Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind i s swirling w/ ideas right now... :rolleyes1 as for "Thank You" treats for the CM... how about gum since that is a "RARE" (ok, no where to be found) commodity anywhere in the parks, much less the ships. I'm sure some of them miss this item ;)

Avid gum chewer... love my Orbits bubblemint gum :woohoo:. Kills two birds w/ one stone... heartburn (yes, chewing gum cures it, plus mint is a coolant for it) and the need for gum.

Love the photo ABC challenge, may be using it for us...

Can anyone tell me more about the "hidden mickey challenge?" I would really like to know!! We love searching for hidden mickeys and this sounds just perfect! ...Even though I have no clue what it is!:confused3:cool1::rotfl2::yay:

We went to the Guest Services desk and asked for the Hidden Mickey list. They had to hunt for it themselves, but said they were able to get it from the kids club CM's. So I'd check with either the kids club or Guest Services.

On my upcoming cruise, we are trying to put together our SM group. HELP! :eek: I need ideas for what kind of things to give. And if there is 1 person organizing it, will that person know who their SM is? Thanks. :thumbsup2

On my upcoming cruise, we are trying to put together our SM group. HELP! :eek: I need ideas for what kind of things to give. And if there is 1 person organizing it, will that person know who their SM is? Thanks. :thumbsup2
Just curious why you're choosing SM over FE?

Just curious why you're choosing SM over FE?

One doesn't have to cancel out the other. We actually had both on a cruise and folks would just sign up to whatever they felt like. Most did the FE and a smaller group did both FE and SM. Nobody decided to do SM but no FE.

Susie; if you use the simple "assigning" of Secret Mickeys then yes you'ld know your SM if you'ld be organizing things. You could also use online features especially designed for secret santas and people not living together. It's basically like drawing papers with names on them, but you just do it online. Nobody knows anything.

On formentioned cruise, I organized the SM. I decided to go with the "assigning" way. I'ld rather spoil myself out of not knowing my SM than make it more difficult on the others. You see, we had more info gathered that needed to be exchanged. Like likings, allergies, personal info and more so a SM could have somewhere to begin thinking about the gift(s) for said cabin (we did it per cabin). As a group we didn't want that info laying around and ended up going with me "assigning" and then forwarding that info to only the SM. It actually turned out easier this way as I could help trouble shoot for some little problems that occured onboard. If I hadn't known all of the combinations of who's whose SM, it would've needed some ruining surprises to smooth over that little bump.

We have 218 days left until we cruise the dream. I LOVE this thread! Thank you so much for the little tips.

So here's a silly question, that probably does not belong on this thread, but i'll ask any way ;)

I've noticed that signatures (plate picture posted above) are almost identical to the onces I got at the world. Are the characters taught how to sign?

Also, for the pillowcases/place mats/plates etc. .... does one person sign all the signatures or is each character siging? The reason I ask, is if you are going to put in, say a box of candy .... who gets it? The person at GS or the first person to sign ...?

So here's a silly question, that probably does not belong on this thread, but i'll ask any way ;)

I've noticed that signatures (plate picture posted above) are almost identical to the onces I got at the world. Are the characters taught how to sign?

My guess is that this is part of the Disney consistency thing and yes they probably would have to learn the "right" way to do a signature.

Thanks so much for all the great ideas-- keep 'em coming pelase! I'm making a list for our cruise. Cannot wait for our cruise next month!!

mY niece was "friends" with Cinderella, Snow White and Mary Poppins and in the beginning Pluto--YES they are trained in many things and signature is one of them!

My guess is that this is part of the Disney consistency thing and yes they probably would have to learn the "right" way to do a signature.
I agree. We are at Disneyland almost weekly. See all the characters (same characters, different 'faces') and have many autographs books. Same names, same signatures, all looking almost identical.

Not a secret but something some might be interested in!

On the way home from our recent cruise my wife was going through a particular afternoon on the ship and stopped to ask me...what did we do after that?

Well I went to Target recently and happened upon 3 different style journals, about 5" X 8" with 120 pages. One was just Mickey on the front, one was several cartoon panels of Mickey and the other was a Mickey Hand and buttons of his pants.

So from now on, anytime the mood strikes, we will be making cruise journal entries like what we ate and how good it was, what someone said that was memorable or funny, etc.

Got 1 of each but may go back and clean them out to share with fellow DBers we cruise with!

In the school/office supply area at Target! $5.99

This has been posted before, but what fun things can you do that DCL doesn't tell you about? We are going to be on the ship for 25 Days and want to utilize all the little "secrets" DCL doesn't tell you about.. Here's what I came up with:

1. Pillow cases with signatures
2. Ordering cookies and milk from room service before bed.

What else????:banana:

Sorry, didn't read through this whole thread -- but can relate to doing 25 days onboard. We did b2b in 2007 (10-day Med and 14-day Transatlantic) and LOVED it.

Favorites: Loved not having to disembark between cruises. REALLY enjoyed going to breakfast that morning with no luggage and watching everyone else scramble to get off the ship. Sat in the atrium for a while and watched the debarkation. Soooooo relaxing (wink wink). Did get off the ship at about 11 a.m. to go into the port to have our embarkation picture taken as a souvenir for the second cruise, then spent the morning in the pools watching the crew clean and prep the ship!

Doing movie night in our room twice -- ordered room service and watched movies on the TV. Very relaxing.

Doing Topsiders for dinner twice instead of formal night. Having done it three times on the trip already, decided to forego the last formal and semi-formal.

Loved the freedom of skipping the shows during the second cruise as we had seen them and went to the movies or enjoyed our room or sat up on deck or went to the pools (empty because everyone was at the shows or dinner).

Not a secret but something some might be interested in!

On the way home from our recent cruise my wife was going through a particular afternoon on the ship and stopped to ask me...what did we do after that?

Well I went to Target recently and happened upon 3 different style journals, about 5" X 8" with 120 pages. One was just Mickey on the front, one was several cartoon panels of Mickey and the other was a Mickey Hand and buttons of his pants.

So from now on, anytime the mood strikes, we will be making cruise journal entries like what we ate and how good it was, what someone said that was memorable or funny, etc.

Got 1 of each but may go back and clean them out to share with fellow DBers we cruise with!

In the school/office supply area at Target! $5.99
They carry Disney journals at the 99 Cent Store too. Thanks for the idea.

Just thought I would share this as something special - I don't know if its something you can ASK for but if you should a helping spirit you may get picked for it!

One night when I was pin trading early on my 1st cruise I was at the Limited Edition Pin stand that they bring out every night and I was explaining to different parents what Pin Trading was and how it worked because there kids were asking to do it - then I would trade or give a pin to the kids to get them started - I was then asked by one of the CM if I would like to participate in Officer Pin Trading on the Semi-Formal Night. I got an offical invitation in my Fish and then a certificate afterwards saying that I had participated. I stood in line with all the officers and traded with people before going to dinner...it was fun and I got quite a few great pins out of it :cool1:

DD would geek out over this.....I set her up for it, and if it happens will be a magic moment :wizard: :goodvibes

subbing for my Daughter and Mom's Valentine Birthday Cruise 2-16-2012 ~ :love:

I don't know if this has been said, 'cause I didn't read all the posts, but...on our recent cruise, while walking through the lobby during some sort of "Meet the Captain" event, they offered complimentary cocktails! :cool1: Can't beat it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter