Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting caught up on this thread, but do they do anything special for birthdays? My Daughter will be turning 5 while we are on the ship and I'm wondering how I can make her day even more special! :)

Door Decorations! Magnets and the like, would be fun for a birthday.
:cake:

New thing that I learned this cruise;
The Spa DOES have yoga mats to loan!! AND secret deck 7 is PERFECT for morning yoga - never anyone there!!! Namaste'

New thing that I learned this cruise;
The Spa DOES have yoga mats to loan!! AND secret deck 7 is PERFECT for morning yoga - never anyone there!!! Namaste'

Thanks, I'll be 4 rooms down the secret deck 7 on my next cruise. Of course, I'll use it.

I need to ask: Barrie, Ontario?

Nemaste

:tinker:Poussière de fée!

Has anyone given gifts instead of monetary gratuities? I have never done that, but some people seem to give a lot of gifts.
Any other gift ideas?? Would love to give something to the people in the Oceaneers Club! Thanks!

In October we gave the tip envelope in with a bag of candies (chocolate, gum, etc.) to our serving crew. They seemed very excited and thanks us profusely. We did the whole team, including our head waiter. And we gave M &Ms to our room steward with the tip envelope. Then we gave a huge assortment of candy to the Oceaneer lab crew who made Dds trip so special.

I wouldnt feel comfortable doing a gift in place of the tip, it in addition to it.

Door Decorations! Magnets and the like, would be fun for a birthday.
:cake:

A fellow Diser in our FE group was nice enough to print out some special magnets for us. (my printer broke) I brought streamers, some confetti, and tape and when we came back to our room our steward had the room decorated.
click picture for video:
tinkmom72
[/URL][/IMG]

The staff also came and sang Happy Birthday to her at dinner and in the gangway when we boarded the ship.
http://youtu.be/6_JUaV2LOww

The Princesses are also very good about recognizing Birthdays. Click for video:
tinkmom72
[/URL][/IMG]

We honeymooned on the Wonder this past January and it was AMAZING. You will have a fabulous time. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am honeymooning on the Dream next Thursday. I was wondering if they did anything special. We indicated it on our ressie, but this is a first time cruise for both of us.

OOHHHHH I cannot wait!!!! I want to leave NOW!!!!!!!!! :bride::cool1::banana:

LOL!!! :banana:
Nope!! I'm a Girl named Barrie!!! :hippie:

O.K., sorry, but I though I may finally have found someone from my corner of the planet I could have shared both Disney and yoga with..... :confused3 Wishfull thinking! I guess I still need to dream..... :rotfl:

Nemaste......................:upsidedow

:tinker:Poussière de fée!

Can anyone give me guidance where to get the international phone cards, that will work world-wide? I have never bought one and don't really know where to get one.

Yes they will do special things for your cruise. It is always good just to "remind" everyone that it is your honeymoon. Tell them when you check in, to your room steward, dinning etc.. It is just good that they are reminded although they most likely will know.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise!

bumping page........still have more to read..lol wonderful tips..been copying and pasting some to an email to myself so i can print it off and take with me on our next cruise!!

ohh I just rememberd something we saved ... hope not a repeat... when you purchase something for the room or spa you get a typed message in a paper cruise frame...wallet sized...well they make great keepsake picture frames...they even have a backing to stand them up like a frame!

My DH loves the shampoo that they provide in the staterooms. As we were doing 2 B2Bs on the Dream this past summer he tipped the guy $20 in the beginning and told him he really liked the shampoo. My DH got 4 tubes a day and wouldn't let me using any of it! :lmao: Made me use the Suave we brought from home. :goodvibes
He would squeeze all 4 bottles into a water bottle. He filled up over 4 bottles and duct taped the lids on. As it's about $20 for a bottle from the store, he figures he made out fairly well. :rotfl:

We requested the same serving team for the second leg of our B2B as they were wonderful and already knew what we liked. The first night back our head server asked if we all liked shrimp. We said yes and didn't think anything about it. The next night, they brought us 2 FULL plates of coconut shrimp. We could only eat 1 so they gave me a cover for the plate and a cup of the sauce. There was no way we were eating it before bed as we had late seating dinner. When I first tried to give it to our stateroom host, he tried to turn it down. I told him then he could remove the cold ruined shrimp tomorrow morning from our stateroom because it would go to waste. I got an "Well, okay, I will get rid of it for you!" :rolleyes1 He thanked me for it the next morning. 2 nights later (5 night cruise), the head waiter gave us another 2 plates of it. We again took one back to him (it was the last night of the cruise). All I did was lift the lid a little and he readily took it out of my hands. He said that he and his friends would enjoy it when they got off that night! Made me feel good that someone was enjoying all that food and it wasn't going to waste. :)

And the serving team all thanked us profusely for requesting them for the B2B. They told us that we had no idea what that meant for them. So yes, fill out that questionnaire at the end and mention the excellent service you receive and mention their names!! It is a big deal.

Oh yeah, and we always pre-pay the tips and then stick extra cash in the envelope if they were great (which they usually are).

I'm laughing here because our first night on the Dream I couldn't set that darm alarm for anything!!! :confused: Not sure if it is the same one as the Wonder. :confused3

My husband was making fun of me UNTIL he tried and failed. It never did get set.

ha ha ha..neither my dh or I could set it on the dream either...but the wake up call is better anywho....mickey calls on the wake up call~

My DH loves the shampoo that they provide in the staterooms. As we were doing 2 B2Bs on the Dream this past summer he tipped the guy $20 in the beginning and told him he really liked the shampoo. My DH got 4 tubes a day and wouldn't let me using any of it! :lmao: Made me use the Suave we brought from home. :goodvibes
He would squeeze all 4 bottles into a water bottle. He filled up over 4 bottles and duct taped the lids on. As it's about $20 for a bottle from the store, he figures he made out fairly well. :rotfl:

We requested the same serving team for the second leg of our B2B as they were wonderful and already knew what we liked. The first night back our head server asked if we all liked shrimp. We said yes and didn't think anything about it. The next night, they brought us 2 FULL plates of coconut shrimp. We could only eat 1 so they gave me a cover for the plate and a cup of the sauce. There was no way we were eating it before bed as we had late seating dinner. When I first tried to give it to our stateroom host, he tried to turn it down. I told him then he could remove the cold ruined shrimp tomorrow morning from our stateroom because it would go to waste. I got an "Well, okay, I will get rid of it for you!" :rolleyes1 He thanked me for it the next morning. 2 nights later (5 night cruise), the head waiter gave us another 2 plates of it. We again took one back to him (it was the last night of the cruise). All I did was lift the lid a little and he readily took it out of my hands. He said that he and his friends would enjoy it when they got off that night! Made me feel good that someone was enjoying all that food and it wasn't going to waste. :)

And the serving team all thanked us profusely for requesting them for the B2B. They told us that we had no idea what that meant for them. So yes, fill out that questionnaire at the end and mention the excellent service you receive and mention their names!! It is a big deal.

Oh yeah, and we always pre-pay the tips and then stick extra cash in the envelope if they were great (which they usually are).

our serving team was from India and so was one of his friends who was a chef...(on the dream) and the chef made us special indian food two different nights......was sooo yummy...when i say they go out of their way, they really go out of their way!

Subscribing:thumbsup2

We do the same:goodvibes. As for the shampoo and lotion I keep them in small bottles & love to take them on all my other trips to be reminded of my magical trips. On the last cruise our host would line up the 4 bottles of each on the desk in different patterns each day.

Another member wrote about taking along extra ziploc bags. They come in handy for all sorts of things. I use the larger ones to put my wet swimsuit in if I need to change after an excurtion. They are also great for throwing all the dirty clothes in at the end of trip so I don't stink up luggage. I always travel with fabric sofener sheets for that reason also, plus they repel insects on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter