• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All :wave2:.
My children have said that they prefer CSR to AKL,and my husband is now saying we should have stood strong and said NO,we are not moving-i wish i had of now :sad1:.

Oh Snowy-girls! I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. I'm not sure I understand why or how since you have been booked and paid for for months.
Too bad you didn't think to take a day to think about it and go check out both resorts before you made the decision to leave. Your heart break does help me feel better about the switch I had to do from POFQ to CSR.

Now I'm sending some pixiedust: in hope that something really magical happens to make the rest of your stay even more magical. Sounds like the manager at AKL is doing his best to make you feel happy and welcome.

As far as people checking in, my guess is they will be gone before the 25th date they gave you. It sounds like it's not this week that was the problem it sounds like next week was the problem.

Again sorry for your disappointment. I hope you can find some fun stuff at AKL. I'm sure there is a lot that once you get researching you will enjoy.

:grouphug: and morepixiedust: for a:wizard: holiday that you will find your way back to :cool1::cool1:.

Try to :).

Oh Snowy-girls! I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. I'm not sure I understand why or how since you have been booked and paid for for months.
Too bad you didn't think to take a day to think about it and go check out both resorts before you made the decision to leave. Your heart break does help me feel better about the switch I had to do from POFQ to CSR.

Now I'm sending some pixiedust: in hope that something really magical happens to make the rest of your stay even more magical. Sounds like the manager at AKL is doing his best to make you feel happy and welcome.

As far as people checking in, my guess is they will be gone before the 25th date they gave you. It sounds like it's not this week that was the problem it sounds like next week was the problem.

Again sorry for your disappointment. I hope you can find some fun stuff at AKL. I'm sure there is a lot that once you get researching you will enjoy.

:grouphug: and morepixiedust: for a:wizard: holiday that you will find your way back to :cool1::cool1:.

Try to :).

Thank you.x.This is what i can't get my head around?.How on earth can they over sell the room i am in,when i can book so far out in advance back in the UK?.They knew i was booked in for 3 weeks?.Yes the last week from the 25th is/was the problem.
AKL is nice but just not for us,it's not a resort we have been interested in and would stay in,in saying that nor is Saratoga Springs.I am just so upset that there wasn't even a choice for us to stay and then they could have asked someone else who would have liked the free upgrade,it was NO you must leave :sad1:.x.

Thank you.x.This is what i can't get my head around?.How on earth can they over sell the room i am in,when i can book so far out in advance back in the UK?.They knew i was booked in for 3 weeks?.Yes the last week from the 25th is/was the problem.
AKL is nice but just not for us,it's not a resort we have been interested in and would stay in,in saying that nor is Saratoga Springs.I am just so upset that there wasn't even a choice for us to stay and then they could have asked someone else who would have liked the free upgrade,it was NO you must leave :sad1:.x.

Something doesn't add up. Hopefully the manager at AKL will find out more and make sure you enjoy AKL.
My husband said that a lot of times hotels over book (like airlines) anticipating a # of people will cancel or switch. But I'm not sure what happened and if it was just because you are on the property that it made it easier for them to approach you. It just doesn't sound very Disney for them to tell you that you have to leave when they have time to get other people.
Honestly I wonder if they are over booked how crowded and not a great stay next week would be for you. I've read the conferences make dining and pool crowded feeling. Still wish you would have not panicked and stayed the rest of the week so that you could continue to enjoy until you had to move next week.

Yes I understand you are upset, but really try to bounce back and make the best of your next 2 weeks. You can make magical moments anywhere on the property. And if Pepper Market is really that great, nothing stopping you from eating over there.:hug:

Something doesn't add up. Hopefully the manager at AKL will find out more and make sure you enjoy AKL.
My husband said that a lot of times hotels over book (like airlines) anticipating a # of people will cancel or switch. But I'm not sure what happened and if it was just because you are on the property that it made it easier for them to approach you. It just doesn't sound very Disney for them to tell you that you have to leave when they have time to get other people.
Honestly I wonder if they are over booked how crowded and not a great stay next week would be for you. I've read the conferences make dining and pool crowded feeling. Still wish you would have not panicked and stayed the rest of the week so that you could continue to enjoy until you had to move next week.

Yes I understand you are upset, but really try to bounce back and make the best of your next 2 weeks. You can make magical moments anywhere on the property. And if Pepper Market is really that great, nothing stopping you from eating over there.:hug:

Thanks again :goodvibes.
Hopefully will stop thinking soon,'we wish we were back at CSR',it's only been a couple of days.I think that's another thing i am annoyed about, at myself,for quickly saying 'well we might as well go now then',on the spur of the moment.
We are having a lovely time here in general,it just put a dampner on things,all that planning for 16 months,i will snap out of it :).
We are going back to eat there tomorrow evening :thumbsup2,as Mara really isn't anything to write home about,we ate there Saturday+tonight but won't be for the remainder of our stay.Yes the food is cooked to order,which i do like to see,but there isn't a great amount of choice.x.

Thanks again :goodvibes.
Hopefully will stop thinking soon,'we wish we were back at CSR',it's only been a couple of days.I think that's another thing i am annoyed about, at myself,for quickly saying 'well we might as well go now then',on the spur of the moment.
We are having a lovely time here in general,it just put a dampner on things,all that planning for 16 months,i will snap out of it :).
We are going back to eat there tomorrow evening :thumbsup2,as Mara really isn't anything to write home about,we ate there Saturday+tonight but won't be for the remainder of our stay.Yes the food is cooked to order,which i do like to see,but there isn't a great amount of choice.x.

Besides the resort, what other fun things have you been doing? Have you beend down to the Boardwalk? Down Town Disney? Have you tried some other resort places to eat? Did you get a chance to go to Crystal Palace Buffet?
What about fun things? Did you go over to Port Orleans and check out their food court or walk the river or better yet rent bikes or take a carriage ride?
How about a boat ride?

Did you leave the property to go to SeaWorld or anything else?
Any special plans lined up?

Curious that you are from UK, what do you think of Epcot and that area in the countries?

Would love to hear the good things you have planned for the rest of your stay as well as what you already did. Move forward honey!
So much to explore!

:hug:

Has anyone had a cake made by CSR for in-room dining? I am thinking of something for DD's Birthday next month and wonder if this is an option or if we should just arrange to do it at one of our dining reservations.

The cakes at sit downs are are very large. We didn't get one but a family of approx 6 got one at a neighboring table. More than 1/2 the cake was left when they finished. Made me happy we didn't order one for MIL BDay - the (free) cupcake she got had a candle & was plenty enough ...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

Besides the resort, what other fun things have you been doing? Have you beend down to the Boardwalk? Down Town Disney? Have you tried some other resort places to eat? Did you get a chance to go to Crystal Palace Buffet?
What about fun things? Did you go over to Port Orleans and check out their food court or walk the river or better yet rent bikes or take a carriage ride?
How about a boat ride?

Did you leave the property to go to SeaWorld or anything else?
Any special plans lined up?

Curious that you are from UK, what do you think of Epcot and that area in the countries?

Would love to hear the good things you have planned for the rest of your stay as well as what you already did. Move forward honey!
So much to explore!

:hug:

Aww you are making me feel better :goodvibes.
Our first week 3-10th aug,was spent on I-Drive,we visited Seaworld twice,went to Premium Outlets and spent lot's of $$,and we stayed one night at Hard Rock Hotel to visit Universal+Islands of Adventure.

2nd week 10-17th, CSR.have visited DTD,which we love,ate in Earl of Sandwich,Ghiradeli+Wolfgang Puck Express.
Have been to Discovery Cove,which was an amazing day.
Been to Chef Mickey's+'Ohana for Dinner.

3rd week 17-24th,
Sun 18th was mine and hubby's 12th wedding anniversary,we had breakfast at Crystal Palace,and had dinner at Be Our Guest in the evening,which was excellent,the detail is amazing.
Today was DHS.
Coming up this week,we have breakfast at Tusker House,more DTD,dinner at Rainforest Cafe in AK,EMH at Epcot(as for UK in Epcot-hmmm very strange :rolleyes1-we love the World Showcase :thumbsup2).Mini Golf at Winter/Summerland.

4th week 24-31st,
EMH at DHS,Epcot one evening then going over to the Boardwalk as we haven't done that before.Dinner at Garden Grill,Sci Fi,Cape May Cafe and T-Rex+Wishes Dessert Party.

The new FantasyLand and Storybook Circus are fab :thumbsup2.Lots more park and pool days planned.

Lows so far,
Moving from CSR to AKL.
Dd8 fell yesterday walking up the steps out of the pool,and hit her eye/cheek on the hand rail(she also had swim goggles on so probably made it worse),lifeguards were great with her,she now has a mild black eye.
Service at 'Ohana(dinner) wasn't good(but food was great).

Aww you are making me feel better :goodvibes.
Our first week 3-10th aug,was spent on I-Drive,we visited Seaworld twice,went to Premium Outlets and spent lot's of $$,and we stayed one night at Hard Rock Hotel to visit Universal+Islands of Adventure.

2nd week 10-17th, CSR.have visited DTD,which we love,ate in Earl of Sandwich,Ghiradeli+Wolfgang Puck Express.
Have been to Discovery Cove,which was an amazing day.
Been to Chef Mickey's+'Ohana for Dinner.

3rd week 17-24th,
Sun 18th was mine and hubby's 12th wedding anniversary,we had breakfast at Crystal Palace,and had dinner at Be Our Guest in the evening,which was excellent,the detail is amazing.
Today was DHS.
Coming up this week,we have breakfast at Tusker House,more DTD,dinner at Rainforest Cafe in AK,EMH at Epcot(as for UK in Epcot-hmmm very strange :rolleyes1-we love the World Showcase :thumbsup2).Mini Golf at Winter/Summerland.

4th week 24-31st,
EMH at DHS,Epcot one evening then going over to the Boardwalk as we haven't done that before.Dinner at Garden Grill,Sci Fi,Cape May Cafe and T-Rex+Wishes Dessert Party.

The new FantasyLand and Storybook Circus are fab :thumbsup2.Lots more park and pool days planned.

Lows so far,
Moving from CSR to AKL.
Dd8 fell yesterday walking up the steps out of the pool,and hit her eye/cheek on the hand rail(she also had swim goggles on so probably made it worse),lifeguards were great with her,she now has a mild black eye.
Service at 'Ohana(dinner) wasn't good(but food was great).

Sounds fabulous! now stop keeping count of the Lows and keep building on the highs. Hope Dd8 feels ok. I'm sure the ego got bruised worse than the eye, but so glad she didn't get seriously hurt.

Love the places you have been and will be going. You have quite a special vacation going for you. :banana: Can't wait to get to FantasyLand and Storybook Circus. No kids with me, just the little girl in my heart.

I'm off to bed. Get a good nights sleep so you can make some more great memories and enjoy your pixie dust moments!!!
Can't wait to hear the good stuff in your post tomorrow.

If you read my update on the fridge replacement a few pages back the answer is there. Apparently a company booked a huge convention at the last minute. They booked the entire CSR resort from Aug. 25th-28th. They must have paid a lot of money. Disney was going to upgrade all the CSR guests to a Deluxe resort.

We love CSR. It is our resort of choice. However club level savanah view at AKL is a huge upgrade. I would jump at that in a heartbeat if offered to me.

Sooo super excited leaving in just 56 more days for the most awesomest food/wine festival!!!Staying in business class :thumbsup2

Hi All :wave2:.
As some of you know i checked into CSR on August 10th for 3 weeks.Well i am now typing to you from AKL. My children have said that they prefer CSR to AKL,and my husband is now saying we should have stood strong and said NO,we are not moving-i wish i had of now :sad1:.

So sorry to hear about having to move around!!! I don't understand why you would feel that way. I am a super planner and when you think of how you want everything to go and all of a sudden that gets thrown for a loop, I would get upset also. But from your other posts it looks like you have some amazing things to come! I know everyone can try to tell you to just forget about it, but only you can know when you are okay with it! Try to think of the great times you are having, not worrying about bills or work or priorities and remember that you are in amazing place. I hope the rest of your trip turns around andyou get some pixiedust:pixiedust: throughout the rest of your time at AKL. hopefully they can figure out what happened and do the best to work with everything you wanted.

If you read my update on the fridge replacement a few pages back the answer is there. Apparently a company booked a huge convention at the last minute. They booked the entire CSR resort from Aug. 25th-28th. They must have paid a lot of money. Disney was going to upgrade all the CSR guests to a Deluxe resort.

We love CSR. It is our resort of choice. However club level savanah view at AKL is a huge upgrade. I would jump at that in a heartbeat if offered to me.

DH and I were talking about this during morning coffee. We both said in a heartbeat if I knew a conference was taking over the resort I would be out of there sooooooo fast. It must be one giant conference and the Pepper Market is going to be crazy busy as I read in another post somewhere.

Yup go with the flow and make what you get magical is our plan.

DH and I were talking about this during morning coffee. We both said in a heartbeat if I knew a conference was taking over the resort I would be out of there sooooooo fast. It must be one giant conference and the Pepper Market is going to be crazy busy as I read in another post somewhere.

Yup go with the flow and make what you get magical is our plan.

NY Life is the company taking over the resort. As soon as they leave the big car show weekend rolls in which would be alot of fun for some, but not for those who don't appreciate the cars and are looking for quiet time.

We always go Mid December through Christmas time. The last conventions usually end on Dec 15th or so until after the holiday's. So for us not likely to ever be offered an upgrade for something like this.

We're arriving at CSR at the beginning of December, and I am getting excited for our trip!

Am curious what the difference is between the Standard rooms and the Business class rooms, are they that much different? May ask what the cost would be to upgrade when we check in.

We're arriving at CSR at the beginning of December, and I am getting excited for our trip!

Am curious what the difference is between the Standard rooms and the Business class rooms, are they that much different? May ask what the cost would be to upgrade when we check in.

There isn't much difference in the room itself. You are paying for a room in Cabanas 9B which is the best location at CSR. As well you do get breakfast in the morning and snacks/drinks in the evening, but most people are paying for the location.

Can anyone tell me about the size of the window(s) in a standard room? I'm waiting to put up some decorations for Halloween when we are there!

Thanks

Can anyone tell me about the size of the window(s) in a standard room? I'm waiting to put up some decorations for Halloween when we are there!

Thanks

:lmao: That is funny.

Curious what you are doing that you need to know the size????
Is that to decide how much to bring? LOL

We're booked! October 16th-19th after a two night stay at Universal. We booked a water view with a military discount that came out to $135/night! I told the CM on the phone to write CABANAS in huge letters all over the reservation, LOL. Last time we were back in Ranchos, and while lovely, it was a hike to get anywhere within the resort.

It's a short trip, and the fact that the pool is so wonderful will keep me from having to upgrade to the WP&M option, and saves me $60. The kiddo is pretty adamant about her pool time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter