Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plumsiren

plumsiren DIS Veteran

Awesome! Any pictures to share? ;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Ted in Halifax

Ted in Halifax Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

Can anyone tell me which building(s) this type of room is located in?

[​IMG]

4. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

I'm not a CSR expert but I believe that type room is in all the buildings.

5. photos_101

photos_101 Mouseketeer

That is exactly what our business class room looked like. Could very well be what other rooms look like as well. Lol

6. plumsiren

plumsiren DIS Veteran

Yeah, looks like a standard room. Hard to tell the dimensions though.

7. RejoyceoverDisney

RejoyceoverDisney DIS Veteran

I believe the first couple of posts in this thread has pictures of all the buildings and rooms so you might be able to get a better idea from looking at those pictures.

8. Ted in Halifax

Ted in Halifax Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

Excellent! Thank you!

9. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

All of the rooms look like that! I love the d├ęcor/colors in the refurbed rooms.

10. carrielovesdisney

carrielovesdisney Mouseketeer

So, all of the rooms have been refurbished?

11. Trip planner

Trip planner Mouseketeer

We are staying at CSR 10/23-27. Is it tough to eat at Maya Grill without ADR? I would love to leave some flexibility in our vacation.

12. troll buster

troll buster Mouseketeer

I booked a preferred room because we like to be near the food court. Which building and/or room should I request?

13. Leagle123

Leagle123 Earning My Ears

I've read on other pages that the POR is supposedly going live with the Magic Bands beginning with check-ins 9/3/13 going forward. Has anyone heard anything related to CSR as it pertains to the Magic Bands??

14. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

So far the info I saw is that POR is the only of the moderate resorts with a scheduled date for use of the Magic Bands.

I have not see anything about CSR or any other mods, but I believe that they want to roll it out at all resorts by the end of the year.

15. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

If you go there at off meal times you probably won't need an ADR.

16. Wynnebee

Wynnebee Earning My Ears

We are staying at Coronado from 9/15-9/23. Since we are going to be there a day early I booked a room only reservation at AoA for 9/14. I did the online check in for both reservations and it allowed us to pick magic bands out on the My Magic page and set up Fastpass+ for our entire stay. I don't know if they will be good for the whole trip or just for the one night at AoA.

17. LAS321

LAS321 When you wish upon a star...

:wizard: We love CBR but are concerned about next year's trip with the refurbs going on there. We are considering CSR but are a little worried about the whole convention scene. If you're just on a relaxing vacation are the conventioneers distracting or disruptive? The grounds and rooms at CSR look beautiful, but we love the peace and quiet at CBR.....just curious from those who know how CSR is.....thanks!

18. WUVmyDISNEY

WUVmyDISNEY DIS Veteran

LAS321, we stayed there this May with 2 separate conventions during our trip. I can tell you it caused no interruption in our relaxation etc. Matter of fact, I think it made the bus service during the day even better. We went to DTD and we were the only people on the bus at all. I met a friend who was down there for dinner and afterwards, we sat outside by the bar area. It got pretty crowded but there were no issues and it didn't bother us at all. It was our first stay at CSR and I found it to be just as relaxing and pretty as the Poly was. I would say don't worry about it at all! :)

19. Nechville

Nechville DIS Veteran

Some questions --
    Any ideas for how you make the desk work for two kids to eat breakfast? Am used to having the table and 2 chairs. Also, is the only chair in the room the one at the desk?

And the picture of the room layout my TA sent me showed two sinks in the bathroom. But most of the pictures I see only shows one sink. Do some rooms have two? If so, which ones? Is it random or by building?

20. auprincess

auprincess DIS Veteran

I just booked business class at CSR for March 21-29. A little nervous about going during spring break but excited to try a new resort!

21. Disney Dad 88

Disney Dad 88 Mouseketeer

Just got back from a quick visit with my kids before school starts on Monday here in Florida. We are AP holders and usually stay Deluxe with a room only discount, thus this was our first stay at CSR. We enjoyed the pool as much as any Deluxe.Stayed in Cabanas standard and got a Lake view which was nice. The room was ok nothing special. Biggest concern is that it can get loud at night with families returning home, but my 7 & 5 year old slept right through it. The biggest surprise was that the place was dead. Not a lot in the pool, and yesterday morning there were 7 families eating breakfast at 8:00 am. The parking lots in some sections were deserted. It was nice for a quick stay and the pool functions were great. The biggest concern I would have personally is that when it is crowded it may get a little overwhelming because the place is so big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.