"Cool Straight People"

HappyLawyer said:
ps. the fashion comment was not a sterotype, it is just what i have found to be true with all the gay, bi, lesbian friends i have had througout my life.

haha! Not ALL! Sadly, I need my husband to dress me. The last trime I tired to buy cloths for myself I was looking for dress pants. Some how I came home with a pair of tappered black jeans. After seeing the reaction from family and friends I have never bought cloths for myself again. :rolleyes1

MEGA CSP here!
trippy.gif

True North said:
haha! Not ALL! Sadly, I need my husband to dress me. The last trime I tired to buy cloths for myself I was looking for dress pants. Some how I came home with a pair of tappered black jeans. After seeing the reaction from family and friends I have never bought cloths for myself again. :rolleyes1

First off you are probably just spoiled, it's ok my boyfriend calls me spoiled and tells me i act like a girly girl all the time, i accept the spoiled comment. But what you said made me laugh, when i was in college i worked at a daycare center( i think everyone works at a daycare cented during their life time) anyway there was a gay couple, interracial, black and white and they had a son. I asked the son what to call them when they come in one is called dad the other is called pop, ok so the white one, can't remember if he is dad or pop always smelled so good, he had the best cologne, i would always go up and just sniff him, he got the biggest kick out of it, one day i told him, i can't wait to meet the other half and smell him too. He told me, i wouldn't sniff him if i were you, he has no sense of smell when it comes to cologne, i guess he wore just mist type fragrances.

Here's another CSP! I have plenty of gay friends and family. My children have known what 'gay' means since they were tiny. That cousin Ed would marry and man or cousin Gwen would marry a woman some day. It's normal. You never know who you might marry until you fall in love and that LOVE IS NEVER WRONG!!!!! :love:
I think the gay community is beautiful and I support the cause whenever I can. The GLCC in Fort Lauderdale sees me almost on a regular basis.
I think it is terrible that grown people can not live their own lives the way they see fit. It is NO ONES business what another adult does in their bedroom.
Keep up the good fight and know sssoooo many CSP are behind you! :cheer2:

Hey as a CSP, I just want to say this is a cool thread and thanks :thumbsup2 I can't imagine my life without my gay and lesbian friends in it. You guys and gals are the best. :thumbsup2

We need to keep on advocating for equality and rights, because what affects one group, ulitimately affects us all.

Ok, 56 year old married heterosexual female here, right wing, pentacostal, born again Christian. I am also a Nurse and mother of 5. I have dedicated my life to caring for others. My heart melts when I see anyone who adopts a child, to love and care for. I have been a hospice nurse, and have cared for several gay men dying from AIDS. I loved them, and felt honored to be able to share the last days of their lives.
My dd was involved in the Miss America system, and I developed loving friendships with gay men. My dear friend, Tony, who was DD's make up artist, was the sweetest person I ever knew. He died very unexpectedly as did his partner, and it still brings me to tears.
I don't know if I am cool, but I do know that I am a loving person, who believes it is wrong to judge others.
I had been to Gay Day at MK several times by accident, and I found the people there were just delightful. There was no yelling, or fighting, just people having fun.
BLessings to all.

I'm from Southern California, a proud, liberal, single mom who has taught her daughter women can stand on their own two feet and anyone can be a family.

I continue to work on political campaigns that view equal rights as a priority. As far as my friends whether they are gay or straight, well, they're my friends and I love them all dearly!

WOW....I'm not one to usually brag or anything :rolleyes: ...but I think I could consider myself a CSP...I'm not sure my DD's would consider me cool, but in this case I think its okay! What a great thread... :confused3

OH...and Mister Disney, I have followed your posts since I first registered...you are like a celebrity to me(for some reason I remember your posts and you more than anyone else on these boards)...I think I have enjoyed every post I have ever read of yours... :)

Can I say it again?? I LOVE these boards!

mickeymousemom said:
OH...and Mister Disney, I have followed your posts since I first registered...you are like a celebrity to me(for some reason I remember your posts and you more than anyone else on these boards)...I think I have enjoyed every post I have ever read of yours... :)

I'm the same way!! I have never actually talked to Mister Disney, but his posts on the restuarant board is half the reason I want to go to WDW. It is his stories that made me come back, and am some how now a regular poster.

True North said:
I'm the same way!! I have never actually talked to Mister Disney, but his posts on the restuarant board is half the reason I want to go to WDW. It is his stories that made me come back, and am some how now a regular poster.

I think I need to start going over to the restaurant board again.

True North's baby is adorable. What a sweetheart! Such a blessed baby to have a loving family. Here's a big KISS on the cheek for you!! :love:

bsusanmb said:
True North's baby is adorable. What a sweetheart! Such a blessed baby to have a loving family. Here's a big KISS on the cheek for you!! :love:

Awww! Thank you very much! I need a new pic soon though. Time to show off that he now has hair :)

True North said:

YES! The restaurant boards! Thats where I remember him from the most(excuse my excitement, but I have just begun posting again after several months and certain things are just now coming back to me...I missed this place!)...

Mister Disney has handed out many a good tip and review if I remember right...thanks Mister Disney, you truly are a HUGE asset to these boards :worship:

True North said:
Awww! Thank you very much! I need a new pic soon though. Time to show off that he now has hair :)

Can't wait to see a newer pic of your little guy. How old will he be when you go to WDW this fall? I think he'll have an awesome time...my DD has been 4 times and she's only two and a half. I think the time she got the most fun out of the characters was when she was about 17 months old...she LOVED them. When we went in October(just turned two) she was already scared of all of them but Mickey and Minnie. Take lots of pictures, the memories will be amazing. They grow WAAAYYY too fast!

43 year old divorced (very bad marriage) female here....I hope I am a CSP...although one of the girls who quit working here told everyone I was gay. So what does that make me besides confused?

Okay...the ONE gay person who works here....I am the ONLY one he has come out to (this is a Southern police department)...so....maybe I am a CSP...gosh I hope so!

Meezers, you sound pretty cool to me!

Mickeymousemom, Mark will be right around 2 when we go. The date isn't set in stone yet becuase of work issues, so I'm not exactly sure. We will probably go early November which would be a few weeks past his 2nd birthday. I'm not too worried about characters. Mark isn't scared of anything! (Which isn't the best situation in the world. If he was scared of fast moving cars, or dogs three times his size that are barking I would feel a lot better.) But of course, a lot can change in the next 9 months, so who knows what adventures will come up.

TrueNorth,
I have no doubt you'll have a grand time! 2 Was also the time that Brennyn seemed to get more out of the trip. Also, We went to the princess bfast in Norway and she did fine. It seemed the "human" characters didn't bother her. At any rate, this age is such a wonderful time to take them and see their reactions on everything. She had a wonderful time on so many of the rides as I'm sure your little one will too. We had so much more fun watching her than doing anything else.....Have a GREAT TIME!

True North said:

Just wait until he has a very full head of hair on him, and you look back at those pictures and remember that age :) :goodvibes.

True North - your baby is so ADORABLE!! :love:

I am straight and in my early 20's and I agree w/the other posters who said that being gay in a non issue for my generation. I used to work at a retail store and there were more gay guys working there than straight. I think people my age have grown up knowing what gay was and seeing gay people in the media so its not a big deal. When we hear someone say "did you know so and so is gay??"- its like "umm..ok so what?" :rotfl: I'm more interesting in getting to know a person than giving them some label.

-Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter