Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. liberty6201

liberty6201 Mouseketeer

I think I've read that if there are 3 kids in a stateroom you are allowed 3 things to sign

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tianni

Tianni Tianni Rowley,

You can bring just about anything and they will sign it... A friend of mine brought a picture frame Matte and they signed it, she put an 8x10 picture in it and framed it, it was a beautiful keepsake!!

4. r_mccool

r_mccool Our Family Loves Disney

Just found this thread - going back to read from page 1. :woohoo:

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 Yep!

6. kayleesmomxo

kayleesmomxo Mouseketeer

Love this thread:thumbsup2 Thanks so much for all of the wonderful ideas! We leave for our first Disney Cruise on the Dream next Sunday!:cheer2::cheer2: So excited!!!!

7. mordecai

mordecai Mouseketeer

I did the same thing. I started on page one and I'm now at page 52. It's been a week. Maybe I'm a slow reader but there is a TON of information here. Great thread. :thumbsup2

8. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

Love this info! Thanks!!

9. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

The plug ins are an awesome idea! Also love the idea of getting the uncrustables for port days for snacks. Will have to remember that when we take our kids on their first cruise. Thanks!

10. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

Thanks for this info. Will be asking for the frequent buyers card @ the Cove Cafe.

Also good to know that dry cleaning is inexpensive, as well as having clothes pressed for a small fee. My DH is the "ironer" in our house. When we read no irons in the rooms - I hated the idea of him having to go to the laundry everyday. Love that we can have it done for us! Awesome. :)

11. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

Oh wow- so much information in this one! Thanks for the tip about letting your server know of if you are not going to be @ dinner one evening. .

12. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

So if you're doing Palo the first night (we are...sis always does it this way), how do you let your server know?

13. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I don't know the answer to your question but we had Palo on our last night and our servers mentioned it to us before we could let them know. They already knew so maybe it's the same way if you have Palo on your first night.

14. Marlea98

Marlea98 DIS Veteran

We had two pillowcases and a photo mat signed even though we had two kids. Our cruise was not full so they were happy to do that for many people on our cruise :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

15. jrez

jrez Earning My Ears

On our last cruise my iPhone slid out of my pocket while watching the late show in the Walt Disney Theater. I didn't realize it was gone until about a 1/2 hour after the show was over. I use the passlock on my phone and had it put in airplane mode when we left Port Canaveral. So really no one would be able to unlock it to see whose it was and I wouldn't be able to use the Find My iPhone app since the GPS was disabled with airplane mode.

Fortunately when I went back to the theater I found it right under the seat I had been sitting in.

The next day I took a picture of our room number on our door and set that as the picture on the lock screen so if I lost it again on the ship everyone would know what room it belonged to.

Quite frankly it's not a bad idea to just put a message on the lock screen with contact info about who to call if your phone is found regardless if you are on the ship or just back at home.

16. cheribelle

cheribelle Mouseketeer

That is a great tip!! Thank you :)

17. disneydecorator

disneydecorator Earning My Ears

How cool how many markers should we bring

18. disneydecorator

How do u order the cookies?

19. brentm77

brentm77 Earning My Ears

The cookies are on the room service menu for no charge. But don't set your expectations too high. They are dry, overcooked, and flavorless. They don't even look appetizing. The oatmeal seemed like store bought, but were a bit more palatable.

20. disneydecorator

How do u participate in the hunt

21. disneydecorator

what is the hidden Mickey challenge?