"Cool Straight People"

True North

Mouseketeer
When Will and I were getting reading to bring Mark into our lives, I think I read the blog about a gay couples adventures in getting a baby from Gay.com about a million times. One great artical was about what the author called Cool Straight People or CSPs, which waw about all the wonderful straight people that helped the GLTB community become better intergated with mainstream society, and allow us to life our lives in peace. This is especially important to gay families as children need even more support from the community as a whole.

I am very lucky to have so many CSPs in my life. Between family, friends, and community members, so many have made Mark and my life so easy and acepted. Whether it is my sister taking over the job of "a woman's voice" to my son as he gets older, or the babysitter that talks about the diffrent styles of families, we are lucky enough to have a huge support system and live a great life. :goodvibes

As I have read through this board I have noticed a huge amount of CSPs that post on this board. It seems as if every thread has at least one person saying they're not gay but hope for the best in our lifes. I just wanted to say a big thankyou to all those people. Thank you for the support you give. It is only throught the suport of the majority that people in the minority can have the rights they diserve. Whether it is your support for equal-marriage, teaching your children that diversity is not something to be feared, or just being open minded to people of a diffrent lifestyle, I wanted you to know how much it means to us.

Hey there! I'm a CSP with gay family and friends. I have four kids and I try my hardest to teach them that all people are different and to accept them all. It's pretty hard in today's society. I've been to Orlando during Gay Days and it was kind of nice to see couples out and about doing the "normal" things that are hidden most of the time. I'm all for happy people that are comfortable with themselves, gay or straight!

Congratulations on Mark!

What a GREAT idea for a thread!! Yes.. Thank you, thank you to you all!!

Kathy

True North said:
As I have read through this board I have noticed a huge amount of CSPs that post on this board. It seems as if every thread has at least one person saying they're not gay but hope for the best in our lifes. I just wanted to say a big thankyou to all those people. Thank you for the support you give. It is only throught the suport of the majority that people in the minority can have the rights they diserve. Whether it is your support for equal-marriage, teaching your children that diversity is not something to be feared, or just being open minded to people of a diffrent lifestyle, I wanted you to know how much it means to us.
Here Here!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Noah for that statement. :cheer2:

Here's to all the Cool Straight People on DIS and in the World! :drinking1:

Stacerita said:
CSP.......Yippie :cheer2: I didn't know I had my own acronym.
:rotfl2:

Me either!! I have never been to these boards, but as a straight person who advocates for equal rights (and who rocks her liberal bumper stickers with pride), I was interested to see what was going on- congratulations on Mark!!! How wonderful for you! :yay:

After all the horrible things people have been saying on the Gay Day threads I have been really ashamed of some of the straight people around here. I wanted to apologize for their behavior, but it occurred to me that the gay DISers already KNOW they have many straight allies and that those with all the ugly comments do NOT speak for all of us.

I adore my gay friends and I can't wait to experience WDW with our two very best gay friends in August. DS9 thinks his "uncles" are the most amazing men he knows. That's why we do our best to advocate for gay rights, speak up against intolerance, support companies with high diversity ratings (DH's company has a 100%!), pledge our money and our time to make the US a more welcoming place for GLBT citizens. I have yet to meet a gay or lesbian person who refuses to be my friend based on the fact that I am straight. There are plenty of straight people who could learn from that attitude!

Thank you to the gay DISers for sharing your stories, your photos, etc. You give a face and voice to the "cause" to people who might not think much about it otherwise. Not a day goes by that I don't wish for equality for all of you. You deserve every legal right a straight couple has. I hate that people have to make it a political issue. It is an issue of humanity. You all have my respect and my admiration! I hope that with all of us working together we can make a difference! :)

Oooh ... I see cool straight people on the DIS! I agree - thank you to all the people that say such nice things and support us. A couple weeks ago I posted a reply to one of the Gay Days threads and I thanked all the folks that wrote positive comments. The negative statements were very hurtful and frustrating (it was so bad that the whole thread was deleted) but they were far out weighed by the kind an sensitive ones. :thumbsup2 Thank you all!!

I just had to say.... OMG, Mark is a cutie!!! I think I'd spend half my day blowing raspberries on those cheeks just to watch him giggle. :)

pezpam said:
I just had to say.... OMG, Mark is a cutie!!! I think I'd spend half my day blowing raspberries on those cheeks just to watch him giggle. :)

:rotfl2: I was thinking the same thing!!! I'm having major baby envy right now!

I've met LOTS of CSP here on the DIS

Two people who come to mind immediately are

jackskellingtonsgirl :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 who joined us for Nosh Around the World

and Deb in IA, who along with her family joined Kevin and I on the Backstage Steam Train Tour!

WAY TO GO PEOPLE!!!! :love1: :love1: :love1:

I've been lucky: most of my best guy friends are straight men. When I came out five years ago the reactions ranged from "Oh, okay..." to "Get over yourself. We KNEW!" I was 24, which should indicate how my generation (and the next one) views homosexuality as a non-issue.

Thank you to all the CSP who make our lives more tolerable and there are many of you on this board.

Yes, thank you to all the CSP ! I cant wait for the time we will only have to say CP (cool people) !

And good to see a fellow Montréaler on the Dis. There are not a lot of us here !
(and I am french on top of that , I think I am the only one !)

Does one have to be "cool" to be a cool straight person? I am straight, and a person, but I fear I'm not cool. Never was a cool kid. Kinda geeky, in fact. But as for gay issues, it's all about love. There's enough ugliness in this world without telling people who they can and can't love.

Happy Valentine's Day, all!

kpk89 said:
But as for gay issues, it's all about love. There's enough ugliness in this world without telling people who they can and can't love.

Happy Valentine's Day, all!
THAT MAKES YOU A :cool: COOL STRAIGHT PERSON :cool: IN MY BOOK!

Well, I am gonna take a chance and maybe end out on a limb all by myself dangling...

But here goes, I don't know how "cool" I am, I am straight, married to a wonderful man for 21 and a half years. I have many wonderful gays friends, most of whom I know from meeting at WDW. I dated a guy I met in church,when I lived in Texas, we were even engaged. Broke up after about a year on good terms, I moved to Florida and he moved out of his closet. We remained the very best of friends, until his death about a year after coming out, from AIDS. It broke my heart and I still miss him very much.

I say all that to preface this, most if not all my gay friends, know where I stand on homosexuality. I am a southern Baptist. Need I say more. HOWEVER!! (put your stones down!!) We simply agree to disagree and are still the greatest of friends. You see I may not agree with you 100%, and you may not agree with me 100%, that's ok, as long as we can agree to disagree and not become hateful or biggoted on either side. I have seen and experienced it on both sides. I'm sure we all have.

In my heart I believe what I believe and I have no doubt Gays feel the exact same way. I just wish it were safer and more frindlier in how we disagree. I wish all peace and happiness. We may not agree on how to get there. But I hope we can agree to live together in peace without bashing. I hope I have made some sence, And I truely hope I won't get bashed for who and what I am. I know I have opened myself up to hurt, and I hope no one takes advantage of that. I lurk on this board alot, and sometimes I too get aggravated at how things are said. But ultimately I think the bigger picture is that we are all indiviuals and have deep convictions and feelings, all of which we are entitled too, whether they are the same or not. I lurk so I may better understand and be more educated when I speak with someone who is gay. It is my desire to understand and learn how to language my thoughts with feelings of love and understanding, not hate and biggotry.

Thanks for reading and hopefully understanding and respecting,
Blessings galore!
Winnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter