Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. PirateMel

PirateMel DIS Veteran

First time Disney cruiser here - leaving May 1th on the Dream.

Are the doors metal that you can use magnets on or do I have to pack sticky sutff?

Anyone been on the Dream yet - can you tell me if there is a Pirate party?
    There is no informaiton on the DCL site for the Dream like I D/L in error for the Wonder.

Thank you,
    Melanie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

Most of the stateroom doors on the Dream are metal (magnets will work). The concierge rooms, I've heard, are not. Please DO NOT bring sticky stuff!

Yes, there are actually two pirate parties. One earlier aimed more for the younger kids and then Club Pirate before the fireworks aimed at the older set.

Have a blast on your trip!

4. Minnie-Mickey

Minnie-Mickey Mouseketeer

We were on the Dream 20 - 24. Yes there is a pirate party same night as the dress up night (dress up night is not listed anywhere we found out 30 min prior and ran to change would not have mattered what a range of clothing sweats to ball gowns). It is the night you are in Nassau. Fireworks are great. Stay to the side of the boat not front or back. There is a show on stage with Jack Sparrow. So you want to be where you can see both. There is no good spot to see both without obstructions. Pack lightly. Pack then take out half of your stuff. Cruise was ok. DD and DM did not like the food they are more standard faire eaters. Pool way too crowded. We never got in it was like sardines. Do not book shore trips for CC I think there is enough to do without paying for it. We did extreme package but only used sting ray and tubes. Water very chilly for snorkling. Overall we enjoyed the trip. We just may not be a cruising family. We loved the virtual window. Finished at WDW and we think we like that better even if we have been 10 times

5. PirateMel

PirateMel DIS Veteran

Thank you,
    I should have specified Sucky cups not sticky, that is what we use at the resorts when the doors are not metal or on the windows.

6. Minniemiss

Minniemiss DIS Veteran

They are asking for magnet variety only.

7. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

8. penguinaddict

penguinaddict Floating on an iceberg headed to Disneyland

9. toverly

toverly Mouseketeer

My guess is that one person is signing. Afterall, Mickey's signature is the same in any park you are in regardless of who is in the suit. I think they must be trademarked. I add candy anyway. It's a nice gesture for a free item.

10. princess5750

princess5750 Earning My Ears

So we leave on the Dream April 10th...has anyone RECENTLY went and had pillowcases signed and on the Dream??? I want to drop off 2 pillowcases and fabric markers, one for each of my girls but really don't want to look silly in case they have NO clue what I am talking about! I will definitely include some sort of thank you treat! And another question, do they always do it??? Who sits around and signs all these things??

Thanks all!!!

11. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

AFAIK, CM's who are friends of characters do actually have to learn penmanship for the characters.

If you practice enough, you can train your muscles to do anything. Autographs are the same- CMs just have to train their muscles to remember how to sign it.

12. resq343

resq343 Earning My Ears

subbing... going on the dream may 29th for dd's 5th birthday :)

13. disneycoleys

disneycoleys A dream is a wish your heart makes.........

We were on the Dream Feb 10 and took pillowcases. We dropped them off at the guest services desk. They asked if it was for boys or girls. We told them boys but "the more the merrier" as far as signatures go. I had some markers but they were NOT needed, they have their own. I used a gallon ziploc bag (with our name and room number on it written with a sharpie) and placed 2 pillowcases in one bag. They were returned to our room the final night. So easy! And so cute!

14. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

I bought fabric markers to use instead of Sharpies. I hope they use them. I've heard the Sharpies can run or fade when washed.

15. szubieta

szubieta DIS Veteran

Me too!! :thumbsup2

16. Camonkeygirl

Camonkeygirl DIS Veteran

Is there a limit to how many items they will autograph? I was thinking of taking two pillow cases and two photo mats. It is only DH and I traveling.

17. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

You can share mine. Let's put them in the same bag. :hug: I think I'm ordering the pillowcase off e-bay. Did you get one yet?

18. szubieta

szubieta DIS Veteran

Thanks but I have some markers too. Yes, I ordered mine weeks ago. They both are Pirates of the Caribbean and need to be colored in. JoJo's excited about that.

http://www.janlynn.com/detail.cfm?ID=8245&Desc=PC-1136-56 Super Value Pirate Pillowcase Only

for .99 each, it cost more in s/h. :confused3

19. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

GREAT deal, but they don't have anything too girlie. G wants pirate princess Minnie pirate: Why are you getting 2?

20. szubieta

szubieta DIS Veteran

He has two pillows on his bed.

21. dllocals

dllocals Mouseketeer

There is a pin trading book in the gift store on the Disney Wonder. Just ask to see it at the counter. Our girls made about 6 trades total there. Have fun!