Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly from our cruise The Golden Mickeys is one of the main nightly shows - which celebrates the heritage of Walt Disney - good show :)
Sharon

Thanks!! As the OP of this thread, I am so excited that it has been a popular thread for this long. We have gone on many more cruises since our 25 day adventure in 2007 and look forward to hearing about Dream cruise secrets as we sail in August.

We are getting ready for a Thanksgiving cruise, first holiday cruise and third cruise, and even though this thread was started years ago....I am sooooo enjoying all of the tips throughout the years. thanks to everyone!!!!! Hugs :)

My only tip is to wear your bathing suit under your clothes when you board the ship....then you are all set to chill at the pool while your stateroom is getting ready.

We have cruised 3 times as a family of 4 and never been seated with someone else. I have never had a request put in... How common is it that families are seated with other families?

We usually cruise with other families (so we eat with them!); however, we just got back from the Magic and our family of 4 with kids aged 10 and 6 was matched with another family of 4 with kids aged 10 and 5. It was a cruise out of Barcelona, so we really enjoyed having another couple from the US to chat with. We did see lots of tables for 4, but if you go "pot luck" I think Disney will try to make a good match.

Many people use rolling carryon bags. Others just a "regular" carry on type, or backpack.

One note, no need to bring water onboard. The water onboard is processed just like most bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered) and tastes fine.

This is a good to know. I was dreading the thought of dragging water bottles with us. I guess I'll just pack a couple of large mugs we can refill and put in the room's cooler box. :thumbsup2

Bring a pillowcase from home and give that and some markers to guest services when you board. They will have the chAracters sign it and return it to your room before the end of the cruise.
Great and not so expensive treat!!

Does DCL still do this???? Oh my gosh. My daughter would LOVE it!

Do you need to supply the marker(s) for the pillowcases and/or other items to be signed? Also is there a limit on how many items you can drop off to be signed? I would love to have a couple of them done for my two nieces.

It was my DD's birthday on disembarkation day last year and we took a birthday card to guest services when we arrived. Her little face on the last night when we got back to our room and all the characters had sent her a birthday card was priceless. It's such an awesome thing they do for free

Do you need to supply the marker(s) for the pillowcases and/or other items to be signed? Also is there a limit on how many items you can drop off to be signed? I would love to have a couple of them done for my two nieces.
I believe if you don't it is in black marker. Some people bring colored permanent pens and a bag of candy.

We are doing a B2B2B on the Fantasy (yup, amazing). Just found out the photo disc is half price! Now I can print the pictures at home (complete with boarders). I have learned a lot from the amazing team in Concierge this week! They work for tips only and really earn it!

I'm sure somewhere in all of these posts someone has mentioned this but our favorite tip has to be....
DIVERSIONS!! We spent many evenings down there, until about 11:30 playing yahtzee and having a quiet drink. It is almost always nearly deserted in there... so a nice place to relax after a busy day.
During the day the kids can come with you and there are board games you can use. Our girls loved Jenga and yahtzee and Princess Chutes and Ladders. If you have late seating for dinner, this is a good place to come get snacks before your show. Around 5:00 they put out wings, tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and some other toppings, fresh veggies and I think there were always hotdogs too.
If you are a sports fan they always have some kind of game on TV.

The waiters/bartenders down in Diversions are the nicest guys. Definitely set aside some time to spend down there :)

Just wondering if they do this on the Dream in since there isn't a Diversions687?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter