EDITED TO ADD....SEE POST #21 IN THIS THREAD....I ALREADY POSTED A PIC OF THE TOWEL A FEW MONTHS AGO!!!

MJ

Does everyone in the stateroom get a lanyard or just people who have sailed before? Dh, dd, and I are cc members but ds isn't. He's only 5. I can see tears in our future if his sister gets one and he doesn't. :( I may have to stick a lanyard in my pocket and slip it to the cm at check-in...

Does everyone in the stateroom get a lanyard or just people who have sailed before? Dh, dd, and I are cc members but ds isn't. He's only 5. I can see tears in our future if his sister gets one and he doesn't. :( I may have to stick a lanyard in my pocket and slip it to the cm at check-in...

Yes, only CC members receive lanyards. You may get lucky and get a CM that will give everyone one, but don't count on it. They're really pretty strict about giving them only to CC members & making sure each one gets the proper one (Platinum/Gold/Silver). Definitely bring one for your DS or just give him yours or your husband's.

We received the beach towel on our first cruise. The second cruise was a small canvas bag with paper and pen and mickey rice krispie bars. The bag pretty much fell apart. Then it was the red and black tote bags with water bottles and key chain. Have a few of those.. then a passport holder and notecards and then a nice backpack in December. Wonder what we will get in April??

If you are DVC you can also get a lanyard from the DVC reps.

The CMs at check in are very stingy with giving out lanyards. DD#1 and I were silvers, but my second DD was a newbie - no lanyard for her!

Nancy

I have so many lanyards.. I will be happy to give one to your daughter are u sailing on April 14th? If not pm me and I will mail it to u

mmouse37 said:
Sorry...I was about to post a pic but just saw that Webshots (where I have all my photos) is changing to a different format and I don't have access to the pics right now!!!

The towels are red white and blue and very nice. They have CASTAWAY CLUB across the center and the words Magic and Wonder in the bottom corners....plenty of room in the top corners for Dream and Fantasy!!! I wish they would bring the towels back!!!

EDITED TO ADD....SEE POST #21 IN THIS THREAD....I ALREADY POSTED A PIC OF THE TOWEL A FEW MONTHS AGO!!!

MJ

I wish they would bring back the towels too

I have a bunch of new silver CC land yards if anyone is interested. Send me a PM.

DVC reps have lanyards to give out? Where can I get one? At the DVC desk up by the future cruise desk?

MDennis28 said:
DVC reps have lanyards to give out? Where can I get one? At the DVC desk up by the future cruise desk?

They have always given the lanyards in the gift left in the stateroom for Dvc members. It's been a wooden box with 2 lanyards in it. I usually prefer the Dvc lanyards because they are silky and more comfortable to wear. They change color every year.

I know this may sound stupid, but how do you put it on your reservation that you are DVC. We are Silver and are planning our 4th cruise for next May. We have not cruised since 2006 and I don't remember how we notified them that we were DVC so that we got invited to the DVC private events:confused3

I know this may sound stupid, but how do you put it on your reservation that you are DVC. We are Silver and are planning our 4th cruise for next May. We have not cruised since 2006 and I don't remember how we notified them that we were DVC so that we got invited to the DVC private events:confused3

As long as the phone number on your DVC account and DCL reservation are the same, they will link automatically.

If you don't get a DVC party invite, it's posted in the navigator and you can show up at the party and tell them you didn't receive an invite and they will add you to the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter