Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever taken a small air mattress to use in the rooms at Coronado? I was thinking of taking one to keep my kids from arguing about sleeping in the same bed. LOL! Thanks in advance!

We didn't take an air mattress (flying - too heavy) but we got the rollaway from CSR. It fit right near the door.

Preferred rooms are all in casitas 1, 2 and 3.

We have used both a twin and a queen air mattress at CSR (not at the same time ;)). The twin fits easily between the bed and the window. The queen also fit there, but when we used the queen mattress, we had to slide the dresser down, then slide the desk until it was up against the dresser. We put the ottomans under the rod in the closet area.

Thank you so much. I'm glad to know that the air mattress will fit and will save all sorts of arguments! :thumbsup2

Couple of quick quick questions...1)When I made my reservation thru Disney, I requested Casitia's, but did not get preferred. As my mother and I will be sharing an EVC we want to be near bus stop 1. Should I call back and make my request again, in more detail? Or wait til we get there? And 2) For those who've been there recently, are the hair dryers still separate or attached to the wall? I've seen a picture on Buzz's site, but its from last year. I really like my own dryer, but the one pictured is very similar to mine. Don't want to take mine if I don't have to :)

Thanks!

Couple of quick quick questions...1)When I made my reservation thru Disney, I requested Casitia's, but did not get preferred. As my mother and I will be sharing an EVC we want to be near bus stop 1. Should I call back and make my request again, in more detail? Or wait til we get there? And 2) For those who've been there recently, are the hair dryers still separate or attached to the wall? I've seen a picture on Buzz's site, but its from last year. I really like my own dryer, but the one pictured is very similar to mine. Don't want to take mine if I don't have to :)

Thanks!

I never took the dryer out of the bag but it was hanging on a hanger and not attached to the wall.

Is all of Cabanas 9B preferred or considered business class for the lounge access? Or can a standard booking get a room there?

Thanks!

To get a room close to busstop 1 you have to book preferred or Business class. Why stop 1? Busstop 2 is the first pickup. If you get a room in Casitas 4 it is very close to that stop which is generally considered the best stop at CSR.

Is all of Cabanas 9B preferred or considered business class for the lounge access? Or can a standard booking get a room there?

All Cabanas 9B is Business class, you have to book business to get a room there. Preferred is Casitas 1, 2, & 3. There are no preferred or regular rooms in Cabanas 9b.

All Cabanas 9B is Business class, you have to book business to get a room there. Preferred is Casitas 1, 2, & 3. There are no preferred or regular rooms in Cabanas 9b.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

To get a room close to busstop 1 you have to book preferred or Business class. Why stop 1? Busstop 2 is the first pickup. If you get a room in Casitas 4 it is very close to that stop which is generally considered the best stop at CSR.

Sorry, I did mean bus stop 2, not 1. I was in a hurry when I typed my questions. We want to be in Casitas 4 or 5. When I made my request I just told them we wanted Casitas.

Also, thanks, kMarston, for the info on the hair dryer! I really don't want to mess with taking mine, but I really don't like the ones attached to wall.

What type of coffee pot will be in CSR? Also, is there pool towel service are do I need to use the ones in the room or bring my own beach towels from home?

thx

Does anyone know if you can still request/obtain a microwave? I saw it on Buzz's site, but didn't know if that was still up to date information.

Kris, no picture. You have pictures of everything. Lol

You're right ... I'm so ashamed. :worried: For some very (very) weird reason, I never took a picture of the extra bed in the room. Ugh. I think that's because we took "room" pictures before it got all messed up with luggage, etc. and the cot wasn't in our room when we first got there. We had to get it delivered.

What type of coffee pot will be in CSR? Also, is there pool towel service are do I need to use the ones in the room or bring my own beach towels from home?

thx

I don't do coffee. But here's a picture of the coffee maker in the CSR room. They're the individual "pod" type.

IMGP0446 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

You shouldn't have to worry about towels unless you particularly want yours. There are plenty of towels at The Dig Site pool, and you could just bring a room towel to the smaller quiet pools. Just call and ask for more towels if you need them.

IMGP7105 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Has anyone ever stayed at a busy time of year and had an issue finding empty chairs at the main pool? Last year we stayed at the BC in August and finding a spot to sit by SAB was a nightmare somedays...just want to be mentally prepared if that's also an issue at CSR. Last time we stayed at CSR was Oct '09 and we only made it to the main pool once. TIA.

I was there last week. The dig site pool was tough to get a lounge chair at the pool around 11:00. I did not visit the other pools. My husband commented several times saying he thought the resort was empty too. We were in 9B and I didn't see many rooms occupied.

Sorry, I did mean bus stop 2, not 1. I was in a hurry when I typed my questions. We want to be in Casitas 4 or 5. When I made my request I just told them we wanted Casitas.

I would request Casitas 4 ground floor. That would be ideal for you. If the request isn't honored when you are checking in, politely ask if it could be. Last trip to CSR we requested Casitas 4 top floor and we had paid for a waterview. When checking in they had us assigned to Casitas 5 top floor. I asked if it would be possible to honor our request, 1 min later they gave me a choice of 6 rooms to pick from! We ended up with exactly what we wanted.

I have a preferred room booked... if I.want to.be close to.a bus stop what should I request??

I have a preferred room booked... if I.want to.be close to.a bus stop what should I request??

Casitas 1 would be your best bet. The very far end of Casitas 3 is close to busstop 2, but its farther away from the main building and might make you feel like you wasted money on a preffered room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter