Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. mom2rm

mom2rm Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great tips! Leaving in 10 days! So excited!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. couchpotato

couchpotato Earning My Ears

Is the OBC for use on the current cruise or for the future cruise you booked?

4. floridaminnie

floridaminnie <font color=CC00FF> WDW is my 2nd home and working

For the future cruise

5. CruisinNick

CruisinNick dcl addict.

This has changed. You can keep your pirate garb at home.
    There is no Pirate Night in Alaska for 2013.

It's now a "Pixar Party" with your favorite Pixar Characters. It will take place in the Atrium on Deck 3, Midship. The characters and everyone will sing "You've Got A Friend In Me".

Source: From a Cast Member when I called DCL last week.

6. kimgg

kimgg DIS Veteran

Don't know if this has been mentioned but you can watch disney movies on demand in your stateroom at night. I have boys ans don't know that I've ever actually watched all of Beauty and the Beast but I have now thanks to this :).

7. PrincessAbby'sMom

PrincessAbby'sMom DIS Veteran

When you say "on demand", is it an extra charge?

8. fairytalelover

fairytalelover DIS Veteran

No it's all free. It's awesome! There were tons of on demand channels with tons of Disney movies to watch, commercial free. :woohoo:

9. PrincessAbby'sMom

Wonderful! Thanks:-)

10. wachnicki

wachnicki Mouseketeer

That sound fun! :goodvibes

11. missycj96

missycj96 DIS Veteran

On demand also has kids tv shows- my 2 little girls could disney jr shows whenever they wanted. My dd1 likes mickey mouse clubhouse and to watch in bed so it was great for us.

12. DeniseMarie526

DeniseMarie526 Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixi

Subbing! :rotfl:Haven't gotten gotten through them all, but am seriously working on it...lol I loved all the pillow case/ photo mat ideas. I don't know if anyone else has posted this idea, but what I'm doing for our April 19, 2014 EC Cruise on Fantasy is transferring pictures of the kids and myself onto a white sheet, having it signed then framing it. I have it planned in my mind but wondering if anyone has done anything like this.

13. Scooby3x1y

Scooby3x1y DIS Veteran

We've used different TA's. Our favorite is Costco. After our Alaskan cruise in May we will have $500 in Costco cash cards to spend. Sweet! :thumbsup2

14. PrincessAndie

PrincessAndie Mouseketeer

It has seriously taken me a week to read all 91 pages of this thread but it has been wonderful! We are leaving in 8 days and I am so excited! We will most definitely be doing photo mats for the Characters to sign. Bring on the tips! popcorn::

15. the5wills

the5wills Earning My Ears

I never saw a direct response to your question! So I wanted to make sure you did indeed get it:
    You can book while onboard, and by doing so get a discount and future OBC. We got 10% off with $200 OBC. You pick a specific date/ship/itinerary however, this can always be changed to different date. I am not sure the specific restrictions however, on how far out but ours was 1 year away and I believe I've heard others book very quickly or even 2 years from the date as well. Our friends did book 2 rooms and therefore got $200 OBC for each room!
    Hope that helps!

16. bogey326

bogey326 Earning My Ears

Subbing..popcorn::

17. TempusFugit

TempusFugit Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

In answer to another question; if you book two cabins for the same cruise and decide you only need one in the future, merely cancel the reservation for one cabin and your deposit will be refunded. However, the door does not swing both ways. If you book only one cabin and later decide you need another, you will not receive the discount and OBC for the new reservation. The only real downside to booking the second cabin is the down payment and having the two reservations under different passenger names.

18. mollymeaux

mollymeaux Earning My Ears

Black photo matboard with silver and gold markers for character autographs is beautiful and perfect for formal night pics.

19. mommaof1

mommaof1 Earning My Ears

I've been reading to order breakfast through room service the morning of castaway cay so that you can get off of the boat sooner

20. fairytalelover

fairytalelover DIS Veteran

I don't see how it would get you off the boat sooner. As soon as we got dressed we went to the buffet, grabbed a table, grabbed trays and got our food. No problem and no delays.

21. PrincessAbby'sMom

That will probably work for any port stop, line we have a Port Canaveral stop & day at WDW... will get us off the boat quicker!