Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance of this question as i know it gets asked a ton. But since the answers keep changing i was hoping to get an answer from somebody who has been to the Poly club recently... I am starting to think about some final details of my trip...and I am not sure what to do about water. Last time we were there we could get a glass bottle of water. This was fine for us as it would last us at night and then fill up our park water bottles. I don't even mind pitchers of filtered or bottled water but I really don't want water that tastes like Florida water. If that is what is being given out now I will order gallons to be delivered. Any recent insight?

I've heard from multiple sources that Dasani is available everywhere in WDW. CL has large bottles available to guests and sometimes has small bottles available. The stores and CS carry it, too.

Dasani is Florida water processed through reverse osmosis, which removes most of the bad taste.

Personally, I drink so much water that I'm having Staples deliver a case of pure spring water (Zephyrhills) directly to our resort. Then, I'll just grab a few bottles from our fridge every morning. It's a small expense (compared to staying CL). Inside the parks, Dasani is still available but at a much higher cost.

Has anyone had more success letting CL try to book difficult reservations (e.g. BoG) at 180 days instead of calling for ADRs yourself? We're going to be staying BWI CL from 12/28 to 1/5 (I know...) and although I have always handled ADRs myself, I'm considering letting the CL CMs handle it this trip...

Has anyone had more success letting CL try to book difficult reservations (e.g. BoG) at 180 days instead of calling for ADRs yourself? We're going to be staying BWI CL from 12/28 to 1/5 (I know...) and although I have always handled ADRs myself, I'm considering letting the CL CMs handle it this trip...

I never book hard to get ressies myself. I always give them to the IPO. :cool1: I make my list, call or email it to the IPO early. Then I call with CC info, and I'm all set. If they have questions, they call.

The Beach Club IPO came through on everything for us. We got BoG, O'Hana, and our Fantasmic! package booked on are 180 day and got all the times we wanted. The O'Hana was 10 minutes later than our request, but I can live with that!

I let the Poly IPO book our BOG ADR for August. There was a delay in the restaurant's releasing the available dining times for a few days past our 180 and when they did release them, they were able to book the time I wanted without any difficulty.

I let the Poly IPO book our BOG ADR for August even though the restaurant delayed in releasing the available dining times a few days past our 180 day mark. They booked all of our other requests and then booked BOG the day it was available for the time I requested. It was a much easier process booking the ADRs through IPO because I was having all sorts difficulty even researching times through the website myself.

I apologize in advance of this question as i know it gets asked a ton. But since the answers keep changing i was hoping to get an answer from somebody who has been to the Poly club recently... I am starting to think about some final details of my trip...and I am not sure what to do about water. Last time we were there we could get a glass bottle of water. This was fine for us as it would last us at night and then fill up our park water bottles. I don't even mind pitchers of filtered or bottled water but I really don't want water that tastes like Florida water. If that is what is being given out now I will order gallons to be delivered. Any recent insight?

Like you said, it's been varying recently depending on resort. I would call the IPO directly and ask.

Dasani is Florida water processed through reverse osmosis, which removes most of the bad taste.

Personally, I drink so much water that I'm having Staples deliver a case of pure spring water (Zephyrhills) directly to our resort. Then, I'll just grab a few bottles from our fridge every morning. It's a small expense (compared to staying CL). Inside the parks, Dasani is still available but at a much higher cost.

You know Zephyrhills is also Florida water, right?

It's not that FL water is not healthy, it is.

We just applied the new discount for our summer trip and are saving $1400 on our Poly CL stay!!! So exciting!!

I always order a couple of cases of water because I like to bring a bunch of bottles to the parks in an insulated bag. Even in the August heat the bag kept the bottles cool until mid afternoon.

Like you said, it's been varying recently depending on resort. I would call the IPO directly and ask.

Thanks everyone for the help. I did call the IPO. H said they now have a filtered water machines. My big concern was that I hate theater of Florida water. He said he has tried it and does not tste like that at all. So I am crossing my fingers and going without shipping water. We really don't like to use the plastic water bottles and bring our own reusable ones. Plus we are going at the end of April so not dealing with summer heat. Will let you all know the results when we get back!

We are book for Poly GVCL in July and are trying to learn the ins-and-outs of CL before then! I have read this entire thread and have loved every second of it. Thank you so much to all that have contributed information! Keep it coming!

Can anyone tell me some of the "kid friendly" foods that the lounge may offer at each time? I am pretty good with breakfast and I know that DD2 will eat everything that I read... but I am curious at the other times if there are things that she will enjoy... any ideas?

Thanks!!!

We are book for Poly GVCL in July and are trying to learn the ins-and-outs of CL before then! I have read this entire thread and have loved every second of it. Thank you so much to all that have contributed information! Keep it coming!

Can anyone tell me some of the "kid friendly" foods that the lounge may offer at each time? I am pretty good with breakfast and I know that DD2 will eat everything that I read... but I am curious at the other times if there are things that she will enjoy... any ideas?

Thanks!!!
I will be there next week. Usually afternoon is just treats/snacks. Chips , cookies maybe fruit etc. I remember CR CL had make your own PB n J 12-4 (?) and my son loved that. I will see what is offered afternoons and evening. Anything specific you are looking for? Reading most threads usually lots of fruits, cookies, and often uncrustables or PB n j offered. You can request milk all day long if not in cooler. My ds drinks a lot of milk! I have stayed at CR and GF CL but this my first CL at Poly so I am not 100%sure what they will have. :confused3
My ds eats a lot of cereal so, i would get in am and keep for later in day. Sometimes I kept bagels in room for later too. Don't be afraid to take what you like best for later.

Thanks! I know she will eat all of the fruit and carrot sticks... She'll enjoy yogurt and pbj ... And cereal... She's also good with meats as long as she believe them to be chicken. Any chance they have ketchup? I will bring some if not as she will eat most meats as long as she can dip!

You know Zephyrhills is also Florida water, right?

It's not that FL water is not healthy, it is.

They're all FDA approved and hence healthy. Sorry, if it sounds like I'm maligning it. I've drunken FL water since I was visiting FL in the 1950's before WDW was even a concept. I still prefer spring water over processed water. That's just my preference.

With Nestlé owning Zephryhills and others, you have no idea where the water actually comes from. It's probably FL but they don't guarantee it. It could be from a well or a spring just not from the municipal water supply.

Thanks! I know she will eat all of the fruit and carrot sticks... She'll enjoy yogurt and pbj ... And cereal... She's also good with meats as long as she believe them to be chicken. Any chance they have ketchup? I will bring some if not as she will eat most meats as long as she can dip!

You can always grab ketchup from capt cooks. I remember they had pbj crustables. My kids ate a lot of cheese and crackers at night for apps. I dont remember a lot of plain meats.

You can always grab ketchup from capt cooks. I remember they had pbj crustables. My kids ate a lot of cheese and crackers at night for apps. I dont remember a lot of plain meats.

Thanks for the info! I am sure we will find plenty for her! So excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter