Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told all AKL CL rooms are Savanah view. No idea about mimosas at other CL. They were not out you had to ask a CM for one. The beer went into the fridge around 1630 but you could ask anytime day or night for wine or beer.

Thanks, I think I just may build up the courage to ask. They might think I am a lush, but who cares, I'll be at Disney!!!!!

I just booked my bounce back stay at AKL - CL for August. I can't wait for my first stay at AKL... I hope the next 204 days fly by!

Just so I don't look like a lush (shhhh don't tell) I kept seeing adults walking around w champagne flutes filled w what I THOUGHT was jungle juice. Until the nice lady behind me said 'I love mimosas' I turned around so fast my head popped off. :). Can't wait till oct for our bounce back!!! It will be my dd's 8th bday.

Heather

MomofDisneyLoversx3 said:
Just so I don't look like a lush (shhhh don't tell) I kept seeing adults walking around w champagne flutes filled w what I THOUGHT was jungle juice. Until the nice lady behind me said 'I love mimosas' I turned around so fast my head popped off. :). Can't wait till oct for our bounce back!!! It will be my dd's 8th bday.

Heather

Know what you mean. My "lush" question of the day is can you ask them for wine or beer when they are closed from 7:00-8:00? We are staying CL at WL (this is my first CL experience). I have 5 kids and want to know should I need to buy some wine because I will need a "little" wine after disney with them! Or can I grab a glass while they are closed by asking?

What email packet??? Is this just for WL CL? WE are staying Poly CL at the end of Sept. and have not gotten an email for IPO
We got an e-mail from the IPO @ AKL a couple months (2 or 3 maybe?) before our arrival date. Asking about room, arrival time, special celebrations, requests, etc. If you haven't recieved an e-mail give them a call.

Thanks, I think I just may build up the courage to ask. They might think I am a lush, but who cares, I'll be at Disney!!!!!
Who cares, you are on vacation. Have all the mimosas you want (as long as you take the bus & don't drive yourself to the parks ;) )

The only draw back to staying CL and using IPO is you will be very spoiled. ;)

I very much like using IPO and have never been disappointed. I hope this will be your experience too. :thumbsup2
Spoiled is having an IPO & TA babysitting your ADRs. I haven't had to do anything for this trip. Now if I could just get them to drive us down there :laughing:.

We are doing a split stay in May and as result will be checking in at the Poly at 7:30 am, is that worth mentioning to the IPO? It would be great to have our room ready but it's definitely not a necessity.

I did a split stay one year and told the poly and they had our room ready for us. It doesn't hurt to tell them.

We are getting to the Poly at about 7:30-8:00 a.m for our stay in September. I was gonna just let them know that too and I hope that maybe we will have a room ready for us!!!

I asked this on the BC/YC thread, but thought I'd ask here too. I have seen several people say that they are greeted when they arrive and brought to the club level to check-in. How do they know you are coming? Or is it :wizard:

I'm curious about this too. We are doing our first CL stay in March. Our first stay at AKL too - we are pretty excited! :D

In going through the CL thread some post suggest not doing the advance on line check in, so you can have the whole club experience. But if you do not do the advance check in, how do they know when you'll most likely arrive? Or do you simply walk in the lobby and ask for the CL check in?

I'm curious about this too. We are doing our first CL stay in March. Our first stay at AKL too - we are pretty excited! :D

In going through the CL thread some post suggest not doing the advance on line check in, so you can have the whole club experience. But if you do not do the advance check in, how do they know when you'll most likely arrive? Or do you simply walk in the lobby and ask for the CL check in?

The WL IPO just sent me an email asking me my arrival info and I have done online check in. They included the latest version of our itinerary too. The email also tells us what to do when we arrive in regards to the resort knowing we are CL guests. I suspect each IPO sends something similar but don't know for sure. It's our first CL stay

The WL IPO just sent me an email asking me my arrival info and I have done online check in. They included the latest version of our itinerary too. The email also tells us what to do when we arrive in regards to the resort knowing we are CL guests. I suspect each IPO sends something similar but don't know for sure. It's our first CL stay

Thank you.

Do you recall about when you received the email? We are heading there in 37 days.

They had sent me an itinerary back in September - at the 180 mark when our ADRs were made. But since then our party grew from 3 to 7, so I changed all the ADRs myself. I guess I should send them the changes if they are going to print out an itinerary.

We simply asked a CM nicely (anytime day or night that they were there) for a glass of wine or beer. Also stuff like sparkling water and gummy bears :)

As for online checkin---we used it for our recent trip and it worked like a charm. Upon arrival to AKL they asked for photo id, and my Dh said 'checking in' but did not say anything about CL. As we pulled up to valet we were approached and asked 'Shingler safari?' we were taken directly upstairs, all of our KtoK were ready, we were given a drink and a overview of the resort and all/any questions answered. They offered to show us to our room. The whole thing worked beautifully.

Heather

Thank you.

Do you recall about when you received the email? We are heading there in 37 days.

They had sent me an itinerary back in September - at the 180 mark when our ADRs were made. But since then our party grew from 3 to 7, so I changed all the ADRs myself. I guess I should send them the changes if they are going to print out an itinerary.

I received it today.

We simply asked a CM nicely (anytime day or night that they were there) for a glass of wine or beer. Also stuff like sparkling water and gummy bears :)

As for online checkin---we used it for our recent trip and it worked like a charm. Upon arrival to AKL they asked for photo id, and my Dh said 'checking in' but did not say anything about CL. As we pulled up to valet we were approached and asked 'Shingler safari?' we were taken directly upstairs, all of our KtoK were ready, we were given a drink and a overview of the resort and all/any questions answered. They offered to show us to our room. The whole thing worked beautifully.

Heather

I received it today.

Thank you both for the information!

I've done CL both ways, and I'm one of the folks who said you may be better off skipping online check-in. See below:

In the past, online check-in was not worth doing for CL. It's hard to explain why. You never really have to wait in any lines, and they know about your arrival because you email them your arrival info in advance. It's not about making the club level experience more grand or complete or anything. the differnce was subtle.

Staff are always supposed to greet you at the hotel entrance. But it's not like they have 20 people on staff to do that, they have only a few greeters- it's entirely possible the greeter could be helping another guest. It happens. It's great when the greeter thing works like it's supposed to work.

All that said, for a time, the online check-in button was a bit obscure on the website. With the launch of the new website, it's clear they are making online check-in much more prominent. They must be revamping the system. If you want to do it, do it. My guess is withthe new prominenece, they DO want all guests to try it.

I foresee a future DIS CL lush meet someday!

It will be our first time at a Disney CL too. I'm thinking of upgrading to WL CL as a surprise for my mom and sister. The whole trip is a surprise for my mom to go down and see my daughter march with her HS band down Main St. I really want to make the trip special for my mom, and I think CL would help in that. Unfortunately, due to medication she can't drink, so more wine and mimosas for my sister and me!

I foresee a future DIS CL lush meet someday!

It will be our first time at a Disney CL too. I'm thinking of upgrading to WL CL as a surprise for my mom and sister. The whole trip is a surprise for my mom to go down and see my daughter march with her HS band down Main St. I really want to make the trip special for my mom, and I think CL would help in that. Unfortunately, due to medication she can't drink, so more wine and mimosas for my sister and me!

We have stayed WL CL and loved it. The cast members are so nice and personable.

My daughter will be there also with her marching band and choir. Hope you have a great time. I so wish we were able to go also.

They know the day of your arrival. And it is nearly impossible to get into a resort without them knowing. If doing ME from the airport you are checked in there to get on your bus. If driving you have to checkin with the gaurd gate before going in to park.

I imagine the computer has the CL reservations flagged & CMs either know to give the IPO a heads up, or now days it is possible the computer just does it soon as you do that first check in.

I was just looking at pictures someone posted of the Yacht CL food and saw the brie and rasberry encruit (spelt wrong I know) OOOOMMMMMGGGG YUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!
Does anyone know if they serve the same things every week??
or the same days every week??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter