Could the Dream Turn the Grump into a Believer? Charleston Update 10/13

Hello! Just caught up and can I tell you how much I love your report!!!!
Your pictures of the AKL are beautiful!! We walked around there last year when we ate at Boma. Such a beautiful resort. And I so agree, once you go deluxe it's hard to go back. We stayed at the Poly last year and I was hooked!!!:cloud9:

I've got more AKL pics coming up in the next update. I may even get that done this afternoon. :thumbsup2

I really want to stay at the Poly too, I just love it there, so tropical and relaxing!

Soooooo jealous of your girls only trip!!! I need to get in on one of those. I'm going to an agent conference in November and I am so super excited to be able to explore Disney on my terms!!! And then in January with my hubby, Aunt and some friends from HS to run the marathon. So I will get some adult only time. I do love taking the boys, but I like it as a "big" kid too!! ;):lmao:

I am super excited about the girls trip, I think we may just need to make this an annual thing! I do want to take the boys again soon though, they haven't been since December of 2009, much too long ago!

Love the idea of getting a pin from each resort. I may have to steal that idea!!

My little one is so in love with the test track pin. He wants to know if the speed lever moves? They got a neat one with Mickey playing the guitar and it slides and they love that one!!

Once we started collecting pins, I just thought the resort ones would be a good souviner. I'll be expanding that collection in October by at least 1, but maybe by 2 or 3 :laughing:

I had to check on the TT pin, and yes, it does move!

Loved your last two updates! I love AK and I am so glad everyone had fun shopping and swimming. What a lovely way to spend your pre cruise time. Doesn't get any better than that. Your pin choices are awesome. What a great idea - get pins from all the resorts you've stayed in. Love that idea.

Your boys are so handsome. Their pool pictures turned out great!

I really did fall in love with AKL, hopefully I'll get some good pin codes in the future so that I can stay there again!

Thanks, I think they're pretty cute, but I'm biased ;)

I'm FINALLY caught up, Michelle!!! I was way back on page 12! Whoops! :sad2:

Your niece is adorable!!! Do you have a Target near you? I saw the sweetest Minnie outfits today for little girls!!! They had a few tops with bows & flowers on them and the CUTEST dress!!!!

Yep, we have one not far away and a new one that is really close that should be opening any day now. Baylee has so many clothes though, I'm really trying to keep from buying her more. I'm afraid she'd outgrow them before she got a chance to wear them!

I loved your niece's cake! It was too cute with the matching cupcakes & little cake for her! I can't believe your SIL ordered it 2 months in advance & it was almost not enough time to make it!!! Wow!!! Loved all the birthday pics!!!

We don't have just a whole lot of bakeries around here that can do the kind of work this lady does so I guess she stays pretty booked up!

Your AKL pictures are making me miss it sooooo much! I am in love with that resort!!! Those rocking chairs are amazing!!! Luke & I sat in them & just relaxed for awhile back in 2009. It was just so peaceful out there! I was jealous when you said you got a dresser in your room!!! :laughing: We only had 2 drawers on the bottom of the tv stand to put all of our stuff in. We managed to make it fit, but we had stuff thrown all over the bottom of the closet & on top of the tv stand. For a deluxe resort, I was just counting on more storage. I think we actually had more drawers at CBR which was odd to me.

I really loved seeing all the pics of inside & outside at AKL! It brought back so many wonderful memories -- so thank you for sharing!!! :goodvibes

The dresser was in a little alcove right inside the door, kind of away from everything else. We didn't even use it since we were only there for 2 nights, but I know it would come in handy on a long trip! I can't believe you guys only had the 2 drawers on the TV stand - we had more storage than that on the cruise ship!

Moving on to my favorite shopping place -- Downtown Disney!!! I loved all of your pins and ornaments! I just started collecting Disney ornaments last year. I bought a couple on our Disney trip last summer and then a few more after they went on clearance on the website after the holidays. I also think its a great idea to collect the pins from the resorts you have stayed at -- especially considering that they don't make resort-exclusive merchandise anymore. I'm thinking the pins are probably the only way you could collect something from each resort now.

I have that cookbook -- but I haven't made anything from it yet :rolleyes:

I love the mug with Walt & Mickey! I always look at the coffee mugs because I am a huge coffee drinker!!! I've never seen one with Walt on it before -- did you find it at World of Disney? I didn't even look at their mugs last summer (or at most things in the entire store!) because it was just too crowded in there.

Great 40th anniversary purchases!!! I bought the 40th Mickey ears off the Disney Store website and also the gray 40th tshirt with the vintage MK logo. I can't wait to see all the merchandise they have at the parks for the 40th!!!

I MUST stop by the Basin this trip! Can you believe I've never been??? That was a great gift idea for your mom! I always get my mom something too because she watches our house & dogs for us.

Yep, I did get the Walt & Mickey mug at WoD. They have so much stuff in there, it can be overwhelming, especially with the crowds. Try and go to DTD in the morning, it's a much more enjoyable experience!

There is a Basin inside the GF too, you HAVE to check it out!

I also just noticed your new ticker!!! Woohoo!!!! How exciting!!! I can't think of anything better than a trip with DISers, F&W and MNSSHP!!! What else do you girls have planned??? Can't wait to hear all about it! Are you guys doing a joint PTR or separate ones?

Anita and Jen have made several ADRs and they added HD & I to them, not sure how many we'll go to though, we want to save room in our bellies for F&W food! :laughing: Definitely doing Cali Grill and Blue Zoo though, I can't wait to try those!

If we can work it out we may do the F&W dessert party with VIP seating for Illuminations, it's only offered on our arrival day though so I'm not sure we'll get in early enough, we'll see!

No PTRs going that I know of, we've all got TRs in progress and I'm not sure we can keep up with both! :laughing: It would be a good place for us to organize our ideas......hmmmmmm

Wow, you got some nice goodies! You had me cracking up over the sports equipment though.... that's so typical! :lmao:

If I see a pic of that cookbook one more time I think I am going to cave! I really do want it, but I know I don't need it! Christmas ornaments are my favorite souvenir though. I love the ones you picked out!

I try not to be a nag about the money he spends on sporting goods, you know, since I like purses and shoes so much....... :rolleyes1

The cookbooks are just so cute! I need to actually open it up and cook something out of it though instead of just looking at it :laughing:

It's too bad you girls are not going up the week before the swan and dolphin hotels started a wine and food classic last year that was awesome in the courtyard between the two hotels. They are going to do it again this year on oct 7 & 8th. Ps great trip report so far I have been lurking but have not posted yet. We sail out on our first ever cruise on the 29th and have gotten so much info from everyone.

Oh that sounds like fun! Too bad we are going to miss it!

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom! I'm sorry I haven't gotten you any cruise info yet, I should at least be on the ship before you leave...

Great shopping, Michelle! Love the pins and the christmas decorations and the basin and the food.....EoS is one of my favourite places to hit at DTD.

I'm usually rushing through DTD because we want to cram as much park time in. I think next time, I'm going to have to allocate a day of shopping and do nothing.

I think I've been enough now that I hope I can cut back on being the park commando. There is a lot to be said for slowing down and taking in everything else :thumbsup2

OH I cannot wait to hear about the shopping!! :rotfl: YOU get going on those photos woman! Get on the boat already!!??!! :lmao: I am so excited to see your pictures!!! You undoubtedly did a far better job than I taking pictures on your trip... :sad2: I was really noticing that I hadn't taken as many as I thought.. I wish I realized that at the time... too much back and forth with my cameras, and then forgetting to pull one out, etc.. I need to get more comfortable asking strangers to take pictures of me and my family!! I don't have hardly any of us... BUT I make up for picture taking at Vero for sure. Anyhow, I will have to borrow a few of yours if I don't have enough from the ship!! I took more of a "tour" with photos on my February dream cruise, with DH, to be honest. I think because I wasn't having to run after my two boys!! :laughing:

I would have to say that is POSSIBLY the only D & B bag I would consider getting... I really really love my cruise wristlet, but that black and white pattern is TOO cute. AND can I say if I were on the cruise with the queen shopper, yep, I'd be buying more too!!! LOL!!! We have another cruise in November, there were a few things I wanted that I didn't grab, so don't worry I will be gearing up!!!!

YES! You put yours on your strap, too! How funny :) It is a cute pin, isn't it??!! :)

I know! I know! I'll get my last WDW update done today so that we can get on the ship already :laughing: When we were on the ship I felt like I was taking a lot of pictures, but when I actually got home and looked at them, I didn't have nearly as many as I had thought. I really wish I had taken more. I think I was looking and absorbing more than taking pictures. I can't wait to see yours and Anita's pics from Vero!

We might all be coming home with that new Dooney! I'll be on the hunt for it that's for sure!

Oh! regarding the dessert showing, there is a flight that leaves at 12:35, gets to MCO around 2:40 or so... it is a little earlier than I wanted to leave, but the next one is at 6pm.. this is out of one airport, the other airport has a good afternoon timeslot, but not good on the way home... so I have to still sort that out... may end up getting two one ways, two different airlines, because I can make a better fit... we'll see... still looking... :surfweb:

Don't try and duck out of work too early for my sake, unless of course, you just want to :rolleyes1

Yay for time at Downtown Disney! :dance3:

I agree that they need separate POR/POFQ pins. I have several of the ones you showed. They do bring happiness.

You know Marc is going to do a flowerpot fountain for Anita, right?
It's really just a practice run for when he comes and does mine. :thumbsup2
When he's finished, I'll send him to your house. :goodvibes

Sandwiches with Earl - yummmmmmmy!

Jill gets some Basin for the girls's teachers quite often.
Who wouldn't be happy with a sweet smelling, and usually very cute, gift from there? :)

I wonder why they don't have separate POR/POFQ pins, the themeing is really quite different!

You know, I'm actually closer to Marc than you are, maybe he needs to finish Anita's and then run down here and get in a bit more practice in my backyard before he heads east ;)

That's a good idea to get Basin for the girls teachers! Maybe I'll get some in October and put it up for Christmas - that is if I can leave it alone and not use it myself :laughing:

Quite a nice haul from your day of shopping! I sooooo cannot go in Basin without filling a tube full of bath bombs for stressful days!

It was really hard to buy anything for myself in Basin. I just felt like I had already spent enough and I knew more $$ was going to spent shopping on the cruise!

Great shopping morning/afternoon, Michelle. We have that Dumbo ornament (surprise, surprise with the Dumbo lover in my house). I love the 40th anniversary ornament and pins too.

I want what you bought your Mom. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pics of the EOS food; we are going for the first time ever in September.

I am totally shocked that you have that Dumbo ornament ;)

You are going to love EoS, it's really good :thumbsup2

Oh great, now I want that purse too!!!
It was at......
Oh never mind, I'm not telling.:rolleyes1

WHAT?? No way can you keep that a secret missy! Spill it sister! :lmao:

Wait, wait, wait... was that purse at WOD? Or somewhere else... :magnify:

I'll be on a mission to find it, I may get nothing else done while we are there :laughing:

I love all the purchases....and the sandwiches! :lmao: My goal is to eat one this trip! It's been a few years and they are calling my name!

I don't think we are going to have time for EoS in October, I'm going to miss it! I really think I need to tack on another day to this trip.......

We left DTD and made our way back to AKL.

IMG_6301.jpg

The boys wanted to change and go swimming right away, but we had plans to meet up with Anita (wigdoutdismom), Marc (wsushocker) & Jen (jenjolt) as soon as they were finished with their late lunch at Le Cellier. I told the boys that it shouldn't be much longer and to just wait, we'd be swimming with our DIS friends soon.

Don and I decided to go for a little walk around the resort, the boys opted to stay in the room and watch TV.

We made our way out to an observation deck and plopped ourselves down in the rocking chairs.

IMG_6306.jpg

There was a gentleman out there when we arrived and I guess he got frustrated that we crashed his private spot because we weren't there long before the guy sighed and got up and left. It was really kinda strange, we weren't being loud or anything, just rocking in the chairs and looking at the savannah. :confused3 Oh well, now it was our private spot!

Our view: the backside of a warthog :laughing:

IMG_6307_edited-1.jpg

IMG_6305.jpg

After a bit of relaxing, we got up and went for a stroll - warning, picture overload about to occur!

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6312.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

Here's the more flattering side of Pumbaa :rolleyes:

IMG_6318_edited-1.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6322.jpg

IMG_6323_edited-1.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

It was about this time that I got a text from Anita saying that they were finished with lunch and on their way back to their resort. So, we went back to the room to pack up our swimsuits and grab the boys, we then made our way over the Beach Club. I was very excited to finally get to meet my DIS friends, and since we were cruising with them, the boys were excited to meet Anita and Marc's son Baylor.

Continued in the next post

They met us in the lobby and while Marc went to go find a few chairs by the pool, Anita took us on a little tour of their one bedroom villa (made me want DVC even more if that's possible!). Then we changed clothes and went down for our first look at SAB! :woohoo: What an awesome pool this is! Jared declared almost immediately that he wanted to stay there on our next trip - yeah, me too babe! :thumbsup2 The 3 boys took off to try the slide, not sure where Don went, but Anita, Jen and I grabbed some floats and jumped into the lazy river. You don't want to try the lazy river without a float unless you are a really good swimmer - it is deep! I'm afraid if I tried it, I'd be gravitating towards the side a lot for something to hold onto. :laughing:

Once we finished in the lazy river we swam around over where the CMs had some games going on. We found the boys playing volleyball, only it was being done with a giant beach ball. They looked like they were having a blast! We just kinda hung out in the water and chatted a bit. Eventually Don found me and he and I went to try the slide ourselves. It was so much fun, but all the bumps kinda hurt my back!

It was time for a little break now, so we went to our chairs to dry off. Don went and got us a couple of drinks, he had a beer and I think he got me a Mai Tai. Then I realized that I hadn't taken a single picture yet, so I got up to go find the boys and take a few pictures. These were all taken with my new waterproof point & shoot, I was pretty happy with the quality.

IMG_0056_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

I found the boys still playing volleyball

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Baylor laying out for a shot

IMG_0067.jpg

Justin getting some air!

Jared saw me and asked me to get a picture of him going down the slide

IMG_0058_edited-1.jpg

I tried to get an underwater shot again.....

IMG_0061.jpg

I told the boys that they could swim for a few more minutes, but it was about time to go, it was getting late and I knew that Anita and crew had a dinner ADR that night, I didn't want us to stay too late and not give them enough time to get ready.

We got our stuff packed up, said our goodbye's and thanked them letting us be their guests for the afternoon. Then we walked around so that I could take a few more pictures

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

We had eaten such an early lunch that we were starting to get really hungry, so we hurried back to AKL to get cleaned up for dinner. We had decided to venture over to the dark side for our meal that night....yes, we were going to Universal's City Walk :eek: I knew we weren't on Disney property anymore as soon as we arrived. We had never been to Universal and had no idea how the area was laid out, so we asked the parking garage attendant the best way to get to where we were going. He said, and I quote, "get out of your car and start walking" Thanks for being so informative :rolleyes:

Our dinner tonight would be at

IMG_6326.jpg

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

We had to wait for about 30 minutes for a table and we were starving by the time we got seated!

IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

While we were looking over the menu Jared decided that he wanted crab legs. There were two problems with this, 1) someone was going to have to crack them for him and 2) it was an unpriced item on the menu, that usually only means one thing - it's expensive. When our server came to take our order we asked how much it was, $24.95. Now, normally we would never let Jared order a $25 meal, but we must have been feeling the calm vacation vibe, because we said ok...

I guess I didn't take pictures of our food because I can't find them anywhere. I can tell you we got some garlic bread for an appetizer, I had the crab stuffed shrimp, Don and Justin both got the 'bucket of boat trash' and Jared had his crab legs.

I did get a photo of my drink - a pomegranate margarita - yum!

IMG_6329.jpg

Our bill was just under $150 with tip, which I made sure to point out to Don, was just as expensive as a meal at WDW.....

We walked around for a bit afterwards and looked through a few shops, the boys were excited to see an NBA store

IMG_6333.jpg

We looked through the store but everything was so expensive, they both decided to hang onto their money.

We had an early morning planned for the next day, so it was time to head back to the room and get some sleep. I haven't mentioned this in awhile, but Jared's ear was still hurting him. We were being diligent about putting drying drops in them after he swam, but it didn't seem to be helping much.......

Ut oh - Hope Jared's ears were ok! My last family trip as a child, I got a really bad swimmer's ear infection. I remember my parents renting a water boat from the Contemporary and I just laid there I was in such pain. They had to take me to a walk in medical center. I almost wasn't able to fly home, they were so bad.

Wow that gentleman sure sounded annoyed with you being there. Don’t know why as it is a spot for everyone to enjoy.

Lol at getting a photo of the backside of a Warthog! :laughing: I love all your pictures and it sure isn’t picture overload!

Sounds like you all had fun at The Beach Club! Great SAB pics and Beach Club is another resort I would love to stay at – just for the closeness to DHS and Epcot.

Wow at the helpfulness of the Universal CM :eek: Am glad you enjoyed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co though those crab legs sound pricey!

Hope Jared’s ear got better later on in the trip.

Oh I hope the ear is okay!!! Right before the boat, yikes!

Isn't Beach Club FABULOUS!!!! It is a great summer season resort hands down! Well, it is great anytime I am sure! While it wasn't the most "christmas-y" we really liked it in December, and in the summer it was amazing! As you saw!!! :thumbsup2

Glad you checked out Universal Walk, we may explore that next time! Seems like you had a busy and fun day!!! :thumbsup2

Loved the update and so cannot wait for 'tomorrow'!!! We stay at AKV (since we bought DVC and it's our home it's the only place we usually try). But I do want to try BC sometime cause I want to float in SAB!

What type of 'waterproof' camera did you get. I keep looking at them for our cruise and not wanting to spend a fortune, but want to get some photos in the water.

You've got me worried about Jared's ear...we've had many a ear mishaps here with Ben and traveling...:sad2:

I am drooling over AKL. So much more than I have seen on my couple of visits. Can't wait for October!

Great fun at DTD. We did get our meal at Earl in but then it poured and we didn't get much shopping done. Never did make it back. I don't know if we'll have time to go in October or not...I hope we can squeeze it in somewhere.

John and Ben went to Universal for 1 day this trip to see the Harry Potter stuff. I thought they'd hit City Walk for dinner but after being over there they decided to head back to Disney and eat with us. I've got them trained right!:thumbsup2

ok...so we stayed at the Beach Club our last trip and I did not know there was a lazy river! But in our defense it was 40 degrees the whole time so we missed out on the whole pool experience which upset me because that was one of the reasons we choose that hotel because we knew the little boys would love it!! Lesson learned that we will not go in Feb anymore!! LOL! It was still a little warmer than it was at home since we barely escaped a huge snowstorm!!

Great update, Michelle. You are killing me with all of these pictures of AKL. I want it to get here so bad (although I don't want summer to end).

I'm sorry that Jared's ear was still bothering him and hope it was better by the time you got on the cruise ship.

We're going to go to the Bubba's Shrimp we have in Chicago next month as we've never been.

Another great update Michelle. I really love the whole SAB and BC thing....I know I should try other resorts but for location and pool, it really can't be beat!

I've got more AKL pics coming up in the next update. I may even get that done this afternoon. :thumbsup2

I really want to stay at the Poly too, I just love it there, so tropical and relaxing!

LOVED the Poly.... but I did love AKL when we ate there, I guess I am just too afraid of it being so far away.. I think I will look into it when we are going to have a low key laid back vacation..

I am super excited about the girls trip, I think we may just need to make this an annual thing! I do want to take the boys again soon though, they haven't been since December of 2009, much too long ago!
Let me know and I'm in!! :thumbsup2 I want to do food and wine with adults only.. I've been there with my boys, but it was very rushed and NOT ENOUGH WINE TIME!!! :rotfl:

I had to check on the TT pin, and yes, it does move!
you SOOOO made my sons day! :thumbsup2 I will be getting him that one in November!

I knew we weren't on Disney property anymore as soon as we arrived. We had never been to Universal and had no idea how the area was laid out, so we asked the parking garage attendant the best way to get to where we were going. He said, and I quote, "get out of your car and start walking" Thanks for being so informative :rolleyes:
It's sad isn't it.. :sad2: but then again, that's the DISNEY DIFFERENCE! I bet it was dirty too.. I always notice trash on the ground whenever I go to any other theme park area.. Disney is always clean!

Our bill was just under $150 with tip, which I made sure to point out to Don, was just as expensive as a meal at WDW.....
:rotfl: and what did he say about that.. :rotfl:

We had an early morning planned for the next day, so it was time to head back to the room and get some sleep. I haven't mentioned this in awhile, but Jared's ear was still hurting him. We were being diligent about putting drying drops in them after he swam, but it didn't seem to be helping much.......
I hope they got better by the cruise.. :sick: poor kid.. :(

However did I get two updates behind??? At any rate, I thoroughly enjoyed both of them! Shopping at DtD is always fun, and I love, love, love your new Christmas ornaments and pins! Makes me excited for the Christmas season -- even though it is still several months away! :laughing:

I always enjoy photo tours of AKL -- oh, and I fully endorse the yumminess of having zebra domes for breakfast! :thumbsup2 How nice that you were able to meet up with Anita, Marc, Baylor, and Jen for swimming at the Beach Club. Stormalong does sound like a blast!

Hmpf, not impressed with the Universal parking attendent. :headache:

I'm only finished reading through World of Coke, but I had to say thanks for all the pictures. We have been dying to go to World of Coke since hubby is a Coke Employee and we love all things Coca-Cola (maybe even more than we love Disney. Maybe.) We also have to drive through Atlanta to get to Disney so now I am thinking that our best bet just might be to make Atlanta our stopping point, do World of Coke in the morning and then carry on to Florida. What fun! Unlike you, I would only be scared of spending all my souvenir money there, though. The only souvenir I really bought on my last trip to WDW was at Club Cool, a bracelet made out of Coke bottle glass. :)

Can you tell me what hotel you stayed at in Atlanta?

The Beach Club pool really is something! I'm sorry the parking attendant was so rude to you-- we've never encountered that!

I think you got some great pictures with your new camera! :thumbsup2

I am so jealous that you got to go swimming at SAB! I want to do that so badly! Miss Wigd loves to share her DVC goodness with everyone doesn't she! She is always so kind in her offers to everyone.

That water volleyball looked really fun too!

I know exactly what you mean about instantly knowing that you aren't in Kansas anymore! We feel the same way. We went to Seaworld during our first Disney trip and it was like stepping into another world. It was quite the rude awakening. No one does it like Disney.

Your pictures just confirm why I love AKL so much. It's such a peaceful oasis. I guess that's why that guest thought you were entering his personal space. :rotfl:

You got a lot of great SAB pictures. Way more than I took. Your camera works great. Very cool to have a water proof camera. So great that you had a pre cruise hang out with Wigd and company.

Dinner sounds yummy. I really would like to eat there someday. :thumbsup2 pomegranted rita :thumbsup2

Ut oh - Hope Jared's ears were ok! My last family trip as a child, I got a really bad swimmer's ear infection. I remember my parents renting a water boat from the Contemporary and I just laid there I was in such pain. They had to take me to a walk in medical center. I almost wasn't able to fly home, they were so bad.

Jared gets swimmer's ear at least once every summer and it's always at the most inopportune time too! It can be very painful, I can't imagine flying with it.

Wow that gentleman sure sounded annoyed with you being there. Don’t know why as it is a spot for everyone to enjoy.

Lol at getting a photo of the backside of a Warthog! :laughing: I love all your pictures and it sure isn’t picture overload!

Sounds like you all had fun at The Beach Club! Great SAB pics and Beach Club is another resort I would love to stay at – just for the closeness to DHS and Epcot.

Wow at the helpfulness of the Universal CM :eek: Am glad you enjoyed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co though those crab legs sound pricey!

Hope Jared’s ear got better later on in the trip.

I can maybe see that man getting annoyed if our kids were running all over and ruining his peace and quiet, but it was just Don & I sitting there in the rocking chairs :confused3

Our trip to the BC just reaffirmed to me that we MUST stay there sometime, fabulous location, beautiful resort, great pool - what more could we ask for?!

Bubba Bump Shrimp Co is always a fun place to eat. I try and eat there everytime we are in a city that has one. Don and I are going to Charleston next month for our anniversary and there is one there, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to eat at a chain when there are probably much better seafood restaurants in that city.

Oh I hope the ear is okay!!! Right before the boat, yikes!

Isn't Beach Club FABULOUS!!!! It is a great summer season resort hands down! Well, it is great anytime I am sure! While it wasn't the most "christmas-y" we really liked it in December, and in the summer it was amazing! As you saw!!! :thumbsup2

Glad you checked out Universal Walk, we may explore that next time! Seems like you had a busy and fun day!!! :thumbsup2

Well you gotta know that since I keep mentioning it, the ear was an issue.....

LOVED the Beach Club! I would want to stay there when the weather was warm enough to enjoy SAB though. I told Don that I wanted to take Jared to WDW next year, if I can convince him we might just try and stay there.

I know I'm going to have to cave and take the boys to Universal pretty soon. They both love thrill rides!

Loved the update and so cannot wait for 'tomorrow'!!! We stay at AKV (since we bought DVC and it's our home it's the only place we usually try). But I do want to try BC sometime cause I want to float in SAB!

What type of 'waterproof' camera did you get. I keep looking at them for our cruise and not wanting to spend a fortune, but want to get some photos in the water.

We're almost to 'tomorrow'! I'd love to me a DVC member, I'd probably want AKV too, it's just such a relaxing resort!

Well, my waterproof camera wasn't cheap, I think it was around $380, I can't remember, Don bought it for me for a combo Mother's Day/Birthday present. It's a Canon PowerShot D10. There are cheaper options out there that I'm sure take good pictures. It's just that my DSLR is a Canon and I LOVE it, so I've kind of developed into a Canon snob :laughing:

You've got me worried about Jared's ear...we've had many a ear mishaps here with Ben and traveling...:sad2:

I am drooling over AKL. So much more than I have seen on my couple of visits. Can't wait for October!

Great fun at DTD. We did get our meal at Earl in but then it poured and we didn't get much shopping done. Never did make it back. I don't know if we'll have time to go in October or not...I hope we can squeeze it in somewhere.

John and Ben went to Universal for 1 day this trip to see the Harry Potter stuff. I thought they'd hit City Walk for dinner but after being over there they decided to head back to Disney and eat with us. I've got them trained right!:thumbsup2

I was really starting to worry about Jared's ear too. This wasn't the first time we've had ear issues with him while traveling.

I wish we had had more time at AKL, it's just beautiful!

Bummer that you didn't get a chance to shop while you were in DTD! At least you got some Earl's though - yum!

I dread the day when I have to spend a good chunk of my vacation at Universal, I know it coming....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter