Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. PrincessAbby'sMom

PrincessAbby'sMom DIS Veteran

Maybe just more time in your room to get ready & eat at the same time...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fairytalelover

fairytalelover DIS Veteran

Well either we are getting ready or we are eating. I can't really put make up on and eat at the same time:). Plus we're on vacation. We don't like hurrying and stressing out. We like to relax and enjoy our food. Castaway Cay isn't going anywhere. A few extra minutes won't make any difference :wizard:

4. fairytalelover

5. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I agree. I don't see how it would make a difference if you order room service or go to Cabanas. Cabanas opens for continental breakfast at 7:00 and full buffet at 7:30. All ashore isn't until 8:30 so you would have plenty of time either way. But to each their own. :goodvibes

6. PrincessAbby'sMom

Our rush on WDW day is making our bus there...

But us to, it's vacation - what's the rush! That was just my thought as to why they thought it was faster...

7. fairytalelover

But the buses aren't going anywhere either. There are buses lined up to take you to your resort. So enjoy your last morning on the cruise. No need to get an ulcer :lmao:

8. PrincessAbby'sMom

But we had to sign up for a certain park & certain time - that's our excursion for the day....

9. fairytalelover

A certain park at a certain time? I don't understand:confused3. Why do you have to go to a certain park at a certain time?

10. PrincessAbby'sMom

As I explained in the post above... We have a stop at Port Canaveral & as an "excursion" to WDW for the day - therefor we had to sign up for a bus time & park to go to for the day.

Sorry, maybe you didnt see that post!

I think we were both confused a bit! lol

11. KarenMP59

KarenMP59 DVC Member

I think the confusion is that for some cruises the theme parks at WDW are excursions!

12. PrincessAbby'sMom

Yes, for us it's a port day, therefor an excursion we had to register for. It's not a park & cruise combo - we get back on the Magic & finish our cruise back to Tx.

13. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

PrincessAbby's Mom's cruise stops at PC and they have a day at WDW therefore it was necessary for her to choose a time to board the bus for the excursion to WDW. So she may need to rush through breakfast to make certain that she makes her bus on time just like we would do for any other scheduled excursion. :)

14. PrincessAbby'sMom

Exactly! Thank you

15. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

No problem :thumbsup2

16. GoofyTwinDad

GoofyTwinDad Mouseketeer

They open the buffett early for the PC day. You will have enough time to eat even if you have the 6:30 departure time. If I remember properly they opened the buffett at 5:30 for our cruise.

17. PrincessAbby'sMom

We HAD the 6:30 depart time, but I changed it - I thought we would be dead by 2 if we were up & going that early! Lol

18. GoofyTwinDad

GoofyTwinDad Mouseketeer

That is what the two sea after the PC day is for. You have time to rest then.

19. fairytalelover

Oh I see. Sorry I didn't know this existed as an excursion. Gosh that seems like it would be so rushed at the park if its just a one day excursion. Not sure if my family would ever opt for that. But that's just us. It may work for other families. We have travelled so much and have learned through trial and error not to book things or too many things thus making us stress and have to rush everywhere. Every time we have done that (and we have done that) we have not enjoyed our vacation as much. :)

20. kjackson83

kjackson83 Earning My Ears

We also won a couple years ago!! We had NO problems spending that!! :)

21. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I think they added these to some of the Galveston sailings. We don't do well with rushing either but I'm sure it will be a nice excursion for the people on the cruise. :)