Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not realized that the Peppermarket is now a buffet for breakfast and lunch.

My DH and I are headed to CSR on April 21....question is this:

I had read that in the past, you were able to get a meal from the Peppermarket and eat it outside. Is this still true at the breakfast buffet? Can we fill a plate and eat it outside?

Not sure if I like the idea of $14 per adult for breakfast!!!

I had not realized that the Peppermarket is now a buffet for breakfast and lunch.

I had read that in the past, you were able to get a meal from the Peppermarket and eat it outside. Is this still true at the breakfast buffet? Can we fill a plate and eat it outside?

I did not see anyone taking their food to go.. nor did I ask to. There were no more trays or food containers out, that I saw at least. I have to admit, I missed eating outside for breakfast.

The price for breakfast was $14,99 per person plus tax and there is also suggested gratuity...they seat you and a waitress brings beverages...I did not see anyone taking trays to go...not to say you can't, I just didn't see anyone doing it...because it is a buffet people were going back and forth more more food or courses whih would be more of a hassle if you were sitting outside..

You cannot take breakfast or lunch to go. You can still take dinner to go. Cafe Rix has some breakfast items. I think the buffet will be much more popular with convention people than with leisure guests - CSR may need to increase breakfast options at Cafe Rix for leisure guests. We rarely eat breakfast at the resort, though, unless we eat food we brought in our room. Convention people would be likely to eat at PM every day.

We are headed to CSR in a couple of weeks - do they provide microwaves on request?

Thanks!:flower3:

Yes, you can ask at check in. They are first come, first served, and there is no charge for a microwave.

Not at breakfast or lunch anymore. I was there Nov 26th-Dec 4th when the change was made. I got my favorite fruit plate to go one day for lunch and took it back to the Cabanas quiet pool (next to my room) to eat and read. The very next day (Dec 4th), not knowing it was changing to a buffet, I tried to do the same thing. The CM at the check in desk informed me that they were no longer doing carryout for breakfast or lunch. I told her I had just done it the day before. She told me it had changed to a buffet that very day and they now could only do take out for dinner.:mad:

You cannot take breakfast or lunch to go. You can still take dinner to go. Cafe Rix has some breakfast items. I think the buffet will be much more popular with convention people than with leisure guests - CSR may need to increase breakfast options at Cafe Rix for leisure guests. We rarely eat breakfast at the resort, though, unless we eat food we brought in our room. Convention people would be likely to eat at PM every day.

Thanks everyone for your replies about breakfast. You guys are the best and this thread has been so helpful in getting me psyched up about our upcoming stay at CSR! We will be arriving in 1 week, 1 day!! Can't wait!! :cool1: :cool1:

First time staying on Disney property in a smidge under 3 weeks, therefore first time at Coronado Springs.

Trivial question, does anyone who what the hours of the pool(s) are? No kids, strong swimmers so no need for lifeguard, just when can we swim? I like to swim early in the morning to burn some calories..

First time staying on Disney property in a smidge under 3 weeks, therefore first time at Coronado Springs.

Trivial question, does anyone who what the hours of the pool(s) are? No kids, strong swimmers so no need for lifeguard, just when can we swim? I like to swim early in the morning to burn some calories..

I think the Dig Site pool opens at 10a.m. and the water slide there closes at 9p.m. Not sure what time the pool itself closes.

as an add on to the pool question....

I know you can swim at your own risk after the lifeguards are off duty but can you also swim at your own risk before they're on duty, say 8am?

as an add on to the pool question....

I know you can swim at your own risk after the lifeguards are off duty but can you also swim at your own risk before they're on duty, say 8am?

I like to swim before breakfast, say 6:30am time. I'm hardly going to be making a noise swimming 25-30 widths to burn off some calories. Would they be open to do that that early in the morning..

I like to swim before breakfast, say 6:30am time. I'm hardly going to be making a noise swimming 25-30 widths to burn off some calories. Would they be open to do that that early in the morning..

I'm thinking you will be fine to do the quiet pools, but not the main pool.

The casitas section has a lap pool. It might meet your needs better than the Dig Site. The quiet pools are always open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts