Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andigomeep

andigomeep Mouseketeer

I've got requests on my reservation as well as what I requested during online check in, but I wondered if they're actually going to pay attention to the ones on the reservation or if they're going to focus more on what's asked for during online check in? Does anyone know? I figured it was Disney's way of streamlining the request process.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. auntfrannie

auntfrannie DIS Veteran

According to Buzz's site, you still need to pick up packages at Panchito's.

4. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

Thanks for this...was just about to search Buzz's sight.

5. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I would try to keep the requests the same. Or else they will have no way of knowing which ones are the most important. It is never a great idea to make more than a couple of requests, that just lessens the odds of getting them met.

If someone goes crazy and requests "Third floor West facing room near the elevator with a view of the pool looking right, and four palm trees looking right not more than 20 steps away from the food court " the room assigners are just as likely to throw up their hands and go "Whatever, crazy person. Here is your room". And give them the first room they see.

6. andigomeep

andigomeep Mouseketeer

That's what I figured, lol. I made the same requests on my reservation as during online check in. Except I did ask for bed rails on the reservation, is there ever any problem getting them?

7. Agusia

Agusia Earning My Ears

Thanks Everyone. So I didn't know about the online check in and requests. I figured the check in was face-to-face with CM upon arrival to resort and that is when they assigned you your room. I will call and change the request on my booking to take 9B off, right? I'm just hoping for a good location because my kids although not lazy get worn out quickly in hot weather and we are not taking a stroller. Fingers crossed.

8. KMarston

KMarston Mouseketeer

We got here at 8 am to get our KTTW cards and head to Blizzard Beach. I had done online check in and had reserved a water view room. It was our first bit of pixie dust to find our room was ready and waiting! I was so surprised to find no wait. I literally walked up, showed my ID and they handed me my pack.i did not request a specific area though. We ended up in 8b which I'm completely satisfied with.nwe don't have littles though

9. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

Not sure about the elevators but CSR does have resort specific merchandise in the gift shop (clothing, mugs, etc).

10. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I have stayed at CSR 4 times but in buildings 3,5,7a and 7b. The elevators were all in the centers with ice machine/soda/snack in a room adjacent. I will be in 9b this Wednesday so I will verify, but I am guessing the elevators will be in the center because pictures show the stairs on the ends of the buildings.

I will look for resort mdse too, dd loves to shop!

Trish

11. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

I thought Disney got rid of most of the resort specific stuff in place of WDW stuff.

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

They did but its back due to popular demand.

13. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

I was just checking another site and it stated ItÂ’s the usual collection of generic Disney merchandise with no resort specific merchandise. This was posted on 1/13/2013.

14. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

They did, but like another pp said, it's back. Some resorts have more stuff than others. We stopped at Panchitos last August and they had quite a bit of stuff.

15. Radiorox

Radiorox Live from the city of Magic.

When I was there in Feb, the most resort spec stuff that I saw were the pins. I think there were two or three for CSR. Also some magnates and postcards. Nothing too thrilling. ;)

16. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

THat's all that I saw too. Thought I was going crazy.

17. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

That's odd... friends of ours just got back about 3 weeks ago and they bought some CSR shirts, hats and I thought they said they picked up a canvas bag (which made sense to me b/c I saw all of that stuff back in August).

18. aschafer81

aschafer81 Earning My Ears

What is the possibility in getting a free upgrade from a standard room to a preferred or water view room when one is going on their hunnymoon? Any suggestions for the free upgrade?

19. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

You've posed a pretty loaded question here. Most would say a free upgrade is unexpected pixie dust that you just don't ask for unless you are willing to pay for. Why not just book the room you actually want?

I'm of the opinion, ask if you want but don't be upset if you don't get a freebie from them.

20. cceandme

cceandme Mouseketeer

67 loooong days. At least I can do online check in next week.

21. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

He's ready to welcome you when you get there .... :)

[​IMG]
    IMGP0555 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.