1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

Shhhhh..... I am planning on making margaritas to put in a sports bottle or travel mug.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Meredisney

Meredisney DIS Veteran

I truly didn't know that. I have done this several times. I would never intentionally disobey the rules. Oops! :(

4. violetmonarch

violetmonarch Mouseketeer

lOl, well I was bummed to hear that if I wanted a bit of my own wine with dinner, I either had to pay the corkage fee or buy a glass from the MDR. I have a nice bottle of champagne and 4 small bottles of wine. I am traveling on the cheap (semi-extreme frugal-ite) so I was thinking that I would just have to do without the alcohol at all if it meant I had to sit along in my room and drink, because that's just a sad scenario, :happytv:
    Maybe there is an alcohol gestapo there watching what we drink in our cups? :rotfl2:
    Anyways, I won't tell if you all won't

5. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

Many times I have brought a glass of wine to the table n the dining room, and have even brought a bottle. The servers have offered to open it and pour. :drinking1

6. violetmonarch

No corkage fee??:confused:

7. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

On the Dream & Fantasy, there is a real fridge in the room. On the Wonder & Magic they are "cooling boxes". If you have a medical need, you can request a real fridge on the Wonder & Magic for your room.

One note, none of the the fridges have a freezer compartment. And DCL most likely will not freeze an ice pack for your personal use. If you need something like this you might look into those first aid snap-paks that freeze up when you break the vial in them.

From the DCL site:

Beverage Policy

QuestionWhat is the policy regarding bringing alcoholic beverages on board?
    Answer
    Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

:cutie:

8. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

No fees, no hassle, no questions.

9. violetmonarch

Yes, thanks. I knew the policy, but somehow it seems that many CM don't seem to mind, from what has been posted on this thread and others. Oh, well....:confused:

10. violetmonarch

Wow, well glad you were able to enjoy it like that. I think that I will take my bottle and if they say anything, there is no harm in just returning it to my room. :thumbsup2

11. tntmaresca

tntmaresca Earning My Ears

going on 1st disney cruise 2/23/13.
    Kids want to do the pin trading thing. It looks expensive to get started. looking for cheap start up, suggestions? anyone know of a cheap reputable ebay site?

12. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

13. hwilliams5

hwilliams5 Earning My Ears

Thank you rescuetink!! Your google doc is very helpful!

14. violetmonarch

I actually got some from a few friends that go to WDW regularly. They have never cruised and was surprised to know that pins are traded there as well. I have to get her one from the ship (remind me) :thumbsup2

15. DarthTod

DarthTod Mouseketeer

Bizzybee1 is a reputable dealer on eBay, for bang for the buck starter pins, look for booster packs, usually 5-7 smaller pins, great for trade fodder.

16. skybroree

skybroree Earning My Ears

violetmonarch - I love your FE

17. skybroree

skybroree Earning My Ears

Thanks to all who have posted such great tips! As a first time Disney Cruiser I am definitely going to go through the Google doc and takes out what I don't want to forget. Getting excited about our cruise on March 1 out of Galveston!!:cool1:

18. rescuetink

rescuetink DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! W

Just trying to do my small part to spread the magic!! pixiedust:

19. violetmonarch

Thanks!:goodvibes

20. jlynch924

jlynch924 Mousin' Around

Just off The Magic... I wanted to reiterate the great idea of going to a DVC presentation since they give away a $300 OBC. I went to the very first one listed and WON!! There were only five other people there, so chances were good, but as the week went on, the presentations were more crowded. My advice: go to first one. Good luck!!

21. DannyDisneyFreak

DannyDisneyFreak Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

How long was the presentation?