• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confess your Disney sins!

Forgive me DIS boards for I am a chicken.

I rode Splash Mountain for the first time in all my visits to WDW last August because I was completely terrified of the drop at the end. I've been on all the coasters, TOT, Mission Space and everything else but that drop scared me to death!

I did it finally, but I am still afraid to do it again! :)

I never been on the Riverboat/Pirate Ship and I never been to Tom Sawyer's Island. In fact, I HATE the Swiss Family Treehouse. There, I said it.

My biggest confession, I'm going to Orlando end of June and only spending one day at Disney.

Just a Dole Whip comment. The ones with only pineapple are better than the ones mixed with vanilla. And I love using a snack credit for the pineapple floats (pineapple juice with pineapple soft serve).

My Disney sins are greater -- involving the unmentionables (refillable mugs and pool hopping).

Im giving this thread a last bump... If it doesn't work I guess this thread will die..

On our last trip in Dec we never went to MGM even after I had said my daughter who was not tall enough in 05 could go on RNR this time. She was so mad at me but we just did not have time,I did promise she can ride 10 times when we go for a longer trip this year.

Forgive me Mickey, for I have sinned.

I can't even stand the thought of eating a dole whip...pineapple, yuck!

I have never climbed the Treehouse, explored Tom Sawyer's Island, or seen the Tiki Room (under new or old management) or Country Bears shows and am not upset about missing any of them.

I have no desire to ride the Liberty Belle.

We were in WDW for 8 days, had 8-day-hoppers, used every one of them, and still didn't make it over to AK.

Now I'll go sing 10 Small Worlds and 10 Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dahs for penance.

ETA: I was not impressed with Illuminations the last time we went (10/06). I loved t every other time I've been, though.

IMHO, DTD is lame. Planet Hollywood sucks (unless you are 15 and then I bet it is really great)...Cirque was okay, but after talking to a friend about the show she saw in Las Vegas, I think we were short changed...Disney Quest was smelly, hot and all of the virtual reality face masks were wet and nasty...I was sorry we went, 2X no less...the drive from the AKL was almost an hour...sigh...

I won't waste that time this year. :cool2:

I refuse to do penence...I think someone owes me my time back! ehehe

Edit....I love love love MGM and plan to spend more time there this year! I did not get to see EVERYTHING! One side note though...the Narnia "attraction" was lame...sorry Lucy!

hmm, good thread!

-I always get the Strawberry fruit bar thingy at ice cream stands even though I really want the Mickey ice cream because I think ice cream is too fattening.

-Before I joined these boards a few days ago, I'd never even heard of a Dole Whip, much less tried one before

-We have been to Disney World 7 or 8 times and stayed offsite for all of them. In fact, we've never had a desire to stay at a Disney resort until this year because we think our timeshare is far superior ::yes:: Not to mention far fewer screaming children to contend with.

-We've only made 4 food purchases on Disney property (I dont count the strawberry ice bars as a food purchase, lol). Once was dinner in Mexico at Epcot, another time was croissants at the French bakery, and 2 times we bought the turkey legs at MK. We think Disney food is far too overpriced and overrated, we always eat offsite and like it! *runs and hides*

-I went on Splash Mountain once when I was 10 and refuse to ever ride it again.

-I can't stand 3-D attractions! I always go souvenier shopping when my fam is in Honey I Shrunk the Audience or Its Tough to Be a Bug *shudder*

-We find MGM incredibly boring, we don't even bother to go there anymore.

-I think if I've seen the Hall of Presidents once, thats all I need. I still go in for the air conditioning though :laughing:

-I think that fireworks show at MK is really lame

-Animal Kingdom has surpassed the MK as my favorite park

We've never been on the riverboat or Tom Sawyer's Island despite visiting WDW my whole life and going 4-6 times/year since 2001.

We never take all of the kids except once a year for a week in June. DW and I went alone while DD11, DS9, and DD8 were at their other parents house and now that we have DD3 together, she gets to go most other trips when the older 3 don't. The short weekend trips are planned when they won't be here. Our joke used to be, "I don't know why ANYONE would bring kids to Disney, it's so much more fun without them."

I've never done anything in Canada until this past trip when we finally ate at le Cellier. Never seen o Canada or anything else there.

Never been to Pleasure Island except when they occasionally let you cut through during the daytime when nothing is open.

We've pretty much quit riding Maelstrom because we hate being locked up at the end waiting on the doors to open and then always bypass the movie.

When we get to go with just DD3, we each feel guilty about riding rides that need baby swap while the other sits except DW loves Star Tours because they let her stand near the controls and watch the monitor. There is a camera that watches everyone during the ride and without fail someone will pick their nose during the ride while I'm on making faces at her. Many times she won't even ride, she just walks through and meets up with me with a big smile on her face and trying to point out who did what snickering under her breath.

Spilling the drink next to you for the parade sounds like a good idea except my DD3 would be the one to step or fall in it.

1. I hated pirates and HM.
2. Always stay off site, dont want to spend two weeks in a shoebox!
3. Want to do a character breakfast, but never do as the menus sound awful

but my biggest sin is

I dont feel any magic walking into MK​

sorry Walt!!

I spen 12 days in WDW and only rode 7 actual rides.

I want to gag watching people eating turkey legs. Actually, just seeing people walking around with them is bad enough!

I hate The Tiki Room Under New Management!!!! I love the original! When I was little I had a record with all the original songs....Tiki Room, Main Street Electrical Parade, Country Bear Jamboree.....I don't like it when they change the originals!

I think Maelstrom is boooooring, and I always sneak out before that horrid movie at the end of the ride is over.

And add me to the list of people who have never had or even heard of a Dole Whip.

We have never actually seen Illuminations at Epcot. We leave to catch the bus early instead of waiting 40 bzillion hours in line. Did not like the campfire at Fort Wilderness - thought it was a real waste of time.

I never ever, ever watch fireworks....Just not into them.

.....we don't even GO TO THE PARKS. We hang out at the resort, visit other
resorts and DTD. It's about eating, relaxing and.....well.....YOU KNOW. :thumbsup2

I DO know. You gotta prioritize what ends up on the itinerary. :thumbsup2 right back at you!

I don't love a parade.

Me, either. I've tried and tried and tried. But the Disney parades just don't do it for me, even with my Mickey Bars, and soda, and blankets to pad my already-padded butt. I just think, "Meh. I could be on _______________ ride right now."

I never ever, ever watch fireworks....Just not into them.
Another "Meh" moment for me. I like the fireworks all right, but don't want to wait forever just to get a good spot for them, and I don't like the crush of crowds. Plus the oohing, ahhing, and clapping for fireworks just confuse me.

Other sins of mine:
--When I meet face characters, I try to bait them into acting out or character or I ask trick questions that reveal gaps in their knowledge. (It's only really worked once, and then I felt guilty! Not guilty enough not to try it again, though.)
--I'm the annoying person on guided tours that knows more about Disney that the CMs.
--I love TSI and have no problem beating little kids to the paintbrushes. I don't even want the FPs, I just want to win!
--I love talking to CMs and sometimes feel like I monopolize their time.
--I laugh at all the corny Jungle Cruise jokes, every time.
--I think that when Main Street is fairly empty (off-peak season, early morning) it's creepy. And I prefer it that way.

I buy some pins that have meaning and stuff, but I don't get the whole pin trading obssession that has taken over...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter