Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

We just returned from WL/CL and I'm planning a Christmas trip. I always book room-only with the military rate (-40%), but all discounts are blocked-out during Christmas. But, I am able to book a SOG overflow rate (-20%) and I just called and CSR BC is available, which is a pleasant surprise since you can't book actual CL rooms with the overflow rate. I'm in a bit of a panic though as SOG overflow rooms are extremely limited and once booked, they are gone, even if canceled. So I'd appreciate it if someone could quickly answer a few questions. I apologize if answers are in this thread.

I know that CSR BC is a limited "CL lite," but for those of you who have stayed, would you stay again and would you recommend it? I don't expect it to be like CL, but is there plenty of seating and do they replenish everything as needed?

How is mousekeeping and room condition in 9B? I read that the building's exterior seemed dirty which concerned me about the interior. Does noise travel easily in those rooms? Is one side of 9B quieter than the other? Is it best to request the lake side since there isn't a parking lot on that side?

We usually stay Deluxe with park access via boat, monorail and/or walkway so this would be a big change for us, but the holiday pricing is great. I just need a bit of convincing that the buses will be tolerable and aren't standing room only. I see that 9B is stop 4. Does this mean they are the 4th pick-up? Will the bus have guests already on it when it stops at 9B?

Any information to help me make a quick decision on whether to book CSR or not would be greatly appreciated. We've only stayed once just after it opened so it's been a while. Thanks:)

We just returned from WL/CL and I'm planning a Christmas trip. I always book room-only with the military rate (-40%), but all discounts are blocked-out during Christmas. But, I am able to book a SOG overflow rate (-20%) and I just called and CSR BC is available, which is a pleasant surprise since you can't book actual CL rooms with the overflow rate. I'm in a bit of a panic though as SOG overflow rooms are extremely limited and once booked, they are gone, even if canceled. So I'd appreciate it if someone could quickly answer a few questions. I apologize if answers are in this thread.

I know that CSR BC is a limited "CL lite," but for those of you who have stayed, would you stay again and would you recommend it? I don't expect it to be like CL, but is there plenty of seating and do they replenish everything as needed?

How is mousekeeping and room condition in 9B? I read that the building's exterior seemed dirty which concerned me about the interior. Does noise travel easily in those rooms? Is one side of 9B quieter than the other? Is it best to request the lake side since there isn't a parking lot on that side?

We usually stay Deluxe with park access via boat, monorail and/or walkway so this would be a big change for us, but the holiday pricing is great. I just need a bit of convincing that the buses will be tolerable and aren't standing room only. I see that 9B is stop 4. Does this mean they are the 4th pick-up? Will the bus have guests already on it when it stops at 9B?

Any information to help me make a quick decision on whether to book CSR or not would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

No help or info .... I just wanted to say hi! :wave2: I'll be staying here the first week of Sept but that doesn't do you a bit of good. Keep in mind that it's the holidays and I think all the buses everywhere will be crowded. And I say book it!!! You can always change! :rotfl2: What other resorts are available???

No help or info .... I just wanted to say hi! :wave2: I'll be staying here the first week of Sept but that doesn't do you a bit of good. Keep in mind that it's the holidays and I think all the buses everywhere will be crowded. And I say book it!!! You can always change! :rotfl2: What other resorts are available???
:wave2:
Of course you say BOOK IT and CHANGE!:lmao:. We did go once over Christmas in 2010, but we stayed at WL so I don't know if the buses operate the same way at the Mods. WL seemed to actually have more buses than usual to accomodate the increase in crowds. Also, the Deluxe resorts, at least in the MK area, didn't seem that crowded, perhaps due to the additional holiday resort overcharge:scratchin

BWI SV is also available. But BWI would be $230 more PER NIGHT than CSR BC.

popcorn::

Any information to help me make a quick decision on whether to book CSR or not would be greatly appreciated. We've only stayed once just after it opened so it's been a while. Thanks:)

The biggest thing you get with the BC rooms is location. The biggest complaint you here from people about CSR is the size. This eliminates the size issues as 9B is close to everything. BC gets you a basic breakfast and snacks/drinks in the evening. You won't get the hot offerings like WL. They do replace as needed.

The complaint about the building looking dirty I would take with a grain of salt, it was a comment made by one person and I have never noticed that or heard anyone else make that comment. My understanding is that the BC rooms are the best kept at CSR as they are the most expensive, they had their fridges replaced first during the current fridge crisis. There is no parking lot view in 9B, you either get a view of the main lagoon or a smaller lagoon in the back. Chances are the backside will be quieter, but it really depends who your neighbours are.

The closest bus stop is stop 1 which is the last pick-up, stop 4 which is the 3rd pick-up is about a 3-4 min walk, stop 1 is literally right beside 9B. It might actually be the closest you can get to a bus stop at WDW. First thing in the morning if you are rope drop people you will probably have to stand getting on at that stop, later in the day shouldn't be too bad. You will find that the buses come quicker and get to the parks quicker than WL though.

We feel CSR is the best value for the dollar on property. Not saying it is better than the Deluxes, but for the price difference it can't be beat. It is the only Mod to have Deluxe amentities like Fitness Center, Spa, Salon, Sauna. It has a much larger pool area than WL, 2nd longest water slide at WDW, and the largest hot tub at WDW.

We can afford Deluxe and every trip we consider Deluxe. But everytime we compare what we get at CSR for much Less I can't bring myself to spend the difference. Becasue we normally stay 12-14 nights the difference is around $3500 to stay at the Boardwalk area which would be my choice.

The biggest thing you get with the BC rooms is location. The biggest complaint you here from people about CSR is the size. This eliminates the size issues as 9B is close to everything. BC gets you a basic breakfast and snacks/drinks in the evening. You won't get the hot offerings like WL. They do replace as needed.

The complaint about the building looking dirty I would take with a grain of salt, it was a comment made by one person and I have never noticed that or heard anyone else make that comment. My understanding is that the BC rooms are the best kept at CSR as they are the most expensive, they had their fridges replaced first during the current fridge crisis. There is no parking lot view in 9B, you either get a view of the main lagoon or a smaller lagoon in the back. Chances are the backside will be quieter, but it really depends who your neighbours are.

The closest bus stop is stop 1 which is the last pick-up, stop 4 which is the 3rd pick-up is about a 3-4 min walk, stop 1 is literally right beside 9B. It might actually be the closest you can get to a bus stop at WDW. First thing in the morning if you are rope drop people you will probably have to stand getting on at that stop, later in the day shouldn't be too bad. You will find that the buses come quicker and get to the parks quicker than WL though.

We feel CSR is the best value for the dollar on property. Not saying it is better than the Deluxes, but for the price difference it can't be beat. It is the only Mod to have Deluxe amentities like Fitness Center, Spa, Salon, Sauna. It has a much larger pool area than WL, 2nd longest water slide at WDW, and the largest hot tub at WDW.

We can afford Deluxe and every trip we consider Deluxe. But everytime we compare what we get at CSR for much Less I can't bring myself to spend the difference. Becasue we normally stay 12-14 nights the difference is around $3500 to stay at the Boardwalk area which would be my choice.
Thank you for your helpful comments! I saw a parking lot on the map near 9B and thought it could be seen from the building. Thank you for setting me straight.

We always choose WL/CL in part because it's a great value, but we also love the theming, location and friendly staff. CSR BC seems to also be a great value, but I have read negative reviews about the desk staff and room condition, particularly on TripAdvisor, so I panicked. The desk staff doesn't really matter to me, but do you check in at EC or do you have a separate check-in at 9B?

Would bus stop 2 or 3 be first picked-up? Do the CSR buses stop anywhere else on the way to Epcot and MK? Does anyone know if there are top floor 9B rooms that do not have a connecting door between them? Thank you.

Thank you for your helpful comments! I saw a parking lot on the map near 9B and thought it could be seen from the building. Thank you for setting me straight.

We always choose WL/CL in part because it's a great value, but we also love the theming, location and friendly staff. CSR BC seems to also be a great value, but I have read negative reviews about the desk staff and room condition, particularly on TripAdvisor, so I panicked. The desk staff doesn't really matter to me, but do you check in at EC or do you have a separate check-in at 9B?

Would bus stop 2 or 3 be first picked-up? Do the CSR buses stop anywhere else on the way to Epcot and MK? Does anyone know if there are top floor 9B rooms that do not have a connecting door between them? Thank you.

WL is a beautiful resort, we had Christmas dinner there last trip to WDW. Absolutely no need to explain why you would want to stay there.

The parking lot is behind 9A, there are a couple corner rooms you might be able to see it from but you would also have a nice lagoon view as well.

I would value the people on DIS boards alot more than Tripadvisor. :) The CM's have always been great for us. You do check-in at the lobby, but the lobby is a 2 min walk to 9B.

The stop order for the parks is 2, 3, 4, 1. For the DTD buses it goes 1-4 in order. We aren't rope drop people anymore so at the times we catch the bus it's always been great, but first thing in the morning to get to park opening the buses could be full by the time they get to stop 1. The good news is they imediately leave the resort after that and because of the central location it takes 5 mins to DHS, 5 mins to Epcot, 8 mins to AK, and 12 mins to MK. One of the DHS, AK, Epcot buses goes to Blizzard beach as well, it varies which one by the day. But BB is right beside CSR, it only adds a couple minutes to the trip. I believe the DTD bus stops at Typhoon Lagoon, but becasue we go in December it's always been closed.

Hi All :wave2:
We are here now at CSR,we checked in Saturday August 10th,we asked for top floor,quiet room,fridge for medical needs,Casitas.We got Cabanas 9b,room number 92**,top floor,quiet as a mouse,facing the lake,little beach area and hammocks are the view i have whilst typing,with a frozen pina colada :thumbsup2,we are very happy with where we are placed.We walked over to Casitas and room location wise are glad we are where we are.The dig site is not that far at all,and the quiet pool is just down some steps to our right.We are using bus stop 4 which we have had no problems with,longest wait we had was this morning for a AK bus for EMH-10 minutes.Have had a seat every time on the bus.So far have done MK on Sunday which was heaving,and AK today which was what i would expect.Off to DHS soon for EMH.
Broken fridge is in our room with a sign on it,other fridge already in room when we got here.We are on the QSDP and have eaten at Pepper Market on 2 occasions now,pepperoni pizza,turkey burger and chicken penne alfredo all cooked fresh whilst we waited.Roast rib of beef with mash potatoes and brown gravy is awesome.The ice cream station is under refurb at Pepper Market but wait staff are happy for you to have ice cream from Rix Cafe-1 scoop,which they will get for you.
The resort is stunning,so happy to be here,and so happy that we are here for 3 weeks :thumbsup2.x.

Hi All :wave2:
We are here now at CSR,we checked in Saturday August 10th,we asked for top floor,quiet room,fridge for medical needs,Casitas.We got Cabanas 9b,room number 92**,top floor,quiet as a mouse,facing the lake,little beach area and hammocks are the view i have whilst typing,with a frozen pina colada :thumbsup2,we are very happy with where we are placed.We walked over to Casitas and room location wise are glad we are where we are.The dig site is not that far at all,and the quiet pool is just down some steps to our right.We are using bus stop 4 which we have had no problems with,longest wait we had was this morning for a AK bus for EMH-10 minutes.Have had a seat every time on the bus.So far have done MK on Sunday which was heaving,and AK today which was what i would expect.Off to DHS soon for EMH.
Broken fridge is in our room with a sign on it,other fridge already in room when we got here.We are on the QSDP and have eaten at Pepper Market on 2 occasions now,pepperoni pizza,turkey burger and chicken penne alfredo all cooked fresh whilst we waited.Roast rib of beef with mash potatoes and brown gravy is awesome.The ice cream station is under refurb at Pepper Market but wait staff are happy for you to have ice cream from Rix Cafe-1 scoop,which they will get for you.
The resort is stunning,so happy to be here,and so happy that we are here for 3 weeks :thumbsup2.x.

awesome! have a wonderful time! Thanks for the update!
:goodvibes

We requested a refrigerator for our trip last month. It was about two weeks after they were removed. When we checked the CM who took care of us, looked at the note on our reservation after I asked. He made a phone call and the person on the phone must have said something because the CM said "there is a request in the computer". Our refrigerator was in the room 15 minutes later. We were still in the room getting settled.

You may wish to call before your trip to make a request in case they are not finished with the replacement. You may have a better chance of getting one then.

We were so happy that we were able to get one.

Planning a trip with another adult couple for 2014. Like Coronado Springs and wondering if someone can tell me there are King Rooms near each other. Or will we possibly be given rooms in different areas of the resort? Trying to stay in the moderate category, if not CSR, then any other advice or ideas would be great. Thanks all!

Planning a trip with another adult couple for 2014. Like Coronado Springs and wondering if someone can tell me there are King Rooms near each other. Or will we possibly be given rooms in different areas of the resort? Trying to stay in the moderate category, if not CSR, then any other advice or ideas would be great. Thanks all!

We are planning a trip November 2013 with another couple and both of us requested King beds. I'm hopeful that we will end up in the same section at least. This thread has a lot of resort information and in post #2 it says this
"Rooms: 1,917 rooms available; there are junior suites and executive suites available. Regular rooms are 314 square feet.

Room Breakdown:

All rooms are now non-smoking.
There are 224 king bed rooms.
99 disabled accessible rooms."
and it goes on to describe the different classes and suites and so on.

So with that number of King beds, I would think if you have your reservations linked you have a good shot at being in the same section. At least that is what the CM told me when I called for free dining and I told her we were traveling with the other couple.

Good luck. I'm just excited we will have some time together as friends but then also some time together as individual couples. I can NOT wait.
Seems to be coming fast but yet oh so slow!!!
We made our reservation in January and have been talking about it since last August.

We are planning a trip November 2013 with another couple and both of us requested King beds. I'm hopeful that we will end up in the same section at least. This thread has a lot of resort information and in post #2 it says this
"Rooms: 1,917 rooms available; there are junior suites and executive suites available. Regular rooms are 314 square feet.

Room Breakdown:

All rooms are now non-smoking.
There are 224 king bed rooms.
99 disabled accessible rooms."
and it goes on to describe the different classes and suites and so on.

So with that number of King beds, I would think if you have your reservations linked you have a good shot at being in the same section. At least that is what the CM told me when I called for free dining and I told her we were traveling with the other couple.

Good luck. I'm just excited we will have some time together as friends but then also some time together as individual couples. I can NOT wait.
Seems to be coming fast but yet oh so slow!!!
We made our reservation in January and have been talking about it since last August.

Thanks so much! I plan on calling to see if I can get some info.

I hope you all have a great trip! We just started talking about a trip this past weekend and our friends are basically newbies....the husband has not been since he was little and the wife has never been. Hubby and I have done 2 trips adults only and loved it. Will be nice to share the experience with friends our age if I don't drive then crazy just planning the trip...hehehe.

Thanks so much! I plan on calling to see if I can get some info.

I hope you all have a great trip! We just started talking about a trip this past weekend and our friends are basically newbies....the husband has not been since he was little and the wife has never been. Hubby and I have done 2 trips adults only and loved it. Will be nice to share the experience with friends our age if I don't drive then crazy just planning the trip...hehehe.

We feel the same way about having friends with us our "age".
We will have been married 25 years in November and have never gone on vacation with friends. We are pretty excited they decided to come too.
They went during Thanksgiving about 5 years ago, so they wanted us to see all the Christmas lights as we have only been in April or early November.
I did go late October with an elder adult, and it was nice but I think being with my husband and friends is going to be extra special because I've never done the table meal other than maybe 1 per vacation. This time we have one scheduled every day. :cool1: We will also do the backstage tour and have lunch with an imagineer. So much adult stuff to do that we could not have done with children.

I see you are going in October? As adults or with family?
Well report back and enjoy.

I really enjoyed the BC lounge. It was small with only two round tables to seat 4 each and a few smaller tables for two. In one of the tv sections there was also a small sofa with chairs. There was always enough seating the week I was there (for both mornings and evenings).

The CMs in the lounge were very friendly (especial Daniel) and were excellent at replenishing the food offerings or getting something more if needed. I would definitely stay there again!

We just returned last week from a 4day stay in business class rooms. The outside was dirty, IMO. The rooms themselves were very clean and comfortable. We had a room in the back of the building facing the smaller lake (we could see the entrance road from our room). It was super quiet in BC section. Actually the whole resort was very quiet, even the big pool.

As far as mousekeeping, well to me, it was a bit of a let down. The one day we put out our privacy sign, they never left a bag of towels and such. Which I have always gotten when doing that before. So we had to go up and ask for some coffee pods for the next morning. The days that they did make up our room, they didn't leave any coffee pods nor did they leave any bath goodies. Not a big deal since we had our own supplies but have always had them left before. Room was cleaned so that was good. :)

Lounge:
Breakfast:
They have a counter area with an espresso maker, 3 plates of breakfast pasteries, bagels and such (muffins one day, pasteries the next. they switch off with these), 3 bowls of fruit (pineapple, cantelope, mixed berries), bowl of mango yogurt and granola, single serve cereals, small cartons of milk, orange juice, reg coffee, tea bags and hot chocolate packets. I believe that is it for breakfast. They have little plates that you use to serve yourself.

evening:
3 bowls of chips: plain wavy lays type, colored tortilla chips, homemade potato chips(delicious!), bowls of salsa, ranch type dip, hummus. 3 bowls of choc pretzels, reg pretzels and asst veggies(small asst.), canned soda/tea. On a small counter they have an asst of maybe 5 beer/wine varieties to choose from: bud light, white wine, some other beers that I have no idea what they are cause I don't drink but apparently were good cause my hubby had a few. :rotfl: I did get a sangria once just so I could see what it was. lol It was good but since I don't drink I didn't get anymore.

The pretzel asst isn't served until 7pm. So we would go in at 5 or so and have some chips salsa and a drink. Then go back about 7 and have the pretzels and drinks.
We spent alot of time at the resort since we were at the end of our stay and I had to help DD get moved into her college program apt.

We had a triple split stay this vacation 2nights POP, 4nights POR royal room, and 3nights CSR BC. We LOVE Pop but it is noisier then the Mods, our Favorite (even my 17yo) was POR royal room, and we all agreed that CSR was not as good. We have stayed at all Mods and several values before, honestly, I think we would pick a value over CSR again.
Now, having said that we are booked at CSR for Christmas ONLY because there is no availablity at any other mod/value for FD. We agreed that if we HAD to stay just to get FD we would but 10nights here makes me very wary so I may change to a RO rate and go to POFQ.

I think our main dislike was the fact that there is essentially no food court like the other resorts have. My DS17 likes to be able to walk around the stations to see what he feels like having for QS meal. Here there is one window with about 5 things (he had the hotdog a couple times) that is it. Sure you can go to Pepper market but he felt a little uncertain about going in there since there are CM's waiting to seat you. It is just a little too formal for us. He did go there one time to get a pizza to go but complained about it the whole time. He wanted the regular food court!! :goodvibes

Was the BC lounge worth it? I liked having a little breakfast snack before we hit the parks but have to say since we drive we could bring muffins/bagels from home (which we did anyways) and just eat in our room. DS only had a small carton of milk each morning and a handful of chips in evening with a can of soda. I guess the one thing that might make it worth it is if you drink. DH had a few beers (I told him to drink up since we needed to get our monies worth :rotfl2:)
There are only 3 tables I think and a couple sofas/chairs. It was usually pretty full when we were in there but always found a seat. They do have a wii that a young couple were playing.
CM's were super friendly and we did chat quite a bit with them.

Cabana 8B what's the closet buss stop

The Cabanas stop (#4) is the closest to 8B.

For whoever was asking about king-bed rooms: they are spread throughout the resort, they are not all in one building or section. King rooms are often on the corners of the buildings and some of them have 2 windows, which makes them look and feel larger.

The Cabanas stop (#4) is the closest to 8B.

For whoever was asking about king-bed rooms: they are spread throughout the resort, they are not all in one building or section. King rooms are often on the corners of the buildings and some of them have 2 windows, which makes them look and feel larger.

Oh I'm so hoping for one on the corner with 2 windows. LOL
I just like a bright room when I get up in the morning.
Then again I don't plan on staying in the room all that much when there is so much out there to enjoy in only 7 short days. sigh.
:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter