Crowds the week of December 12-18th?

This is our third year going that week (however, we get out of town after Wednesday.) We will be there Dec 11 - 15 at CBR. It is wonderfully slow compared to other times I have visited. I remember last year not even using our fast passes we collected earlier in the day, because when we returned most of the rides were walk-on. You'll have a great time. See you there!

jb

Last year we went to MVMCP on the 13th? I think? It was early in the week. Anyway, I had on a lightweight long sleeved knit shirt - and I was burning up! I swear, it felt like it was still 80+ degrees at 10 PM!

But it definitely turned cooler, and by the end of the week it was too cold to swim (though the pools were open - the pools are always open, it seems - even in January when it was close to freezing).

The 13th I believe would of been a Sunday. Was the MVMCP over crowded when you went?

This is starting to scare me realizing how many people will be here due to the Pin and Free Dining. But we're those crazy folks who go during the Christmas week, so maybe it'll be similar. Last year they didn't have free dining and that pin.

Yes Im worried about it being more crowded because of the free dining. I have been trying to make dining reservations, I know you are suppose to make them 180 days ahead but I wasnt sure if we would get to go. So here Iam trying to make reservations and there are not many to choose from. Which worries me with few choices on reservation it makes me wonder if it is going to be crowded ! :scared1: I kind of have a bad feeling about the crowds because we were there in Sept. and I would say it was average crowds and I didnt have any trouble making reservation.:confused3

We will be there the 12 - 18th as well. That was the week we went in 2006 and we had such an amazing trip we had to do it again - - with or without free dining! LOL! I hope to have the same kind of trip.

We were given fastpasses for HS one day, but the crowds were so light none of the rides accepted them - no need. They went in the scrapbook!

The weather was mild, but not warm enough to swim, actually it was perfect park weather!

Hope we all have a wonderful December 2010 trip!!

The 13th I believe would of been a Sunday. Was the MVMCP over crowded when you went?

Not the op, but that WHOLE last WEEK of parties last year were SOLD OUT..Some sold out the day of, the last party sold out sooner..I was there on Dec 13th and didn't stay for the party but it was HOT and humid that day and when we left at 7pm , Main St was gridlocked and impossible to navigate to get out of the park.The lines of party guests pouring in at 7pm were crazy

We will be there the 12th lol. Im not looking forward to it being packed:scared1: I hate crowds but I have the tickets already ! This will be my first time so Im going to brave it :rotfl: :cool1:

We will be there the 12th lol. Im not looking forward to it being packed:scared1: I hate crowds but I have the tickets already ! This will be my first time so Im going to brave it :rotfl: :cool1:

I'm crossing my fingers that since there aren't any discount tickets for this evening, that the crowds *might* avoid this night. I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking on my part, but I'm trying to think positive! :goodvibes

I'm getting so excited for this trip! Hopefully it will be a great week for low crowds and mild weather!

I'm getting so excited for this trip! Hopefully it will be a great week for low crowds and mild weather!

Right there with you! My kids informed me this morning that we were under 40 days. Needless to say, I was doing the happy dance! :banana::banana:

I know Im getting excited about getting ready to go lol especially after looking at the offical Disney web site! They now have the Christmas scene on the home page:woohoo:

We were there 12/12-12/18 in '09.

Worst crowds we encountered were at MK on 12/12. We arrived at 2 pm, so expected it to be crowded. Got FP for WP and PP at 2:30 and the return time for WP was 4:40 and PP was 6:20. 3 pm parade was crowded the further you went down Main St. Difficult to walk through the crowd with a stroller from Castle to Main St around 7 pm that night when we left (Spectro wasn't scheduled till 9 or 10 pm suggesting it was going to get worse as the night progressed).

2 other days we did MK from rope drop to noonish on MVMCP days. Able to ride things and meet characters with minimal (10 minutes or less) waits.

More or less followed TP's recommendations of best parks to visit and never stood in any long lines (20 minutes or less, mostly 10 minutes or less). Utilizing FP's and single rider lines probably helped. Parks were definitely not empty, but there was always plenty of space to walk or stand with a stroller, including Osborne Lights. My daughter danced and danced in the street for a good hour.

We saw and rode everything we wanted.

Our family will likely come back during this time of year in the future.

We were there that week in 2008, and then last year we went the first week of December. Both were fairly low crowds, but the crowds were definitely lower the week you are going. That would be my preferred December week! The only crowded thing we hit in 2008 was MVMCP. It was a sold out night, and it was crazy crowded. Other than that, everying except your typicals like TSM, Soarin etc., had very low waits.

we are going dec11-18 , it is the first trip for my MIL and we are all excited for the weather and crowd reports. i am getting to the point now that i am re checking my ticker for run!!!:lmao:looking forward to seeing you all there!!

This just added on Friday to the Orlando area::wizard:

Discovery Powered Down, Analysis Continue
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:47:44 AM EST

At NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, space shuttle Discovery is powered down for the weekend while analysis continue. Discovery's launch is currently targeted for no earlier than Dec. 17, after shuttle managers determined more tests and analysis are needed.

The Program Requirements Control Board reviewed on Wednesday repairs and engineering evaluations associated with cracks on two 21-foot-long, U-shaped aluminum brackets, called stringers, on the shuttle's external tank. Managers decided the analysis and tests required to launch Discovery safely are not complete. The work will continue through next week.

The next status review by the PRCB will be Thursday, Dec. 2. If managers clear Discovery for launch on Dec. 17, the preferred time is about 8:51 p.m. EST.

It will be the last launch of the space shuttle Discovery. :hippie: I hope on Dec 2 they give the green light for liftoff and there is great weather.:yay:

OMG!!! Keep us informed KYCruiseCrazy! I have always wanted to watch a shuttle launch but conflicts made that impossible. We will be at Epcot watching the CP! What a treat to see that launch!!! And then Illuminations!! Truly a Christmas to remember!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter