• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coolest Thing at WDW it took you several trips to find...

It took us several trips to find out about the phone booths outside the UK pavilion in Epcot receiving incoming calls, and the phone # associated with each phone. It was fun to place a call to one of them while our kids were standing right next to the booth, not knowing we were the ones calling. They thought it was Disney magic. Sadly, I read that Disney disabled the incoming calls a couple of years ago.

I second the a Hippy Dippy pool afternoon activities and ping pong! We didn't try it the first couple trips. Also the outdoor movies at the Resorts and the marshmallow roasts at POFQ.

At Epcot the play area at the exit of Mission Space. Great indoor, A/C place for me to rest my feet while the kid plays.

Scoop - In MK there is a special CM on Main Street named Scoop who trades sometimes super special pins. He is so sweet and fun!

The long lovely boat trip to Wilderness campgrounds, so relaxing and fun. Also the boat from POR to DTD, so enjoyable not really hidden but not always well known. At AK I stepped down onto a loading platform on the river (from when there were river boats?) I was the only one around and called my mom on Mothers Day. I felt like I had the whole river to myself. I sat and had a danish and coffee, it was like I was the only person at Animal Kingdom.

The waterparks! Especially Typhoon Lagoon. It took 3 trips before we decided to check it out and wish we would have done it sooner. We plan on visiting TL at least twice next trip! :)

Love the recommendation to spend more pool time. I only have half a day at the pool now I think I will try to fit in some more. It's just such a hassle to get the kids showered after (their skin is sensitive) I kind of want to skip it :) but I will find more time now!

Board Walk at night with the acts, having a Bloody Mary on the balcony of the Belle Vue Lounge, listening to the 30s and 40s radio programs inside the BVL.

Bill From PA

Not hidden, but Flights of Wonder was overlooked by us for several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter