Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be going to Disney next fall, staying at the grand Floridian ( club level theme park view) we are going to celebrate my daughters high school graduation AND to treat our other 15 year old daughter to some happiness as she was recently diagnosed with T1D.
Anybody know if they will/ can do anything extra special for my girls? And if do, what?

Tess said:
You may email your requests anytime after you have a confirmed reservation. The IPO will reserve for you when your window opens--180 days +10 as a resort guest. :thumbsup2

Fabulous! Thank you :)

You may email your requests anytime after you have a confirmed reservation. The IPO will reserve for you when your window opens--180 days +10 as a resort guest. :thumbsup2

Okay sorry I have a question on this. I dont understand what 180+ 10 means. We are staying at the Poly CL in September. So does it mean that I can do it 190 days out?

Okay sorry I have a question on this. I dont understand what 180+ 10 means. We are staying at the Poly CL in September. So does it mean that I can do it 190 days out?

No, it means that you can book starting at 180 days out, but not just for that day...you can book for up to 10 days of your trip....if that makes sense.

So, you don't have to make individual daily reservations as the 180 day date pops up, you can book your whole trip for up to 10 days.

No, it means that you can book starting at 180 days out, but not just for that day...you can book for up to 10 days of your trip....if that makes sense.

So, you don't have to make individual daily reservations as the 180 day date pops up, you can book your whole trip for up to 10 days.

YES YES Thank you so much. I totally understand now. Thank you

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up! I was interpreting the 10 day thing the other way but this makes so much more sense.

We will be going to Disney next fall, staying at the grand Floridian ( club level theme park view) we are going to celebrate my daughters high school graduation AND to treat our other 15 year old daughter to some happiness as she was recently diagnosed with T1D.
Anybody know if they will/ can do anything extra special for my girls? And if do, what?

We have stayed GF CL main building and loved it. Would still stay there but we out grew the standard rooms. Here are my experiences:

GF CL - Fathers Day - I requested a white chocolate Mickey Mouse be in the room when we arrived. It was about 4" tall with gold accents, and "happy father's day". They did not charge me for it.

Second GF CL - I did not request anything, however, when we checked in there were Disney stuffed animals on the beds for the 4 kiddos. (I was not charged for them)

WL CL - We had reservations at O'hana's for the character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Without kiddos knowing, I brought a stuffed Stitch from home. After we arrived, I requested from the CL cast members to help me surprise the kiddos. The morning we had breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, they staged Stitch reeking havoc in our room. They did a really cute job. When we arrived back at our room, Stitch (the stuffed animal I brought) was sitting on the bed and toilet paper was every where. They draped it all over the room and next to Stitch was an 8x10 signed photo of Lilo and Stitch (this was an extra that I did not bring or ask them to do). The kids got a big kick out of it.

Second WL CL - DD's sweet 16 - After arriving, I asked the cast members to order a cake to be delivered to our room. I asked for 3 things for the cake 1)chocolate 2) Tinker Bell 3) under $50. In the afternoon of her birthday, we returned to our room. The cake was on the table with plates, napkins, and forks. They had also put several milks in the fridge for the kiddos. The cake was delish and adorable and $42.

CR CL - I had no special requests and we did not receive any extras.

The CL cast members are at liberty to do small gestures like the stuffed animals when we stayed at the GF. But it is at their discretion. If you have any requests, it's worth asking. I have read that they will do purchasing from theme park stores prior to your arrival if you give them a credit card number.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any current photos of the food options at AKL club? I don't really care about the desserts more interested in the morning and evening options. I know it won't replace a meal and we staying AKL club about 10 years ago and were wondering what the current offerings were. Doing a search the last photos available are from 2009 or 2010

Thanks

Has anyone stayed in the garden view club level at the Poly? How good or bad are those views? Any thoughts? Thanks!

psac said:
Has anyone stayed in the garden view club level at the Poly? How good or bad are those views? Any thoughts? Thanks!

I'd really like to know too! Opinions and pictures if anyone has them :)

I'd really like to know too! Opinions and pictures if anyone has them :)

Here are a few Room 3530:
FloridaPhotos022.jpg

FloridaPhotos023.jpg

FloridaPhotos024.jpg

And one from a room in close proximity to 3530:

09250010.jpg

09250009.jpg

09250008.jpg

I have been in other CLGV rooms, but those photos are not uploaded. I also have some LV, now known as TPV CL views, but you didn't ask for those. :) I love the garden view at CL--some have better views of the pool, but over the years those trees have grown. I like the privacy they offer and the views are very peaceful.

Here are a few Room 3530:

I have been in other CLGV rooms, but those photos are not uploaded. I also have some LV, now known as TPV CL views, but you didn't ask for those. :) I love the garden view at CL--some have better views of the pool, but over the years those trees have grown. I like the privacy they offer and the views are very peaceful.

Thank you!! Perfect. It doesn't seem worth the extra $100+ per day for Lagoon view. We're probably going to book today for end of September. :thumbsup2

We weren't sure how crazy it would be to go for a third time this year, but we've never stayed at the Poly before, and what's wrong with being crazy once in a while? :joker:

Thank you!! Perfect. It doesn't seem worth the extra $100+ per day for Lagoon view. We're probably going to book today for end of September. :thumbsup2

We weren't sure how crazy it would be to go for a third time this year, but we've never stayed at the Poly before, and what's wrong with being crazy once in a while? :joker:

At the rates they are charging for Polynesian standard view, any stay there is crazy!

We have stayed GF CL main building and loved it. Would still stay there but we out grew the standard rooms. Here are my experiences:

GF CL - Fathers Day - I requested a white chocolate Mickey Mouse be in the room when we arrived. It was about 4" tall with gold accents, and "happy father's day". They did not charge me for it.

Second GF CL - I did not request anything, however, when we checked in there were Disney stuffed animals on the beds for the 4 kiddos. (I was not charged for them)

WL CL - We had reservations at O'hana's for the character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Without kiddos knowing, I brought a stuffed Stitch from home. After we arrived, I requested from the CL cast members to help me surprise the kiddos. The morning we had breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, they staged Stitch reeking havoc in our room. They did a really cute job. When we arrived back at our room, Stitch (the stuffed animal I brought) was sitting on the bed and toilet paper was every where. They draped it all over the room and next to Stitch was an 8x10 signed photo of Lilo and Stitch (this was an extra that I did not bring or ask them to do). The kids got a big kick out of it.

Second WL CL - DD's sweet 16 - After arriving, I asked the cast members to order a cake to be delivered to our room. I asked for 3 things for the cake 1)chocolate 2) Tinker Bell 3) under $50. In the afternoon of her birthday, we returned to our room. The cake was on the table with plates, napkins, and forks. They had also put several milks in the fridge for the kiddos. The cake was delish and adorable and $42.

CR CL - I had no special requests and we did not receive any extras.

The CL cast members are at liberty to do small gestures like the stuffed animals when we stayed at the GF. But it is at their discretion. If you have any requests, it's worth asking. I have read that they will do purchasing from theme park stores prior to your arrival if you give them a credit card number.

Hope this helps.

WOW that is so cool. I am wishing that maybe they can do something for my DH (Balloons or a special card) for his birthday. We did not do anything special for his 40th last year. And now we will be in Disney for his Birthday this year.

Is it better to order my cake with them then go through the Disney cake number?

I don't have any pics of the AKL food offerings (I was embarrassed to take them) but we just came back Thursday. In the am they had 3 cold cereals (raisin bran, fruit loops, and rice crispy), 2 hot cereals (oatmeal and quinoa) with flax seed, fresh made granola and brown sugar available, BEAUTIFUL fresh fruit (berries, pineapple, melon, pineapple, papaya) croissants (I ate my weight in them), cinnamon buns, yogurt, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, and mimosas!!!!
Evening snacks varied but always included fresh made hummus, pita squares, bread, 3-4 cheeses, veggies, olives, 2 hot apps and 1 cold app. Plus a kids table w/ apple slices, baby carrots, ham n cheese roll ups, and a 'kids app' (ie fruit n yogurt parfaits). Plus wine and beer.
We ABSOLUTELY did breakfast as a 'meal replacement' and I felt it was billed that way. Evening apps we did 'meal replace' one night but that was more due to very late lunch plus pool drinks plus looooots of kettle chips ;).
Hope this helps

Heather

At the rates they are charging for Polynesian standard view, any stay there is crazy!

We had a 30 or 35% off pin code, so that made a big difference. (Not sure which, wife booked it.). Poly GV Club it is. :) the code was only good until 2 or 3 days after our checkout date, too, so it was perfect. We're planning to do a mostly resort stay, so we can hit all the monorail dinners at night, and relax around the Poly during the days. The second floor of the club lounge looks like a great reading place if its too hot outside. It seems like a good place for that. We do have Annual Passes if we get really bored, too.

I don't have any pics of the AKL food offerings (I was embarrassed to take them) but we just came back Thursday. In the am they had 3 cold cereals (raisin bran, fruit loops, and rice crispy), 2 hot cereals (oatmeal and quinoa) with flax seed, fresh made granola and brown sugar available, BEAUTIFUL fresh fruit (berries, pineapple, melon, pineapple, papaya) croissants (I ate my weight in them), cinnamon buns, yogurt, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, and mimosas!!!!
Evening snacks varied but always included fresh made hummus, pita squares, bread, 3-4 cheeses, veggies, olives, 2 hot apps and 1 cold app. Plus a kids table w/ apple slices, baby carrots, ham n cheese roll ups, and a 'kids app' (ie fruit n yogurt parfaits). Plus wine and beer.
We ABSOLUTELY did breakfast as a 'meal replacement' and I felt it was billed that way. Evening apps we did 'meal replace' one night but that was more due to very late lunch plus pool drinks plus looooots of kettle chips ;).
Hope this helps

Heather

You had me at mimosas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter