Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked onboard in 2009 and am finally getting to use it in 2014 after several years of changing my placecard or dummy date .So rebook if you can ,even if you cant forsee or imagine being able to go in the next year or two.
Also, I would like to suggest remember everyone on your cruise is on vacation as well so have a good attitude in line and such. I had a fellow cruiser be very rude to my son age 6 at the time on Castaway cay for sitting on a hammock that they had saved with a towel. Every hammock on the family beach was saved by 10 am. I understand wanting to relax in a hammock on the beach but lets take turns:) ofcouse they were plentiful by 2:30. Ihad the feeling by the end of my 7 night cruise that everyone was so used to the disney magic and being catered to that they had forgotten how to think of others and play nice. This wasn.t our only incident w fellow cruisers on the last day on that cruise.

Those that have been on the Dream or Fantasy,is Castaway alot more crowded with more cruiseRs? Curious since our last trip was before Castaway additions

I booked onboard in 2009 and am finally getting to use it in 2014 after several years of changing my placecard or dummy date .So rebook if you can ,even if you cant forsee or imagine being able to go in the next year or two.
Also, I would like to suggest remember everyone on your cruise is on vacation as well so have a good attitude in line and such. I had a fellow cruiser be very rude to my son age 6 at the time on Castaway cay for sitting on a hammock that they had saved with a towel. Every hammock on the family beach was saved by 10 am. I understand wanting to relax in a hammock on the beach but lets take turns:) ofcouse they were plentiful by 2:30. Ihad the feeling by the end of my 7 night cruise that everyone was so used to the disney magic and being catered to that they had forgotten how to think of others and play nice. This wasn.t our only incident w fellow cruisers on the last day on that cruise.

Those that have been on the Dream or Fantasy,is Castaway alot more crowded with more cruiseRs? Curious since our last trip was before Castaway additions

It would be nice if people just used them as they needed them and not save them.

tinyteen19401 said:
It would be nice if people just used them as they needed them and not save them.

Exactly!!! Unfortunately there are people who just think of themselves and forget, or not care, that it's everyone else's vacation also.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and insight. I truly hope the Disney bags went beyond the plastic shopping bag. I loved participating in the FE but know there are passengers who think the FEs "junk" up the hallways because we had the pleasure of standing behind one who was complaining at guest services.

They were mostly nice bags. Nothing that junked up the hallway in my opinion. Some were backpacks or the bags you can buy by the counter at the Disney store.

I agree. I don't see how it would make a difference if you order room service or go to Cabanas. Cabanas opens for continental breakfast at 7:00 and full buffet at 7:30. All ashore isn't until 8:30 so you would have plenty of time either way. But to each their own. :goodvibes

I can see how this would work for me.... I'm in a room with just my 2 kids dh is in a room with our other 2 kids .... I can see how this would allow my little ones to eat while I get ready. And also I may do the CC 5 k with my oldest so I also was thinking something small and quick to eat from room service before the 5 k

I've been reading to order breakfast through room service the morning of castaway cay so that you can get off of the boat sooner

I can see how this would work for me.... I'm in a room with just my 2 kids dh is in a room with our other 2 kids .... I can see how this would allow my little ones to eat while I get ready. And also I may do the CC 5 k with my oldest so I also was thinking something small and quick to eat from room service before the 5 k

That statment was in direct response to the above quote. No matter where you choose to have breakfast, all ashore is not until 8:30. That is the point I was making.

If having room service will help you and your family get ready more quickly then go for it and enjoy the yummy pastries. :thumbsup2

That statment was in direct response to the above quote. No matter where you choose to have breakfast, all ashore is not until 8:30. That is the point I was making.

If having room service will help you and your family get ready more quickly then go for it and enjoy the yummy pastries. :thumbsup2

Oh I know.... My quote got cut off :) I was just stating my opinion how I could see how this could benefit someone like me to get moving earlier

2 things.

1. Cat 8's(241 sq ft) have more "livable" space than Cat 7's, 6's, and Cat 5's(203 sq ft).(except for 5E)
Cat 8's have a large porthole, while the others mentioned have verandahs. I actually prefer the porthole to the verandah, so I gladly booked a larger room for less money.

2. Never give up on your preferred Cat. if initially sold out. I booked a Cat 9B because I wanted a porthole and there were no Cat 8's available at time of booking. Cat 9's have medium sized portholes while Cat 8's have the large ones that you can sit/lay in. Anyway, I periodically checked backed to see if any became available and yesterday, 3 popped up. Needles to say, I changed my reservation immediately. After my 10% OBB discount was applied, the difference in price was less than $100. So, never give up.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Tervis is a great choice. However, if you touch/hold them with sunscreen on your hands, it messes up the finish.

I'm sure there was a response to this already, but we bought the handles for our Tervis. Love them! They help with keeping your lotion off the tumbler.

Thanks all for the tips! My honeymoon cruise on Disney's Dream is in a little over two weeks and these tips have been immensely helpful. I especially love the signed photo matte idea. For the photo matte, do we have to include them in a ziploc bag as well? Also, I don't want to be too greedy, but can I get them to sign two photo mattes (such as a 11"x14" and a smaller sized one)? Thanks for any and all help in advance! You all are the best! :)

Thanks all for the tips! My honeymoon cruise on Disney's Dream is in a little over two weeks and these tips have been immensely helpful. I especially love the signed photo matte idea. For the photo matte, do we have to include them in a ziploc bag as well? Also, I don't want to be too greedy, but can I get them to sign two photo mattes (such as a 11"x14" and a smaller sized one)? Thanks for any and all help in advance! You all are the best! :)

Don't forget a pillowcase or two! Get fabric markers at Staples to make sure the signatures don't run. You can even have them embroidered after your cruise with name, dates...Congratulations!!

We just got off the Dream last week and were told by guest services that the limit is 2 items per stateroom for signing. Justan FYI. I left the 2 pillowcases for the girls, but couldn't leave one for me or my photo mat. Not sure what I would do if I had 3kids in one stateroom....
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter