1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Scott MC, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed CL before but I bring filtered bottles and just fill them from the fountain in the parks. The filter removes that awful FL water taste perfectly. And it means a lot less to cart around the park each day.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

I'm just concerned one won't be enough for a family of five, would it be a faux pas to ask for two? Too greedy?

I just don't want to be the 'annoying water people' to the CMs :rotfl:

4. fly girl

fly girl DIS Veteran

I've seen many of families walk out with 2 bottles and it didn't look like the CM's were bothered by it at all. However, we are a small family of 3 so I haven't done it personally.

Hopefully someone on here can back me up and say it's OK. :thumbsup2

I think for the money were plunking down for CL only asking for a couple bottles of water a day isn't a biggie. But that's just me. :blush:

5. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

Great point TigrLvsPooh about the tickets! :thumbsup2. I'd love to move up into AP & never have to worry about tickets for a year!

6. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

Thanks mickeyluv'r on your great thoughts, it helps to get advice from the CL experts for sure. :wizard: I do agree that if we did split stay we'd want to do either BC/YC & go to EPCOT, DHS & MK while there & then end AKL CL & do AK, hotel/pool time & maybe sunrise safari to end on a slower note.

We're also good about keeping our ADRs & did not incurr any cacellation fees last year. It's just me & DH so it easy to stick to schedule when needed.

7. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

8. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

Have stayed yc cl and BWI deluxe room cl. We liked yc more because the food was better, having a fridge instead of a tub for sodas and it had a kiddie section with a TV which my kids loved. What other cl has a separate TV for little ones?

9. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

I know that WL's Old Faithful Club and CR's Atrium Club have separate TVs for kids. WL has a small table and small chairs near a TV that plays the Disney Channel and the CR has seating (like cubes) in front of a TV just for kids. The seating area at WL is larger than CR and both have fridges.

10. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

Thx. We are too many for WL but may try the atrium next time. I love the Epcot resorts best.

11. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

At CR the lounge was fairly empty so my kids actually watched the big tv while sitting on the couch and ate a quick dinner. They didn't want to sit at the kids table ( of course). But I think they enjoyed the balcony and the MK view the most!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

Then you can join my club and worry about AP discounts! :lmao: They always come out at the last minute and nothing I really want is ever available. :crazy2:

13. zima-cheryl

zima-cheryl DIS Veteran

No, we've never done the split stay although we have friends who have. From what I'm told WDW tries to make it pretty seamless for you.
    If you have a car, toss your stuff in the trunk & just leave on resort in the AM & go to the new one at the end of the day.
    If you don't have a car, check your bags with bell services & they will work their way over to your new resort. I've heard that it can take a while so don't think you are checking out at 9a & will have your bags by noon at the new resort.

Never done any of the AK tours. They all look fantastic though.

14. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

AP rates always come out at the last minute? So you can never plan ahead? :confused3

15. mommadjones

mommadjones Mouseketeer

It's pretty frustrating but yes lately AP rates have been released latter. It depends on when you vacation. We often go in August and they tend to release Summer rates not including our August dates. So our dates tend to be at the front of the new release which then runs into octoberish. We tend to book our vacation and budget for the full cost. Then cross our fingers that an ap rate will come out and apply it.

16. TigrLvsPooh

They vary. Sometimes we get decent notice. Sometimes not as much.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

17. TigrLvsPooh

I have done many, many split stays. Don't count on seeing your bags until mid afternoon at the earliest. Typically the way it goes is we checkout of resort 1 , bus or boat to resort 2, check-in and give them our cell phone number to be called when the room is ready. Head to a park. Get back to resort 2 mid afternoon , get to room, call bell services for luggage. And hopefully have it in time to freshen up for the night out. Usually we do.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

18. dana278

dana278 Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. I'm planning my first trip and I have a quick question, please:

From what I've read here on the boards, when you make ADRs you can change/cancel online as necessary. (Assuming times are available, of course.) If you choose to have the IPO make your ADRs for you are they magically entered into your online account somewhere, or do you have to contact them every single time you want to make a change?

19. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

You can still access your reservations on line. :thumbsup2
    Depending on how I feel on a given day, I make the change myself, or email IPO with the request. :goodvibes

20. dana278

dana278 Mouseketeer

Awesome, thank you! I definitely want to utilize that service, then.

Oh and how far in advance of the 180 day window should you email those in? I thought I read somewhere that resort guests could do ADRs an extra 10 days early, but I can't find this info now!

21. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

You may email your requests anytime after you have a confirmed reservation. The IPO will reserve for you when your window opens--180 days +10 as a resort guest. :thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.