Crowds the week of December 12-18th?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by gilby, Oct 21, 2010.

1. gilby

gilby DIS Veteran

Can anyone give me their experience of crowds for the week of December 12-18th. I am trying to map out my trip. So much to do it a short period of time.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lvdis

lvdis love disney

Sorry I can't help, but I'm very interested in knowing this too. We'll be there 12/12 - 12/16.

4. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

TP lists each day as a 1 to 5 for crowd levels that week. So should be a great week!

5. g-dad66

g-dad66 DIS Veteran

We were there during that week last year, and crowds were low (except for the crush on the Streets of America for the Osborne Lights).

Example: We rode Test Track three times in a row at Rope Drop with no wait (even bypassed the pre-show room all three times).

6. Brazilmom

Brazilmom Mouseketeer

Sounds good! :thumbsup2 (we'll be there too...)

7. mommymac

mommymac Earning My Ears

We are going that week as well. Sounds like it is a good time.

8. rachedo

rachedo Earning My Ears

We will be there that week too! Our first Disney trip, I can not wait!:santa:

9. suebedo

suebedo Mouseketeer

We were there same time last year and will be going again this year! The crowds are great during the week, The weekends were very busy especially at MK.

10. exwdwcm

exwdwcm wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

we went the 10-20th last year (10th was a thursday and 20th was a sunday). the first part of the weekend/week was fine- moderate crowds. We got to the parks at opening almost everyday, left by 1-2pm for a break, and back around 4-5. We rode everything we wanted without waiting more than 20 minutes for anything. We hit the biggies early and used FP though.

the crowds started to appear on friday night the 18th and by saturday the 19th, it was a mad house. we could barely walk down main st at the MK that night, it was like wall-to-wall people. crazy. So just be prepared that the latter weekend of your trip will start getting busy probably. although because of how the holidays falls, it could be slightly different this year depending on when schools are out.

but we had a fabulous time and great weather too!

11. sherbet

sherbet Mouseketeer

We are going 11-19, first time !! Excited to hear about the low crowds. Does anyone know how long the lines are for Fantasmic and Candlelight Processional are? Will we have a long wait if we dont have the package?

12. Withacy

Withacy DIS Veteran

Last year we were there the 12th-20th. The last couple days it was starting to get crowded (especially Sunday the 20th), but other than that, the crowds were light and it was very nice.

This year we're going to be there 9th-20th. Seven weeks from today - I'm so excited! :santa:

13. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

We had our first trip last year during the same week - it was AMAZING:cool1: The only day we felt a crowd was Sat evening and Sunday afternoon. Sunday morning, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of that week were super! One thing we did to minimize the crowd exposure was to choose parks that did not have EMHs that day. We are not early risers or late night folks so we chose not to use the EMHs ourselves. So we just went to the park without EMH for that day. Also, MK on the morning that there was to be a MVMCP (if those are the initials - the Christmas Party) was extremely pleasant! We just went at rope drop and were ready to leave by the time the party goers were starting to enter. It was a great week all around:love: You'll have a blast!

14. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

We went Dec 12-19th last year and it was lower crowds till about the 18th or so..

15. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Not going this year, but that is one of the weeks we're considering for 2011. I've never been in December, is it usually still warm enough during the afternoon to take a swim or do they close the pools. The normal high temps seem warm enough, but I just wondered if the pools would even be open or warm enough to swim in.

16. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

The pools are heated and open, you will see people in them even when the air is a chilly.Maybe not lots of people but there will be some.Our trip last year we were in the pool a few days at the beginning of the trip( it was 80+ degrees) but towards the end of the trip it was cold and we were in jeans and jackets and we still saw people in the pools

17. kirrrby

kirrrby We're all mad here....

We will be there during the same time! Got the 25/30/40 pin so that's why we're going a week earlier than usual. We've gone at the end of this stretch the past couple of years (arriving on the 16th or so) And the parks are usually minimal crowds, but special events still require you to show up quite early. (Fantasmic, Osborne Lights)

I have never seen the pools closed in December, it's usually pretty warm throughout the whole month. I wouldn't recommend going at night though, once that cold air touches your skin you'll wish you were back in the water.

18. Withacy

Withacy DIS Veteran

Last year we went to MVMCP on the 13th? I think? It was early in the week. Anyway, I had on a lightweight long sleeved knit shirt - and I was burning up! I swear, it felt like it was still 80+ degrees at 10 PM!

But it definitely turned cooler, and by the end of the week it was too cold to swim (though the pools were open - the pools are always open, it seems - even in January when it was close to freezing).

19. mrsr2ro

mrsr2ro Mouseketeer

We're there that week too - but just Sunday the 12 to Wed the 15 and I am stressing figuring out which days to do what. Monday and Tuesday are the only full days and I want one to be EP, one MK. We are NOT doing MVMCP (which are on Sunday and Tuesday) so that means our only opportunity to see the evening parade and wishes is on Monday - which is also the evening EMH. That means Epcot on Tuesday but that is it's morning EMH. So essentially we'll be hitting both parks on EMH days.... is that a bad idea? It's just going to be my mom, me, and my two boys (6 & 4) on this trip so I plan to get up early for rope drops and take mid afternoon breaks of needed. Oh and we are not buying hoppers as it adds over $200 and we are there for such a short time I can't see spending the money. Or do you think we should and do Epcot all day Monday, hop over to MK for evening, and then do MK day on Tuesday and hop over to Epcot for evening. UGH DECISIONS DECISIONS!! :confused3

20. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

I'm going that same week as well - got a great PIN, so I'm going for my birthday! Very excited! And I'm glad to hear that the crowds are still low - there are so many posts saying, "It used to be great, but now it's crowded," so I'm pleased that others think it's still pretty light.

21. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

We're going the 10th-15th. We went this past May and in June 2009 so it can't be any worse than June!

We do rope drop everyday and utilize fastpasses so I'm thinking we'll be fine.