• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, is this still true?
Since I know this post is years old.

Not anymore. DCL will not touch PP's regardless of cabin assignment/level.
Something must have happened. No one was telling the reason why the policy changed 10/31/14 on CC day.

DCL will no longer handle PP's for any stamps, regardless of port/reason.

Except at CC, .... sort of. If you go to GS at 8:00 - 8:20, or your similar window for your sailing, you can wait for the official to come upstairs and take your PP downstairs to get stamped. If the Bahamian official is willing that docking you may have success. Sometimes the Bahamanian Official is not willing to stamp a bunch of PPs, depending on ..., fwiw.

Still worth a visit to GS if you are interested in PP stamps at CC regardless of anyone's comments, ... trust me. ;) Let your desires be known to GS that am super early, and surprisingly things happen, regardless of any statements you may have heard prior throughout the cruise. ;)

On our recent sailing three families were waiting for this service. We all sat opposite GS in the chairs for said official to take our PP(w/o a receipt I may add). Eventually a DCL officer appeared and took our PPs. I'll guess 14 -22 ~ PPs. Only half that # of pax were waiting , IYKWIM. IOWs only six pax were waiting for 20 PP stamps. ~

Needless to say we were successful with the CC PP stamps this time. :cool1:

As implied, I got the feeling this is a random event, and the DCL officer emphasized that point. So, .... plan accordingly.

But the age of DCL handling any PP is over , except as described above unfortunately.

HTH

I can't say that I've read the entire thread but I did read everything from January 2014 up to today. Thank you all for contributing. I have so many tips in the notes of my phone that I'll be using in May.

We will be on our 2nd cruise and after reading several of these pages, my goodness, my notes are overflowing... Keep up the secrets... Thank you to all who have added to this thread..

We're not huge fans of the pillow cases for autographs, so we stop at Old Navy before our cruises and grab a Disney themed t-shirt. If you're going to mount them like we have, make sure you put a note with the shirt to only autograph the front. The shirt on the left has signatures all over both sides (we requested as many characters as possible), but you can't see what's on the back when it is framed. The one on the right we requested only the princesses shown to sign.

I love the t-shirt idea and the matte idea. I think we will be dropping off a storybook at guest services to be signed. I love the idea of forever having a book of classics signed by classy classic characters

We will be cruising again next christmas to the Caribbean. Our kids will be 7 & 9. Can anyone tell me what tour favorite or rather your kids favorite excursions? The kids think they want to swim with dolphins. Is the experience worth it? Or something like glass bottom boat or submarine better option?

Thank you all for these wonderful tips. I have question for the pillow case. I will have 3 kids with me when I cruise this Oct, will they still only allow two instead of 3 pillow case to be signed?

Thank you all for these wonderful tips. I have question for the pillow case. I will have 3 kids with me when I cruise this Oct, will they still only allow two instead of 3 pillow case to be signed?
If you have 3 kids they will do 3!

Hi! I have a 'secret' that I don't know has been mentioned or not. The cast members working at the internet cafe are really friendly and helpful and they helped me arrange the settings on my tablet not to do any app updates or other such megabyte eaters while I had my wifi on. It allowed me to check important email messages about a family emergency at a minimal cost. The gentleman working that day was a godsend to me :D For people like me who like to play with tech but are by no means savvy, you don't have to be afraid of turning on your devices if they are in the right settings.

We were on our first ever cruise in January and we were on the Wonder. I took 2 8x10 mattes for the characters to sign for our sons. I included both mattes in a Ziploc bag with a package of markers. We handed it in to Guest Services on embarkation day. We got as many signatures as there were markers. They asked if we wanted the mattes signed vertically or horizontally. Basically, they're very accommodating. Our mattes and markers were returned to our room on our last night there. A great souvenir!! Decks 7 and 8 have the overlooks ie. private decks that no one seemed to use.

I love the t-shirt idea and the matte idea. I think we will be dropping off a storybook at guest services to be signed. I love the idea of forever having a book of classics signed by classy classic characters

That is a fabulous idea (using a storybook)! I'm going in May and have been debating what to get signed. Love it!

Question about the pillowcases - this is our first cruise and I'm planning on surprising each of my kids with them at the end. Does that mean I should get an autograph book as well?! Do most people get pictures with characters and have them sign something just like at the parks? My kids will be 8 and 4 so don't want them to be disappointed that they think they're not getting signatures but also don't want to carry the books around if I don't have to! lol! Thanks!

Question about the pillowcases - this is our first cruise and I'm planning on surprising each of my kids with them at the end. Does that mean I should get an autograph book as well?! Do most people get pictures with characters and have them sign something just like at the parks? My kids will be 8 and 4 so don't want them to be disappointed that they think they're not getting signatures but also don't want to carry the books around if I don't have to! lol! Thanks!

Yes, many people will have autograph books, but not all. I imagine you will get more signatures on the pillowcases then you would from doing all of the character meet and greets. There is so much going on on the ship that we missed a lot of the characters. The last cruise we were on, I think we did Ana and Elsa (together) and Stitch.

I think it's a great idea to have the books as well as the pillowcases. This way, the kids will feel good about getting autographs in their books (even if it's not as many as the pillowcases will have) and you can know that a very special souvenir is yet to be completed.

Holy smokes...I made it! ~3 days and 103 pages later...thank you! I'm dreaming and planning our first cruise for January of 2016, and now have pages of notes! Can't wait to see what else pops up between now and then!

Awesome tips! I am definitely going to have mattes signed for the girls. Something that I know will last forever and can be displayed in their rooms! Thanks!

I like the pillowcase idea, are they still willing to let you drop it off at guest services. A plain white pillow case even with signatures seems so boring. But it seems like one with a print or design would be too busy or you can't see the autographs. I am not crafty at all to do embroidery and I do not know anyone who is or where I could even begin to get it done. Do you buy it somewhere or find someone to do it. Suggestions? (relatively in expensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter