• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confess your Disney sins!

Ok...more sins to confess...

I've never had a beaver tail (they stopped selling them, right?)

I've never had a Dole whip (but plan to next time)

I thought CRT breakfast was WAY overrated -- even before the price hike

I like staying off site :eek:

I think pin trading is a waste of time and money :scared1:

I've never been to a WDW water park

I'm a woosie, hate Space Mountain :scared: and have never ridden Mission Space, R&RC, ToT, and most definitely won't be caught dead on EE.

I'm a little scared to write this :scared1: but I think it would be theraputic:
In a nutshell: I'm a teacher; can only travel on set vacations; DS7 at the time, DD3 at the time and I visited my Grandparents in Cape Coral, FL. Money very tight. Scraped up the $ for 2 days at the All Stars. DD turned 3 on the 14th. Arrival day was on the 20th. Money was very, very, tight......said to myself. "It's less than a week. If you could have picked the dates you would have come earlier in the month and not on President's week. Not your fault. Etc......"

-I rode AE once, and I was terrifyed, and it broke down and we were evacuated, so I never got to finish the ride. Actually, I never even saw the alien. I was terrifyed because of all the stories
-I hate Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (Bring back Delta Dream Flight)
-I find RNR boring
-I don't like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
-I HATE The Tiki Room Under New Management
-I preffer Pirates at Tokyo Disneyland
-I love El Rio Del Tempo
-I find MGM boring
-I love AK only because of EE.

-Dainan "My Disney sins" Rafferty

Okay, here it goes...

1) If I could only go on one ride at all the parks, it would the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. I like the fact you can adjust the height and the tilt and the random water squirts from the camel is great. I also love that feeling of flying in the sky.

2) Even though I am going to WDW in March with my parents, I have already booked another trip in May, and I am planning for another trip in September for my birthday. I don't have the nerve to tell any of my friends about the May and September trips yet. :rolleyes1:

3) This isn't WDW related, but it is Disney related. I have never finished watching Fantasia. I have fallen asleep every single time.

If I get a nice spot to sit for a parade, I often "accidentally" spill ice cream/soda on the wall/ground next to me to stop people invading my space.

Wow, this is really funny...I wish I could do it. I just couldn't bring myself to, even though I think it's a brilliant idea :)

Well, here's what I have to throw in the pot:

- My sister and I knew our Aunt and Uncle were visiting WDW with their 3 boys the same week as us and we deliberately turned off our phones and avoided the Poly because that's where they were staying and we wanted to enjoy our vacation without feeling obligated to be their tour guides (they had never been, and also used to pick on us for loving it so much...oh, and they never sent me a graduation card when I graduated from college...so there!).

- Sometimes in the stretching room in HM I will "mouth" along with the narration, even smirking and "laughing" where appropriate to freak out people (my family is so embarrassed by me!).

- I pretend to have an asthma attack (I do have asthma, for the record) around people who are smoking in the "no smoking" areas of the parks (i.e. almost everywhere) to make them feel guilty.

Uh, I feel bad...I thought this was suppose to be relieving!!:confused:

Quick, someone come up with something worse....anyone....anyone at all :goodvibes

I have never been on Astro Oribtor or the Riverboats and have been to WDW over 20 times. I always plan to, but never have.

I have used Horizons, Wedway People mover (i refuse to use the new name), Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure as opportunities for a quick nap.

I have ordered off the Children's menu .

While our DD's were on the pirate cruise, my mother and I sat at the GF pool.

After dinner at Ohana we used the pool at the Poly and waited to watch WISHES and the Water Pagent.

.....we don't even GO TO THE PARKS. We hang out at the resort, visit other
resorts and DTD. It's about eating, relaxing and.....well.....YOU KNOW. :thumbsup2

I have another confession.

I have never ate a Dole Whip and don't have clue what one is... What is a Dole Whip?

I have another confession.

I have never ate a Dole Whip and don't have clue what one is... What is a Dole Whip?

A Dole Whip is simply a vanilla and pineapple flavored softserve icecream.

A Dole Whip FLOAT is vanilla softserve icecream with pineapple juice.

The regular Whip is OK, but it's overrated. The Float is better. IMO.

My confessions/sins are:

I like counter service better than most sit down meals.

I have never had a Dole whip or a turkey leg and don't plan on it.

I am going back to the WL on Friday and I am taking my mug with me.

I have never been on the Wedway People Mover/TTA or Astro Orbiter.

I don't like Fantasmic and skipped it on my last couple of trips.

I don't always tell people I am going to WDW because I don't feel like listening to their comments.

Ummm....that's all I can think of for now! :)

Let me think of some more...
*I never rode Alien Encounter...and I don't want to!
*I hate 'the Tiki birds' as we call it.
*I have only seen Illuminations once or twice.
*I have never had a Dole Whip..I keep saying I will get one and never get around to it.
*I have never gotten into the hype of pin trading and don't plan on it.

A Dole Whip is simply a vanilla and pineapple flavored softserve icecream.

For anybody who lives / travels near The Villages in central Florida, there's an ice cream shop in the Lake Sumter Landing town square that serves these. I had one and was in heaven :cloud9:

Hubby and I are spending one night at the Beach Club and the next day we are heading out on Royal Caribbean's Sovereingn of the Sea for an anniversary cruise. We haven't told the kids about the one day fling at WDW. They will be devastated!!! I hope to be able to keep it a secret until we get home:thumbsup2

Here are mine:

1. I stay off-site and like it.
2. I don't like Mickey Bars or Zebra Domes. In fact, the only dessert I liked at WDW was a Kaki-Gori and a chocolate covered rice krispy Mickey treat. I haven't tried a Dole Whip or a Turkey Leg and probably won't.
3. I think both Illuminations and Soarin are overrated.
4. I'm not thrilled with MGM, but will be forced to go there as long as it's the only place to see Lightning McQueen (DS is a huge fan).
5. We got a Year of a Million Dreams cupcake and threw it away because I didn't want the kids to eat all that blue icing. :scared1:

I don't collect pins (shotglasses instead), but I never understood the point to pin trading either, for the exact reasons you talk about. I wouldn't want to trade my shot glasses...they have sentimental value above all else! I would think the same thing for pins...

I also collect shotglasses instead of pins!

Here are my confessions:
*I also hate turkey legs, they make we want to gag when I see them!
*I don't have any intentions on riding TOT, RnR, or the teacups (actually just looking at the teacups makes me feel nauseated!)
*I had never even heard of a dole whip until I came upon this thread!
*I'm not a big fan of MGM or Epcot!
*I like the corny rides (the ones where the drivers have this whole spill of a made up story)...like the Jungle Cruise and Kilimanjaro Safaris! :)

This is a great thread by the way!

I hate the Tiki Room and have told ppl in my group that it was closed so we wouldn't have to do it.

:lmao: That sounds like something I would do. I hate the Tiki Room too. I've always hated it, ever since I was a kid. In fact, I hate the new one even more!

I was born in Texas and left when I was 25. The whole southern, Mary-Kay-Aqua-Net-Stepford-Wife vibe they got goin' in Florida creeps me to no freakin' end.

I regard World Showcase at EPCOT as a rather loosely-themed mall with cheap, imported labor. Without air-conditioning...and overpriced "Yes, they're playing the drums. Yes, I'm sure it's very creative. No, I don't think it was worth $70." :rolleyes2

I don't love a parade.

Although they did get the GM Factory smell right, Test Track is an astoundingly dull, non-event.

Kilimanjaro Safari is another.

I'm betting the other Princesses laugh at Snow White behind her back.

If I could get my wife to dress up like Jasmine while I wore a Chewbacca costume, :love2: I would never leave the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter