Coolest Thing at WDW it took you several trips to find...

finedice

DIS Veteran
What are some of the hidden gems at WDW you have found that you didn't know existed until at least your second or third trip?

For instance, it wasn't until our third week long trip that we found the cool stream and wooden walkway that runs along the back of the Canada pavilion in EPCOT. It was very quiet and there was almost no one there. It offers a nice quiet escape from an otherwise crowded park day, with a pond and garden at one end, and a waterfall at the other. Now we spend some time back there on every trip!

I didn't see La Fontaine de Cendrillon in the Castle Courtyard until my 4th WDW visit! I guess I always plowed through the Castle back in the day looking straight ahead at the Carousel and Dumbo.

:D:D
We were lucky enough to have found this the first time ever in (then MGM). We have compiled over 30 drawings each over the years now. We often do back-to-back-to-back "classes" now if we can get into the one opening when we exit.

Wow- 30 drawings each! We are proud of our 4 drawings each:-)
I can't draw a stick person; however, their instructions so simple that even I have success lol.
I like your idea of getting a class in before you exit- that way you don't have to carry your artwork around all day:D
Fun thread.

After seven trips, I discovered "One Man's Dream" at DHS. The WDW website describes it as a "multimedia gallery exhibit of rare artifacts and an inpiring 15-minute film bringing the story of Walt Disney to life." I found it fascinating. The friend I was with found it sort of boring (gasp!), so we ended up leaving after about 30 minutes. But I could easily have spent another hour there - we didn't even get to watch the film!

One of our favorite places is the path beside Mexico pyramid. There are gobs and gobs of beautiful orchids and bromeliads. My husband would spend an hour there taking pictures if I let him.

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Again, not really hidden, but just never got around to it. Really neat way to feel like you've stepped out of the park and into the story.

And not exactly hidden again, but were surprised to discover how much we loved AoA resort! Think we may have a hard time not staying there every single trip.

And not exactly hidden again, but were surprised to discover how much we loved AoA resort!

About to try my first ever value resort at Pop on a split stay trip in April. Purposely booked a room in the 60's to be close enough to walk to AoA for eats - the food court menu looks phenominal!

After seven trips, I discovered "One Man's Dream" at DHS. The WDW website describes it as a "multimedia gallery exhibit of rare artifacts and an inpiring 15-minute film bringing the story of Walt Disney to life." I found it fascinating. The friend I was with found it sort of boring (gasp!), so we ended up leaving after about 30 minutes. But I could easily have spent another hour there - we didn't even get to watch the film!

The film is good, try to see it next time. Anyone who is interested in Walt Disney and some general history of the company should visit this exhibit. For those just interested in rides, I could see how they might find it boring :earsboy:

The train room at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge- off one end of the lobby area- it contains the train Walt used to drive around his yard that made him want a park with a train that goes all the way around as well as some other little treasures. It is often empty and a great place to relax as well.

We found the quiet courtyards/gardens behind the United Kingdom after several trips!!! It has benches, beautiful scenery, and a quiet relaxing atmosphere. Great place to rest up a bit!

I probably shouldn't mention this just in case I can't get my seat again but I will - the 2nd little street to the right on Main street in MK has a couple of benches to relax on. I like to grab some ice cream, find a seat and relax. The folks who do the shadow portraits are usually set up at the beginning of that street.

I only found the area a couple of trips ago, it seems like I was always rushing past it.

The International Gateway at Epcot and the Boardwalk area.

We booked the same resort the first two visits and we didn't really start looking at other resort maps until our third visit when we decided to stay someplace new.

We also discovered Sum of All Thrills on our third trip which is one of my families favourite rides.

We found the quiet courtyards/gardens behind the United Kingdom after several trips!!! It has benches, beautiful scenery, and a quiet relaxing atmosphere. Great place to rest up a bit!
Yes! This is a lovely area. My kids found a 'maze' here a couple of years ago. Now we always visit here, even if just for a few minutes.

The beautiful and usually peaceful hill garden in Japan behind the Pagoda. I now make a point to walk it every trip, after discovering this gem in 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter