Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange how in the morning 87 days sounded soon and exciting, but now mid afternoon it seems dragged out! :confused:

on a positive note, I got my new bathing suit. I'm going to be getting that suitcase started soon. :goodvibes That would be my carry on so even if I need it before then, I'll be able to get to it easy enough. ;)
I had a friend tell me she was going to "practice packing" to see what she needs and what will fit best in her suitecase. I like that idea. :banana:
Found my first aid kit from the last time I went somewhere. I think I'll toss that in the bigger suitcase so I don't forget it.

Got some paper work done for the home front yesterday. That felt good to see it almost done and out of the way.

Best Wishes to all of you getting ready to send your babies back to school.
hmmm that's right I have to pack my college son. Well that can be a practice packing routine. :rotfl:

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Strange how in the morning 87 days sounded soon and exciting, but now mid afternoon it seems dragged out! :confused:

on a positive note, I got my new bathing suit. I'm going to be getting that suitcase started soon. :goodvibes That would be my carry on so even if I need it before then, I'll be able to get to it easy enough. ;)
I had a friend tell me she was going to "practice packing" to see what she needs and what will fit best in her suitecase. I like that idea. :banana:
Found my first aid kit from the last time I went somewhere. I think I'll toss that in the bigger suitcase so I don't forget it.

Got some paper work done for the home front yesterday. That felt good to see it almost done and out of the way.

Best Wishes to all of you getting ready to send your babies back to school.
hmmm that's right I have to pack my college son. Well that can be a practice packing routine. :rotfl:

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

That made me laugh! I used to practice pack multiple times before our trips when I was a child. For our trip last year, I couldn't as it was a surprise to the kids and packing would have been an obvious giveaway! I felt so unprepared the day I packed, hoping I could make it all fit!
My oldest baby starts kindergarten next week! I've got the tissues packed for that day!

That made me laugh! I used to practice pack multiple times before our trips when I was a child. For our trip last year, I couldn't as it was a surprise to the kids and packing would have been an obvious giveaway! I felt so unprepared the day I packed, hoping I could make it all fit!
My oldest baby starts kindergarten next week! I've got the tissues packed for that day!

Awww on the baby and tissues. I vaguely remember those days. But when we see how our babies enjoy new friends and learning, we learn to be the grown up and let go. Not easy and the tissues are needed.

Freshman year of college was super hard. I think harder than kindergarten, but my son has once again proved himself so I'm ready to let go some more.
The funny part is comments my sons have made in regard to "What you are taking a vacation? Who will be here for me?" They don't like the word independence much when we use it instead of them. LOL

:cool1: Movin on out to the vacation dance. Can't wait for the arrival sign that says "Welcome to Disney World". Ok Magic Express will have me happy dancing too. The whole Magical experience. So happy to have my BFF and her husband tag along. This is not their first Disney trip but this is their first Magical pixie dust staying at a resort. And for them without out kids too.
We are going to have soooo much fun!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:
That's the 4 of us!

The wife and I will be there (CSR) on Sept 9th thru the 15th. Hope it has slowed down some at the resort as far as conventions is concerned.

19 more days... yay!!!!

The wife and I will be there (CSR) on Sept 9th thru the 15th. Hope it has slowed down some at the resort as far as conventions is concerned.

19 more days... yay!!!!

Oh my ..... what an awesome time to be there!! Lucky you!!

I have a practice question

Is there any washing machine and soap ?
I'll be there 11days and I hope I can wash the clothes of my children ( and mine also)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Tears of joy, right? :rotfl:
My youngest would not even let me walk him in the first day of kindergarten. He knew the schools and teachers better than anyone else since he was a "PTA kid". :laughing:

I have a practice question

Is there any washing machine and soap ?
I'll be there 11days and I hope I can wash the clothes of my children ( and mine also)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is someone trying to confuse us with a practice question when clearly they are already at the resort if you look at the dancing banana?

Hope you are having a marvelous time!!!

19 more days... yay!!!!

Ooh, we're there from Sept 8th thru the 15th :) Although we leave home in 7 days for our month long trip to the USA! So excited!

Okay, this resort looks so pretty. I was kinda turned away by it from reading reviews on TripAdvisor..which a lot of those are kinda lame anyway, "I traveled on 4th of July weekend and there was no parking, it was so crowded!" Not related to CSR but you know what I mean.. :rolleyes:

Who out there loves this resort?!?!

Okay, this resort looks so pretty. I was kinda turned away by it from reading reviews on TripAdvisor..which a lot of those are kinda lame anyway, "I traveled on 4th of July weekend and there was no parking, it was so crowded!" Not related to CSR but you know what I mean.. :rolleyes:

No I don't know what you mean. :duck:
I'm ignoring reviews and gonna make the decision for myself.
I was originally staying at POFQ and moved for free dining.
The CM commented "are you like most people and only there to sleep" in regard to a comment I made about the FD resorts being crowded vs us taking room only discount. When I originally looked at this resort in January when making reservations I wasn't interested, but the more I look at pictures and the more I read, I think it will be beautiful and just what we need.

I can't say I love the resort yet because I haven't been there, but I would be surprised if I didn't love any of the resorts. They are not home and they all have a magical something about them.
But I'm pretty convinced I'll have a magical time. I don't have to have everything and be in the "best of" to have a wonderful time. :banana:
It's all in the attitude and appreciating what is available.

Ok one thing I ask/hope for.....
If you are there and in my building, when you decide you want to get up at the crack of dawn to eat and be at rope drop, please remember when you walk by my room I might not have the same plans. :)

It's by far the best moderate, so much so I don't put it in a category with the others, it's more like a moderate +. In my opinion it's the best value on property. The Dig Site is amazing, and the fact that you can get food right next to the pool for lunch and dinner is fantastic. I love the fact that you don't share a bus with anyone, that is a huge plus for me. I had a terrible experience with the buses at the Port Orleans last year, I wished so badly we would have gone back to the CSR instead.

Yes, the resort is huge and spread out, which tends to be most people's complaints, but it never feels crowded, it's always quiet, and if you don't mind walking, (Hello! You are at Disney World!), it's really not an issue.

Yes, the resort is huge and spread out, which tends to be most people's complaints, but it never feels crowded, it's always quiet, and if you don't mind walking, (Hello! You are at Disney World!), it's really not an issue.

This is always my question, you are at Disney World, you are going to walk all over the parks but are concerned your room isn't right beside the lobby? I am always confused when I are that.

This is always my question, you are at Disney World, you are going to walk all over the parks but are concerned your room isn't right beside the lobby? I am always confused when I are that.

Me too! But then again I don't mind walking. I'm not in a rush I'm on vacation.

:cool1:

I am only concerned about how close I am to the lobby because I will be the one carrying breakfast for 5 every morning. ;)
I am one who had to switch for FD. But the more I learn about the resort, the more I think we are going to enjoy it.

I don't get when people say CSR is huge and spread out - compared to what! :) I was preparing for the worst after booking 17 days there last year, thinking it may be too much for some of our group who don't have such good mobility but none of our party with ages from 30's to 60's thought the resort was that big :confused3

We really loved CSR and as Crostorfer says the resort never felt crowded, 98% of the time our buses to the parks were half empty and when we did eat on site there was always plenty of room in the Pepper Market. Can't wait to go come back and spend time at CSR :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter