Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a tip for the coolers on the Magic and Wonder - to help keep things cold we brought plastic baggies to fill with ice to put in the fridge as ice packs. We would change it out each time our room steward changed out our ice bucket in the room. The bucket is too big to fit in the room cooler and just putting ice in it makes a mess. This helped us be able to keep cartons of milk cold for in the morning.
Agreed about the ice buckets. Don't know who thought up those coolers. We managed to fit the ice bucket on the top shelf but had to remove a shelf to get it in. Even with a full bucket of ice, it didn't cool it too much. We finally decided to put the milk carton directly into the ice. I like your idea of putting into ziplock bags instead.

All of these are good advice, except for the bolded one. At least, if you're sailing out of Port Canaveral (don't know about the other ports). They give you a boarding number based on your port arrival time check in online. So if you check in online late, and get a time of 1-1:30; you'll probably get a boarding number of 30 and if you arrive early to port, you're going to be sitting there for a few hours waiting.

You should arrive at whatever time you click in the online checkin. Also, if you arrive earlier than 11am, they will likely turn you away now.

We had an 11:00am boarding time and we were given #4, but they got to #4 really quick after they started boarding at around 11:00am!!

I think I sent the list to 29 people who sent me their email address'!! I know there was at least one who sent a request and no email address!! So whoever that was please send it and I'll send it!!

Thanks to everyone who put an idea on here!!

RescueTink graciously has made a document that lists these. She made the efford [sic].

I don't think another post needs to start, so I won't make the effort.

SHE??? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: You thought my DW made this list?? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Your so so silly!!!!

PLEASE GO TO POST #721 ON PAGE #49 FOR A COPY OF THE LIST!! THANKS!! :thumbsup2

If you are interested in Disney pillowcases for autographs , I found this website;
www.pillowcasesbygammy.vpweb.com This lady makes all different characters on one side and white for autographs on other side!! I got mine within a week and we are very happy with them. Have a great cruise..:tinker:

I would love a copy! We leave next week. I will pm you my email. Thanks!

Ok, so I was on a mission to get this done, and I did!! It's 26 pages long (with the font set at 10) and each thread page break is noted!! (I'm working on another for the tye-dye thread!!) This is complete to this point and I'll send it yo anyone that wants it!! There are a number of things that are repeated, as different DISers had a different opinion of certain things, or different experiences. I omitted anything that was just rehashed over and over as much as I could. There are a few posts by others in which they made a list of these secrets also, I have kept them a part of what I did in the event that anyone wanted to use just those!! I plan to just save this for myself and review it for our next cruise in 2013!!

Thank you all for these great tips, and I will periodically update it as new ideas and secrets are added!! :goodvibes

PM ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU WANT A COPY SENT TO YOU!!!

Ok, so I was on a mission to get this done, and I did!! It's 26 pages long (with the font set at 10) and each thread page break is noted!! (I'm working on another for the tye-dye thread!!) This is complete to this point and I'll send it yo anyone that wants it!! There are a number of things that are repeated, as different DISers had a different opinion of certain things, or different experiences. I omitted anything that was just rehashed over and over as much as I could. There are a few posts by others in which they made a list of these secrets also, I have kept them a part of what I did in the event that anyone wanted to use just those!! I plan to just save this for myself and review it for our next cruise in 2013!!

Thank you all for these great tips, and I will periodically update it as new ideas and secrets are added!! :goodvibes

PM ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU WANT A COPY SENT TO YOU!!!

I would love this too! Sent a pm with my email. Thank you for putting it all together:thumbsup2

I came back to add that anyone that wants a copy can just PM me their email address and I'll send it!! You jumped on before I got back!! :thumbsup2

I would love a copy! You are wonderful to share that with us! Thank you so much. Sending a PM now.

I would love a copy! You are wonderful to share that with us! Thank you so much. Sending a PM now.

I should be all caught up with sending it out to this point!! I know that there was one that didn't include an email address, I think it was Dina, so PM me your email address and get it out to you!! :santa:

PLEASE GO TO POST #721 ON PAGE #49 FOR A COPY OF THE LIST!! THANKS!! :thumbsup2

Thanks from me also RescueTink. It's awesome how you put this together. FYI, post something quick and get your post count off of 666.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter