Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just more time in your room to get ready & eat at the same time...

Well either we are getting ready or we are eating. I can't really put make up on and eat at the same time:). Plus we're on vacation. We don't like hurrying and stressing out. We like to relax and enjoy our food. Castaway Cay isn't going anywhere. A few extra minutes won't make any difference :wizard:

I don't see how it would get you off the boat sooner. As soon as we got dressed we went to the buffet, grabbed a table, grabbed trays and got our food. No problem and no delays.

I agree. I don't see how it would make a difference if you order room service or go to Cabanas. Cabanas opens for continental breakfast at 7:00 and full buffet at 7:30. All ashore isn't until 8:30 so you would have plenty of time either way. But to each their own. :goodvibes

See we are in no rush to get off the boat. It's vacation time which means slow down and smell the roses. :) relax. What's the rush? In fact the last morning on the boat we like to stretch it out and enjoy our last bit of time there. So we get up early and get to our morning dining rotation. We always ask for late dining so on the last day our breakfast rotation isn't at a ridiculously early hour ::yes::

Our rush on WDW day is making our bus there...

But us to, it's vacation - what's the rush! That was just my thought as to why they thought it was faster...

Our rush on WDW day is making our bus there...

But us to, it's vacation - what's the rush! That was just my thought as to why they thought it was faster...

But the buses aren't going anywhere either. There are buses lined up to take you to your resort. So enjoy your last morning on the cruise. No need to get an ulcer :lmao:

That will probably work for any port stop, line we have a Port Canaveral stop & day at WDW... will get us off the boat quicker! dde00

As I explained in the post above... We have a stop at Port Canaveral & as an "excursion" to WDW for the day - therefor we had to sign up for a bus time & park to go to for the day.

Sorry, maybe you didnt see that post!

I think we were both confused a bit! lol

PrincessAbby's Mom's cruise stops at PC and they have a day at WDW therefore it was necessary for her to choose a time to board the bus for the excursion to WDW. So she may need to rush through breakfast to make certain that she makes her bus on time just like we would do for any other scheduled excursion. :)

PrincessAbby's Mom's cruise stops at PC and they have a day at WDW therefore it was necessary for her to choose a time to board the bus for the excursion to WDW. So she may need to rush through breakfast to make certain that she makes her bus on time just like we would do for any other scheduled excursion. :)

Exactly! Thank you

PrincessAbby'sMom said:
As I explained in the post above... We have a stop at Port Canaveral & as an "excursion" to WDW for the day - therefor we had to sign up for a bus time & park to go to for the day.

Sorry, maybe you didnt see that post!

I think we were both confused a bit! lol

They open the buffett early for the PC day. You will have enough time to eat even if you have the 6:30 departure time. If I remember properly they opened the buffett at 5:30 for our cruise.

They open the buffett early for the PC day. You will have enough time to eat even if you have the 6:30 departure time. If I remember properly they opened the buffett at 5:30 for our cruise.

We HAD the 6:30 depart time, but I changed it - I thought we would be dead by 2 if we were up & going that early! Lol

PrincessAbby'sMom said:
We HAD the 6:30 depart time, but I changed it - I thought we would be dead by 2 if we were up & going that early! Lol

That is what the two sea after the PC day is for. You have time to rest then.

Oh I see. Sorry I didn't know this existed as an excursion. Gosh that seems like it would be so rushed at the park if its just a one day excursion. Not sure if my family would ever opt for that. But that's just us. It may work for other families. We have travelled so much and have learned through trial and error not to book things or too many things thus making us stress and have to rush everywhere. Every time we have done that (and we have done that) we have not enjoyed our vacation as much. :)

Just off The Magic... I wanted to reiterate the great idea of going to a DVC presentation since they give away a $300 OBC. I went to the very first one listed and WON!! There were only five other people there, so chances were good, but as the week went on, the presentations were more crowded. My advice: go to first one. Good luck!!

We also won a couple years ago!! We had NO problems spending that!! :)

Oh I see. Sorry I didn't know this existed as an excursion. Gosh that seems like it would be so rushed at the park if its just a one day excursion. Not sure if my family would ever opt for that. But that's just us. It may work for other families. We have travelled so much and have learned through trial and error not to book things or too many things thus making us stress and have to rush everywhere. Every time we have done that (and we have done that) we have not enjoyed our vacation as much. :)

I think they added these to some of the Galveston sailings. We don't do well with rushing either but I'm sure it will be a nice excursion for the people on the cruise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter