Crock pot crazy

pas2...

Which crock pot is it that you are waiting for? I don't have a crock pot, was wondering what is a good one?

How did you make your Beef Stroganoff in the crock pot? I have to have good instructions, because I am a BAD cook! ;)

CROCKPOT ROAST STICKY CHICKEN

4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup chopped onion

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well
and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice
mixture into the
chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a
resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate
overnight.

When ready to cook chicken put the onions into the cavity, put the bird into the crockpot and do not
add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will
produce it's
own juices. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone tender.

I just wanted to pop on and say I tried your sticky chicken,Pumba, a while back and it was great! Thanks!

disneyfan551, I put some Beef Stew meat, Golden Mushroom soup, and a soup can of water in the crockpot on Low for 8 hours. When its time to eat, I boil some Extra Wide Noodles, drain, add sour cream, then mix the noodles w/ the meat & gravy mixture in the crockpot. It is super easy and tastes really good.

I am making a chicken dish tomorrow actually, I found a new spice packet in the spice aisle that is called Crockery Gourmet, they have one for chicken with veggies, one for pork and one for beef. I have the chicken one, that im putting together tonight to make tomorrow while im at work.
I have made Corned beef and cabbage which my DH says is the best he has ever had (probably because there is a can of beer involved in the cooking)
I have made beef stroganoff, and beef stew as well as pot roast.

I love everything that has come out of my crock pot thus far, but some of your recipes sound great!!
I will have to try them!

Originally posted by annemariec
Right now I have the crockpot on low with some water and dish detergent. It really helps to loosen up the cooked on stuff. I keep it on for about half and hour or so and turn it off. Clean up is a breeze that way.

Annemarie

That is a great tip Annemarie, I usually try to rinse the pot before I eat, doing this I could eat while it is still hot....LOL

Glad you guys like the cleaning tip!

One night I was using some elbow grease on the crock a light bulb went on. I just knew there was an easier way. :D

By the way, Pumba --- I'm going to try your Roast Sticky Chicken soon. Sounds good. Thanks for sharing it! I have to remember to buy a whole chicken! (I usually get a large bag of boneless, skinnless chicken breasts and it lasts a good while).

Annemarie

I would love your recipes for the cornbeef & beefstew... Can you pass them on to us? ;)

Thanks!

Originally posted by disneyfan551
I would love your recipes for the cornbeef & beefstew... Can you pass them on to us? ;)

Thanks!

Why of course I can! I have them at home (im at work not working right now) I will post them tomorrow!

Here is the Corned beef and Cabbage recipe, I thought i had the beef stew one on me and surprise I didn't, I will have to post that one tomorrow!

1 (2 - 2 1/2 LB) Corned beef with seasoning packet
4 Med Carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 Med Red Potato's, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Med Carrot, cut into wedges
1 (12 ounce) can of beer
Water
8 thin wedges of Cabbage

1) In slow cooker combine all veggies. Top with Corned beef, sprinkle with seasoning. Add Beer and enough water to just cover brisket.

2) Cover; cook on low for 10 to 12 hours

3) Remove brisket and cover with foil.
Add Cabbage wedges to veggies and broth
Cover, cook on high for an additional 30 to 35 mins or until crisp - tender.

4) To Serve, cut corned beef across the grain into thin slices. Remove veggies with slottled spoon. Serve juices with corned beef and veggies.

We also enjoy using some corned beef the next morning for a corned beef and cheese omelet (my DH specialty)

Enjoy!

Just tried this one, easy and good.

Spare Ribs
Sliced Onion
Barbeque Sauce

Place all in crock and cook on low for at least 6 hours. Yummy!

I did this by the seat of my pants, and it came out fine, so I didn't put exact measurements here. Made my own barbeque sauce using equal measures of: Worcestershire, soy sauce, honey, ketchup, and Dijon mustard. It's something I've used for years and my family really like it. I'd never used it in the crockpot before, but I will again!

I have used my crockpot every night this week (except Tues--we had fajitas :) I love putting dinner on in the morning and not worrying about it until time to eat! I made a slow cooker recipe file on my computer, and every time someone posts a new recipe, I add it. Keep them coming, and I'll be able to use my crock pot all winter!!

Candi

We had this one tonight. You can change the veggies around if there is something you would rather have. If you want to shorten the cooking time, you could put the onions and celery in with the hamburger when you brown it.

Hamburger Vegetable Soup

1 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
2 onions, chopped
4 celery ribs, chopped
4 potatoes, cubed
2 cans corn, drained
2 cans tomato soup (or 1 family size can)
water
seasoning to taste

Put the onions, celery, potatoes, beef, corn and soup in the crockpot. Fill the soup can(s) with water and pour over the top. Stir gently. Cook on low about 6-8 hours, or on high 4-6 hours. Season to taste. Sooooo easy!

Just wanted to say that I tried pumba's 'sticky chicken' recipe (on page 2) and it was the best chicken I've ever had in a crockpot. Extremely moist and the spices were awesome. Thanks for sharing, pumba!

It turned out really well! It disappeared at the table. :D
I was playing around with some Progresso soup. It didn't have very much substance, but the cheese flavor was good. It's pretty chilly here and with warm rolls it hit the spot!

Chicken, Potato, Broccoli & Cheese Soup

1 can Progresso Potato, Broccoli & Cheese Soup
1 can sliced potatoes
1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
1/3 onion diced
1 (approx.) cup mixed veggies (frozen or canned)
1/2 cup sour cream

Pour the can of Progresso Potato, Broccoli & Cheese Soup in the crock pot. Set the temp to warm. Add can of sliced potatoes, 1 cup of mixed veggies and the diced onion.

I poached the chicken. You guys probably know how to do it, but it was my first time. I read about it somewhere on the internet. The blurb stated poaching the chicken keeps it moist and juicy. It did make a moister chicken for me. Anyway for those that haven't done it --- here's how: (I used breasts), you bring the water to a rolling boil. Add the chicken and boil for 5 min. ( I did it about 10 min.), then turn the burner off, take the pot off the stove and cover it for 15 minutes! That's it! (or you could use the George Foreman for this recipe...)

Dice the chicken add to the soup. Season with salt and pepper. Re-set the temp for high for 2-3 hours (to cook the onions), or keep temp on low for 5-6 hours. Depends on when you need it. Turn the temp down to warm awhile before serving. Add the sour cream and stir until blended just before serving. (I learned about the sour cream on this thread. ;) ) Serves about 4.

Thought someone might like to try it. :D

Annemarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter