• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the buffet is good but we are not used to paying 14.99 (I think the price ) for the amount of breakfast we eat. We were on the DDP and so it was a GREAT deal for us but not sure we would do it OOP.

CSR will do there very best to find a room where you will be happy. We love the casiitas. However do realize that it is possible they could be booked solid and you may have to have the choice of taking the room they have or not staying there. Unlikely, but it can happen. I think for all future trips we are just going to pay to request a preferred room so we are assure of the building we want. I would not be happy in Ranchos either.

We'll stay at CSR for the first time at the end of the month. Found this thread very informative. I requested Cabanas when I booked but would be fine with Casitas. I'll stoutly refuse if they try to put us in Ranchos!

Question about Pepper Market: Is the breakfast buffet any good and worth the money? We pay OOP.

The breakfast buffet is excellent. We were on the DP so never thought about the price, but it's probably $10-$12 for a good breakfast on property anyway so $14.99 is only a couple bucks more ad you can sample numerous different things. If you just want a bowl of cereal you can get that at Cafe Rix.

can you believe for this trip next month, hubby is requesting ranchos, 7B? (aarrghh!). he really likes the theming, and he loves the look of the quiet pool. and it's close to the dig site, which he likes to get to early in the morning, when it's quiet. so all of you there the first week of may who DON'T want the Ranchos, you can thank us!!;)

anyway, yes, you can always nicel ask the check in CM, "um, what else have you got?"

Me, me, me!:rotfl: I'll be there May 5th-12th and am hoping and praying for a first floor somewhere in the Cabanas (preferably 8A). As I said before, I really detest the Ranchos.:rotfl:

So is the walkway open now? Someone mentioned that it was closed for 1/2 their visit; but I was wondering which half!

It was still closed when we left on 4/4 and did not look like it would open any time soon. They cut out the concrete the first day they closed the path...it remained closed but aft the first day we did not see anyone actively working in the area.

It was a minor inconvenience mostly for tired kid legs and it added a few minutes to our walk between the pool and the Ranchos. But an extra few minutes of walking at CSR? I love the walk most of the time. Just more lizards to count with the kids on the way.

I have read that there is an internal shuttle at CSR that will transport you from one place to another at this resort.

Can anyone tell me if this is still available. I would presume it is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time to be able to catch this shuttle.

Thanks for any information.

When I made my original booking back at the end of march CSR was not available but when I checked at the start of this month if was available again. So loving CSR as much as I do I had to change my booking from POR to CSR. And I am so glad I did. Feel like I'm getting ready to go home.

I have read that there is an internal shuttle at CSR that will transport you from one place to another at this resort.

Can anyone tell me if this is still available. I would presume it is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time to be able to catch this shuttle.

We did not see any shuttle service when we were there 3/29-4/4. I believe this is only the case when there are large conventions on property and it is offered to help convention guests get to the meeting facilities but they do take anyone when this is true. I have seen the shuttle service many times when we go in January.

It's the resort Disney buses. At each bus stop there is a map of the bus resort's bus route. If memory serves me right, all but DTD stop at El Centro last, but the DTD buses stop there first.

If my thinking is correct, then you can hop on any theme park bus from the village bus stops to get to El Centro. If you are at El Centro and want to go to your village, then hop on the DTD bus. Please check the signs at the bus stops. I could be wrong.

Hello All!! My wife, son, and I will be staying the week of June 4th for son's 10th birthday. My wife really likes the looks of the Casitas but we want to be near the main pool. Have any of you all stayed in Casitas 5??? We booked a water view room. Should we call and make a request for Casitas 5? Is this something we can negotiate when we check in on that Monday? If we can get this specific room it will make the wife happy, and our son will be happy because he will be close to the main pool. Thanks for any advice or opinions.

. My wife really likes the looks of the Casitas but we want to be near the main pool. We booked a water view room. .

a water view room could be facing a fountain or the lake -not necessarily a pool.

but am curious if you can request a change when they are checking you in

Hello All!! My wife, son, and I will be staying the week of June 4th for son's 10th birthday. My wife really likes the looks of the Casitas but we want to be near the main pool. Have any of you all stayed in Casitas 5??? We booked a water view room. Should we call and make a request for Casitas 5? Is this something we can negotiate when we check in on that Monday? If we can get this specific room it will make the wife happy, and our son will be happy because he will be close to the main pool. Thanks for any advice or opinions.

Casitas 4 and 5 are non-preferred rooms, and they are not too far from the main pool. If you would like a particular section, you should call and have it noted on your reservation. If you are assigned another section, you can ask to be moved. They will try to accommodate you if they have a room available, but there are only two casitas buildings that are non-preferred, so it is possible that they will not be able to grant your request. You can guarantee casitas (in theory) by booking a preferred room - preferred rooms are only casitas 1, 2 and 3 - but they are about ten minutes to the main pool.

Water view at CSR could be a view of the lake, the fountains, or the quiet pools. There are no rooms that overlook the main pool.

We were there this past week. We saw the "shuttles" which are motorized golf carts with about 3-4 rows of seats and a cargo area on the back.

They zoomed all over the place, always passing us as we were walking to/from El Centro or our room. Not once did anyone stop and ask if we needed a ride.

On our final day, we checked out first thing in the morning and took a bus to Animal Kingdom. When we were done later that afternoon, we took a bus back to CSR and got off at stop #1 (btw, the buses stop at stops #2, 3, 4, and 1 when coming back from a park) to go to Panchito's to pick up a few items.

We were dead tired from walking all over Animal Kingdom and knew the walk to our car in the 8B parking lot would be a little longer than we wanted to walk (we had two small kids with us). I went to Bell Services and requested a ride to our car. The guy there seemed a little reluctant, but I supposed the Disney service ethic kicked in and he volunteered to give us a lift. After he dropped us off, I tipped him $3 for the effort.

So, the shuttles do exist, but I guess unless you make an obvious effort to flag one down, they just don't stop.

We were there this past week. We saw the "shuttles" which are motorized golf carts with about 3-4 rows of seats and a cargo area on the back.

They zoomed all over the place, always passing us as we were walking to/from El Centro or our room. Not once did anyone stop and ask if we needed a ride.

On our final day, we checked out first thing in the morning and took a bus to Animal Kingdom. When we were done later that afternoon, we took a bus back to CSR and got off at stop #1 (btw, the buses stop at stops #2, 3, 4, and 1 when coming back from a park) to go to Panchito's to pick up a few items.

We were dead tired from walking all over Animal Kingdom and knew the walk to our car in the 8B parking lot would be a little longer than we wanted to walk (we had two small kids with us). I went to Bell Services and requested a ride to our car. The guy there seemed a little reluctant, but I supposed the Disney service ethic kicked in and he volunteered to give us a lift. After he dropped us off, I tipped him $3 for the effort.

So, the shuttles do exist, but I guess unless you make an obvious effort to flag one down, they just don't stop.

Hmm, interesting. I had someone else tell me that the shuttles were no more. I'm glad to hear that they are still in use, even if it may be sporadic. I don't imagine my partner and I will need or want to use them as neither of us have any health issues but if we ever get to come back with the kids, it may be a nice thing at the end of a long night.

Thanks everyone for the input. :)

we are returning to CSR for my DD sweet 16 birthday. Last time we went I was 7 months pregnant with my now 12 year old! I know we have a water view room, but after reading some posts realize this could mean a myriad of things. Anything I should request specifically? Last time we stayed we were in Cabanas 8 and it was wonderful being close to the bus stop. Now that the kids are older and able to walk I am thinking a quieter spot might be preferred. Any thoughts? Would love to hear others' feedback and opinions! Thanks =) :love:

We will be arriving at CSR in 52 days!!! It will be our 2nd trip to CSR...love this resort!! :goodvibes

we are returning to CSR for my DD sweet 16 birthday. Last time we went I was 7 months pregnant with my now 12 year old! I know we have a water view room, but after reading some posts realize this could mean a myriad of things. Anything I should request specifically? Last time we stayed we were in Cabanas 8 and it was wonderful being close to the bus stop. Now that the kids are older and able to walk I am thinking a quieter spot might be preferred. Any thoughts? Would love to hear others' feedback and opinions! Thanks =) :love:

The ranchos are the quietest, but I think the prettiest area is the casitas. We like the cabanas best, though, since they are close to the Dig Site and not that far from the main building. Not very helpful, I know . . .

Last time we stayed we were in Cabanas 8 and it was wonderful being close to the bus stop. Now that the kids are older and able to walk I am thinking a quieter spot might be preferred. Any thoughts? Would love to hear others' feedback and opinions! Thanks =) :love:

The wife and I usually have a rental :car: so we prefer the quite and peaceful area that are offered at the Ranchos 7B with the quite pool. With teens, they might prefer the Cabanas 8 A or Ranchos because of the pool and dig site with the slide.
Even when we walked to the El Centro it was not as bad as many make it out to be. We are both over 65 and not had a problem the the distances. Its not like being in the parks all day. What ever you close I 'm sure you will love it. I'm pleased that so many like the other area, it makes getting our request each time. :thumbsup2

At resort now, buses have been great for me to and from. Does not even seem like there are a lot of people here. Very happy with CM. Sad to be going home tomorrow.

I am so bummed, we had to change our dates for our trip and now the only thing availbale is waterview. I just can't spend the extra $ for the waterview so we are now booked at CBR.
What are the chances a regular room will open during the free dining dates?

Request either Casitas or Ranchos. The Ranchos are very quiet. But, close to the Dig Site. Casitas 5 has a water fountain. If you don't like your room location, just ask if anything else is available. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter