• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crock pot crazy

I cooked drip beef sandwich meet in the crocl this past weekend. I recently bought a copy of the Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook and have been wanting to try some recipes. This weekend I am going to try Just Peachy Ribs! Hope it's good!

Keep those crock-pot recipes coming!!

Melissa

A good barbeque meal is:

Country style pork ribs (the big, thick, boneless kind)
Garlic powder
Ground black pepper
1-2 bottles of BBQ sauce (cheap/Kraft is okay here, since it cooks down so much - you just need enough to cover however many ribs you have)
Optional: dried onion flakes

Rub the boneless ribs with a little garlic powder and black pepper.
Put just a 'little bit' of water in the bottom of the crockpot. (Just to keep the ribs from sticking to the bottom as they first heat up in the sauce - maybe a 1/4 inch of water.)
Pile in the ribs.
Cover all with BBQ and sprinkle in some dried onion flakes if you like.
Turn it on low and cook it for 8-10 hours.

When you get home and pull those ribs out they will be falling apart tender - with BBQ flavor all the way through. You can serve them in big pieces OR shred them for use on a bun as a sandwich.

YUMMY and easy!

I have put frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts in my crockpot and added a jar of salsa. I let it cook until the chicken fell apart and then we used this to make burritos with. It was delicious. We filled it with the usual stuff. Simple and easy. Right down my alley. Good Luck.

I would like to know what cuts of beef roast do you all buy? Mine all seem to turn out stringy. I want some nice tender pieces of meat!

Has anyone ever used aluminum foil in their crockpot to support a pc of meat or for any other reason. On one of the sites (and I can't remember which one) someone talked about how to use foil in the crockpot to help with draining grease as it cook and how to make clean up easier...anyone ever heard of this?

Has anyone ever used aluminum foil in their crockpot to support a pc of meat or for any other reason. On one of the sites (and I can't remember which one) someone talked about how to use foil in the crockpot to help with draining grease as it cook and how to make clean up easier...anyone ever heard of this?

I've always heard to use carrots under the meat to let the fat drain. It add flavor too, and you don't have to worry about aluminum asorbing into your food.

My sister and I make these Enchiladas quite often. Our families love them!

1lb. Hamburger
1cp chopped onion
1/2 cp. green pepper
1-16oz.can kidney beans (rinse and drain)
1-16oz.can black beans (rinse and drain)
1-10oz. can diced tomatoes and chilies (found with enchilada sauce, etc.)
1/3 cp. water
1 tsp.chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cps Mexican blend cheese
6 small (6-7 in) flour tortillas

Brown beef, onion, and green pepper in large pan-drain. Add next 8 ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min.

Layer meat, cheese (1/4 cp), and tortilla until all is used or crock pot is full.

Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours (until heated through).

Can serve with enchilada sauce. We also like to have Spanish rice as a side dish!

Enjoy!

Thanks to this post, I went and bought a crock pot and have been actually using it. :D It's been working out great. :D :D I'm wondering if you can recommend some more recipes to try. The sticky chicken came out great! I also made corned beef and cabbage, stew, ribs and a couple of others.

I'm a little scared to try the one with 4 cheese chicken, the cottage cheese through me off - :confused: does anyone know if these cheeses makes a creamy sauce?

The links posted are a little overwhelming and I'm hoping for a few more recommendations. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My large crock pot recently went kablooie. I was bummed. I bought a piece of pork to make pulled pork with and discovered that it was too big to fit in my other pot. I actually had to cook it in the oven. Finally replaced the large oval crockpot. Now I have to use it.

I have literally the easiest pot roast recipe ever (found it online ages ago, but I don't remember where). Sooooo easy, and sooooo yummy:

Three ingredient pot roast
Empty a packet of dry onion soup mix into bottom of crockpot. Trim excess fat from roast and place roast in crockpot. Spoon a can of jellied (not whole berry) cranberry sauce over the roast.

Cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove roast from crockpot and cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, turn heat on crockpot to high. Stir a bit of flour into some water or milk to dissolve, then pour into sauce in the crockpot to thicken. Stir, then cover and let it heat on high for about 15 minutes to thicken.

Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes. You'll have lots of gravy, and you'll want something besides just the meat to pour the gravy on, it's so good!

(And don't worry, it does not come out tasting like cranberries -- if you didn't know there was cranberry sauce in it, you wouldn't ever guess.)

Precious: I've used foil with baked potatoes in the crock pot. My family doesn't like the potatoes to get mixed with the meat so that's worked well.
As far as cleaning, An hour soak in warm water with detergent is all it takes for my crock pot. Am wondering if a quick spray with Pam wouldn't take care of some of the clean up as well.....I'll have to try that next time.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

As far as roast's basting liquid, I buy the cheapest burgundy or merlot wine and use a cup/half of that in the bottom. Or if I'm in a pinch, a can of Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, or generic cola works just as well.
Tasty!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

When I make the spaghetti with meatballs I just do it as I normally would on the stove and it comes out great every time!

I pretty much do the same with Beef stroghanoff.
beef cubes, mushrooms,1 can golden mushroom soup, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1 can of beef broth french onion style. I let it cook for 8 hrs and the meat is very tender and then at the end I add the sour cream and we eat it over rice or noodles.

For roasts I put the roast in the bottem and then sprinkle the onion soup mix over it poke the meat a few times with the fork, add a can of beef broth or water, potatoes and then cook for 8 hrs. (they also sell these wire racks that you can put in the bottom of your crock pot for roasts and such. http://stores.rivalproducts.com/b2crival/b2c/mainFS.jsp) I discovered this when I had to order a new stoneware crock for my crockpot. I broke mine.

I also do pork roasts, put the roast in the bottom and cover in sauerkraut add a little water and cook for 8 hrs. Very tender roast.

stuffed green pepperes. cut tops off peppers and clean out. fill with meat stuffing of ground meat, rice, egg,onion and garlic. cover in tomato sauce and cook for 8 hrs.

The above recipe with the meat rolled in cabbage leaves is great too!

I have cooked chicken breasts in teriyaki sauce too. They turned out excellent. Very tender. Boneless, skinless breasts, placed in bottom, cover with soy sauce(I use low sodium), honey, onion, 2 tbls brown sugar, water, dash of lemon juice, and cook for 6 hrs.

I have also done swedish meatballs and cocktail meatballs.

Meatloaf, ground meat,pork and veal, egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, basil mixed together to form small loaves. place in bottom of crock, cover with tomato soup and 2 tbls brown sugar. cook for 8 hrs. Very simple, yet tasty.

Orange chicken is another one. Boneless, skinless chicken cooked in orange juice. Add some onion and you are done after it cooks for 6 hrs.

Thanks for starting this thread. This is how I cook pork chops so they are very moist.

Pork Chop Dinner

6 to 8 medium carrots (1 pound), coarsely chopped or baby carrots
3 to 4 medium potatoes, cubed
4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
1 large onion, sliced
1 envelope onion soup mix or beefy mushroom soup mix
2 cans (10 ¾ ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

Place carrots and potatoes in a slow cooker. Top with the pork chops, onion, soup mix and soup. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings

RumpleMom-Could I use the cream of celery instead of mushroom, do you think? It sounds wonderful, I think I'll be having that for dinner next week.

Sure you can use any cream soup instead of mushroom soup.

I changed the dry soup to beefy mushroom soup because DD doesn't like onions.

I just started boneless chicken breasts and half a jar of salsa in the crockpot. Yummy! Kind of makes me feel like I haven't even cooked ;)

Here is one I haven't seen posted yet:

Crockpot Pork Roast
--------------------------

Pork Roast
1 Can Whole Cranberry Sauce
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Yellow Mustard

Cook in crockpot 8 hours on low. Yum Yum!!

I love doing roasts, soup and my very favorite is Molasses Baked Beans. Oh I'm so hungry!!

Thanks for all the recipes!

This is a great thread thank you! I can see that I'm not alone in the crockpot addiction.

Here's my favorite- it is so yummy!!!!

6 pork chops

3 tbsp flour

1 1/2 tsp oregano

1 1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder

2 tbsp veg oil

1 15 1/2 oz. can pineapple chunks in their own juice

1 6 oz. can pineapple juice

1/4cup water

2 tbsp brown sugar

2 tbsp chopped onion

2 tbsp tomato paste

1/4 cup raisins

Mix four, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Rub on both sides of the chops and brown in the oil on a skillet then transfer to the crockpot.

drain pineapple juice and set aside chunks. In a small bowl mix together 3/4 cup pineapple juice, water, brown sugar, onion, and tomato passte. Pour mixture into slow cooker, sprinkle rasins on top.

cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours.

Stir in pineapple chunksinto mixture and cook on high for an additional 10 minutes.

ENJOY!!!!!

If it seems difficult it's not. It is one of the easiest dishes I make. I must admit though that I never measure anything. A dash of this and a sprinkle of that. I t always comes out great.

I usually serve this with rice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter