• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could the Dream Turn the Grump into a Believer? Charleston Update 10/13

gotta love a movie theater that you can bring your wine into! That is awesome...course I would have fallen asleep to if I drank wine in a movie theater! LOL!

Michelle, that is a great picture of you and your family!

The villian show looks amazing. I don't know what it is but after reading three of the Kingdom Keeper books Maleficient gives me the creeps now. Maybe my inner self thinks she really does come to life at night! :eek: Good golly, Tom would have me committed if he knew I posted that! He thinks I am obsessed with Disney enough the way it is. :rotfl2:

Never had escargot. I have to ask, did it taste slimy? I may have to give it a try.

How cool that you got to see pirates on the ship! Too funny that Don went to sleep!

Michelle - Great pictures of you and the family. Do they cruises run pictures like Photopass and can you pre-order CDs beforehand?

Anyhooo.....Villians! I LOVE :lovestruc Disney Villians! And there were such a slew of them! :yay:

Thanks for sharing.

princess::upsidedow

ps. I will say that Don looks like he had fun! He's smiling in every single shot I've seen of him. Crinkley eye smile too. :thumbsup2

You sound like you had some amazing waiters (minus the missing drink). I love that he made everyone pose with the "mickey ears" and the mickey bar. And the food looks amazing! Seriously, you make me want to go on a Disney cruise every time you update! If only we didn't have some serious motion sickness issues in this household.

Great lighthouse pictures! So pretty. I feel like you could just frame them!

You also got some great family shots. Love the color coordinating shirts with the boys.

Well, here I am reading without pictures again :headache:, but your evening still sounds fabulous. What a wonderful fun and full day you had. Dinner sounds amazing. Looking forward to seeing your family pic!

Oh - yeah - and you HAD to rub it in about that one month thing, didn't you?????:rotfl:

Wonderful update! I'm so sorry you didn't get your drink. I used to be a waitress and was mortified when I forgot something, so I always remind my servers if they forget something.

Thanks for the suggestion of not boarding last minute :) That's actually exactly what we were planning to do after Atlantis, wanted to squeeze every single second out of the day :)

I would have reminded poor Petar about the drink, but he just seemed so nervous that he was going to make a mistake, that I couldn't bring myself to do it.

As long as you don't mind standing in a hot building like this :crowded: then you can wait until later to board :thumbsup2

Your waiters sound hysterical!! Your food looks so delicious, too!

Our waiters were definitely interesting! :laughing:

gotta love a movie theater that you can bring your wine into! That is awesome...course I would have fallen asleep to if I drank wine in a movie theater! LOL!

Yep, Don was pretty happy that he could grab a wine glass and take his whole bottle of wine with him. An over abundance of wine in a dark theater is not a good combo though :lmao:

Michelle, that is a great picture of you and your family!

The villian show looks amazing. I don't know what it is but after reading three of the Kingdom Keeper books Maleficient gives me the creeps now. Maybe my inner self thinks she really does come to life at night! :eek: Good golly, Tom would have me committed if he knew I posted that! He thinks I am obsessed with Disney enough the way it is. :rotfl2:

Never had escargot. I have to ask, did it taste slimy? I may have to give it a try.

How cool that you got to see pirates on the ship! Too funny that Don went to sleep!

Maleficient creeps me out now too! Silly children's books :rolleyes:

Nope the escargot was not slimy at all, I couldn't have eaten it if it was. A cruise is a great place to try something new because if you don't like it you can just ask for something else, it's all included :thumbsup2

Michelle - Great pictures of you and the family. Do they cruises run pictures like Photopass and can you pre-order CDs beforehand?

Anyhooo.....Villians! I LOVE :lovestruc Disney Villians! And there were such a slew of them! :yay:

Thanks for sharing.

princess::upsidedow

ps. I will say that Don looks like he had fun! He's smiling in every single shot I've seen of him. Crinkley eye smile too. :thumbsup2

You can buy picture packages before you cruise, I'm not sure if there is much (or any) of a discount though. The CD is much more expensive than a photopass CD, around $250.

Villains Tonight is the only show dedicated solely to the Disney villians - you'll have to cruise to see it. Do it Sharon, do it!! :laughing:

Great update. :)

Thanks! :flower3:

You sound like you had some amazing waiters (minus the missing drink). I love that he made everyone pose with the "mickey ears" and the mickey bar. And the food looks amazing! Seriously, you make me want to go on a Disney cruise every time you update! If only we didn't have some serious motion sickness issues in this household.

Great lighthouse pictures! So pretty. I feel like you could just frame them!

You also got some great family shots. Love the color coordinating shirts with the boys.

It was awesome Ann, I'm telling you, you would love it!

The lighthouse pictures might have been some of my favorite from the whole trip!

Their shirts look like they are coordinated in that photo, but they actually clashed - Justin's was red and Jared's was hot pink!

Well, here I am reading without pictures again :headache:, but your evening still sounds fabulous. What a wonderful fun and full day you had. Dinner sounds amazing. Looking forward to seeing your family pic!

Oh - yeah - and you HAD to rub it in about that one month thing, didn't you?????:rotfl:

You gotta stop DISing at work ME! :lmao:

You are only about a month away from a trip yourself though! Which reminds me........I still need to get those Charleston pictures up for you!

First, I love the family picture -- that is a great one. :thumbsup2

What is it with you and your drinks? I'm not a wine drinker either, so if we do the cruise they better serve me my drink. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Dinner looks absolutely yummy, and your server looks like he was great fun.

I thought your pictures of the Villians show turned out really good.

Okay so two nights in a row and you didn't get your drink? Gee that will NOT be happening on our trip, let me tell you!!!! LOL!!! :rotfl2:

Fun evening it sounds like! Your "Hades" was great! We saw him in February, we had a different CM in June. He was not the same guy, the Hades you had was much better, just more natural in the role, I thought, very very funny as Hades and the Genie!!!!

So glad you enjoyed the movie, LOL about Don though!!! That wine will do it to you everytime!

Great photos of you all! And of you as a couple. I didn't get the CD, we don't take many photos to justify it, and so then i just take ghetto photos to put up on my TR !!!! LOL :rotfl2:

GETTING REALLY excited for our trip!!! Just think FOUR weeks!!!!! :yay:

OMG - funny pictures with the Mickey plate heads.

Love your necklace - I have one very similar.

Great family picture and of you and the "grump". :rotfl: Sorry, couldn't resist!

The food looks delish, too!!!!

Oh - and the show - very cool!

IMG_6585.jpg

Beautiful lighthouse pictures! And Blue Lagoon looks so pretty. I cannot wait to see those turquoise waters!

:laughing: That's cute that he made you all into Mickey!

And hilarious about Don drinking the bottle of win in the theater and falling asleep! Dark theater, cushy seats, alcohol...yep, I can see why! :goodvibes

All your food looked and sounded delicious! (ok, except for the escargot :rolleyes1 )

I have read lots of comments that the Villians show is just ok. Do you think it is worth seeing or do you wish you would have just done something else? I'm debating skipping it??? :confused3

Great family pictures! I like the one of you and DH, the posed family shot and the Mickey head plate pics are really cute too!

As long as you don't mind standing in a hot building like this :crowded: then you can wait until later to board :thumbsup2

That gave me such a chuckle :) No, I definitely appreciate the advice, that was something I didn't even consider. Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!!!

what a great update!

I would be a little mad if I didn't get my drink 2 nights in a row! did you say anything to them!!

and yes, what does escargot taste like?? :confused3 I don't know if I want to try it. :lmao:

your boys are too cute and you guys all take such a nice family photo together!

and okay, seriously... the size of your dinner! :lmao::lmao: what the heck is that! its like one bite!! did you order more, that would not fill me up! :rotfl:

Marc and I are sitting here laughing about the magic trick! :rotfl2: OMG that was such a highlight of the trip. Those two guys were such goof balls!!! I do understand why you didn't mention the drink to Petar, he might have started crying...:confused3

Thinking back on that movie. I do believe that was the night that Baylor fell in love with a mermaid....:love:

I'm not a wine drinker either, so if we do the cruise they better serve me my drink. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am not a wine drinker either. I would have had to find a way to get my drink. If Petar was sensitive about making a mistake I probably wuold have suffered in silence too. :laughing:

I like your lighthouse pictures. The family pictures came out great and I am glad you liked the show even if Don fell asleep during the show.

No drink again??? So not fair! You need a do-over. ;)

Love the pictures of all of you with the Mickey bar! Too funny! And the story of the magic trick! Oh my! :lmao:

Yeay for getting to see the new Pirates movie!!! Okay, I am glad to know that Charles isn't the only one who falls asleep in movie theaters from time to time! :laughing:

First, I love the family picture -- that is a great one. :thumbsup2

What is it with you and your drinks? I'm not a wine drinker either, so if we do the cruise they better serve me my drink. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Dinner looks absolutely yummy, and your server looks like he was great fun.

I thought your pictures of the Villians show turned out really good.

I was starting to wonder if Petar just didn't like me when I didn't get my drink that night either! :laughing:

Our servers were a mess!

Okay so two nights in a row and you didn't get your drink? Gee that will NOT be happening on our trip, let me tell you!!!! LOL!!! :rotfl2:

Fun evening it sounds like! Your "Hades" was great! We saw him in February, we had a different CM in June. He was not the same guy, the Hades you had was much better, just more natural in the role, I thought, very very funny as Hades and the Genie!!!!

So glad you enjoyed the movie, LOL about Don though!!! That wine will do it to you everytime!

Great photos of you all! And of you as a couple. I didn't get the CD, we don't take many photos to justify it, and so then i just take ghetto photos to put up on my TR !!!! LOL :rotfl2:

GETTING REALLY excited for our trip!!! Just think FOUR weeks!!!!! :yay:

Yes, two nights in a row and no drink! I'm planning on starting our trip off right with a cocktail by the pool (hope the weather cooperates) and later with a belini while watching Illuminations :thumbsup2

Yes, the guy playing Hades was great! I can certainly see how that person's performance could either make or break the show.

Yeah, Don and falling asleep in the theater :laughing: When I picked up his bottle of wine after the movie, it was empty and he had had almost a half a bottle left from the night before, so he had finished off a bottle and a half that night - no wonder he fell alseep!

I didn't buy the photo CD either, but I now wish I would have. It was really hard to narrow down what pictures I wanted to buy.

OMG - funny pictures with the Mickey plate heads.

Love your necklace - I have one very similar.

Great family picture and of you and the "grump". :rotfl: Sorry, couldn't resist!

The food looks delish, too!!!!

Oh - and the show - very cool!

Mario was hillarious turning us all into Mickey's with the plates :laughing:

I had to go back and see what necklace I had on - it's actually two that I layered. It's one of my favorites!

The Grump actually wasn't too grumpy on this trip :thumbsup2

Beautiful lighthouse pictures! And Blue Lagoon looks so pretty. I cannot wait to see those turquoise waters!

:laughing: That's cute that he made you all into Mickey!

And hilarious about Don drinking the bottle of win in the theater and falling asleep! Dark theater, cushy seats, alcohol...yep, I can see why! :goodvibes

I loved the lighthouse pictures! I'm thinking about picking out a few of my favorites and having them framed.

Mario turning all of us into Mickey made me think of you, when you did that to Henry :laughing:

Yep, I see why he fell asleep too! I asked him what the last part of the movie he remembered was and I think he missed about the last third of it!

All your food looked and sounded delicious! (ok, except for the escargot :rolleyes1 )

I have read lots of comments that the Villians show is just ok. Do you think it is worth seeing or do you wish you would have just done something else? I'm debating skipping it??? :confused3

Great family pictures! I like the one of you and DH, the posed family shot and the Mickey head plate pics are really cute too!

The escargot was really good, it surprised me! Like I said before, a cruise is a perfect time to try new foods, if you don't like something you can just order something else and it doesn't cost you anymore. :thumbsup2

We all really enjoyed the Villians show. I didn't want to skip any of the shows, regardless of what I had read about them prior to going. Tastes for things like that are so subjective, I just like to try them for myself.

That gave me such a chuckle :) No, I definitely appreciate the advice, that was something I didn't even consider. Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!!!

;)

Hope you have a great weekend too! I'm trying to throw something together last minute for Jared's birthday.....

what a great update!

I would be a little mad if I didn't get my drink 2 nights in a row! did you say anything to them!!

and yes, what does escargot taste like?? :confused3 I don't know if I want to try it. :lmao:

your boys are too cute and you guys all take such a nice family photo together!

and okay, seriously... the size of your dinner! :lmao::lmao: what the heck is that! its like one bite!! did you order more, that would not fill me up! :rotfl:

I was a little irritated that I didn't get my drink again, but no, I didn't say anything - Petar was so obviously afraid of making a mistake, that I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I don't know if I can even describe what escargot tastes like - it was soaked in butter and garlic, so that is mostly what I tasted :laughing: Really though, I can't think of anything that it really reminded me of :confused3

:laughing: You are right, the entree portions are not very big, but between the appy, the salad, the entree and the dessert, it was enough. You can certainly order more though, I'm pretty sure this was the night that Marc had both the steak and the bison. You did notice that I was able to eat popcorn in the movie right after dinner though - normally there would be no way I could eat popcorn right after a meal!

Marc and I are sitting here laughing about the magic trick! :rotfl2: OMG that was such a highlight of the trip. Those two guys were such goof balls!!! I do understand why you didn't mention the drink to Petar, he might have started crying...:confused3

I know, right? Poor thing, he was such a nervous nelly!

That magic trick was so funny, I can still see Petar running like a duck to get behind that serving station before Mario dropped the tablecloth :lmao:

Thinking back on that movie. I do believe that was the night that Baylor fell in love with a mermaid....:love:

Yes, yes it was :thumbsup2

I am not a wine drinker either. I would have had to find a way to get my drink. If Petar was sensitive about making a mistake I probably wuold have suffered in silence too. :laughing:

I like your lighthouse pictures. The family pictures came out great and I am glad you liked the show even if Don fell asleep during the show.

Like Anita said, we were afraid that he might start crying if I pointed it out, he was that nervous!

I loved the movie, and would NEVER fall asleep while Captain Jack Sparrow was on the big screen :love: guess he doesn't have the same effect on Don as he does on me :laughing:

No drink again??? So not fair! You need a do-over. ;)

Love the pictures of all of you with the Mickey bar! Too funny! And the story of the magic trick! Oh my! :lmao:

Yeay for getting to see the new Pirates movie!!! Okay, I am glad to know that Charles isn't the only one who falls asleep in movie theaters from time to time! :laughing:

Yes, yes, I need a do-over! :thumbsup2 There is an absolutely fabulous training offer for a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise with a one night stay at DL out for TAs right now. I almost jumped at it, but it's right after I get back from WDW next month and I just can't ask Don to make sure his schedule keeps him in town that long.

Don doesn't normally fall asleep in the movie theater, I guess a bottle and a half of wine was just too much to keep him awake :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter