Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pictures clemsondisneyfan :thumbsup2

You are welcome. I have great ones from the trip! I just hate putting everything out there on the web!! :)

We really enjoyed our stay in that room, and the CMs were so nice. We try to stay in different hotels each time. I would love to try the GF next time. It is so great to have these threads to read everyone's reviews!!

Which side were you on? I may have seen you. I saw a couple reading a book out on the balcony next to us during the day on Friday, I believe. If it was you then hello! And no you did not wake us at all! Glad you had a great time as well! It must have been great getting in all those Toy Story Mania rides.
We were closer to the lounge. The readers were probably my travel companions. I spent more time in the parks.;)

Welcome home! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Glad you got to experience the new Star Tours!
:wave2:Hi! Star Wars was great! I did it 4 times in total and saw 10 of the 11 elements. Just didn't see one of the ending planets.

Maybe Star Tours will reduce some of the wait times at Toy Story. I was able to do Toy Story 4 times without fast passes between 9am and 10:40am on that PM EMH day. The posted wait times of 50 to 60 minutes were way overstated.

However when we did Star Tours stand by that afternoon the posted 45 minute wait time was understated-it took about 60 minutes. We had dinner at California Grill and then took the bus back to DHS after dinner. We had fast passes to do Star Tours but it was down. My friends went back to the resort. About 9pm I went back over and it was open again. There was both a 9pm & 10:30pm Fantasmic that night. I was able to do Star Tours 3 times with the fast passes between 9 & 10pm. By the time I got off the 3rd time it was after 10pm and they had closed the ride down-not open for EMH.

I headed over to Toy Story and rode it 5 times in about 2 hours so the waits were longer than they were that morning.

We had dinner at Flying Fish on the 2nd night of our trip and all loved it so much that we made an ADR to do it again on our last night. It was great again and no screamers either night.:laughing:

We were closer to the lounge. The readers were probably my travel companions. I spent more time in the parks.;)

:wave2:Hi! Star Wars was great! I did it 4 times in total and saw 10 of the 11 elements. Just didn't see one of the ending planets.

Maybe Star Tours will reduce some of the wait times at Toy Story. I was able to do Toy Story 4 times without fast passes between 9am and 10:40am on that PM EMH day. The posted wait times of 50 to 60 minutes were way overstated.

However when we did Star Tours stand by that afternoon the posted 45 minute wait time was understated-it took about 60 minutes. We had dinner at California Grill and then took the bus back to DHS after dinner. We had fast passes to do Star Tours but it was down. My friends went back to the resort. About 9pm I went back over and it was open again. There was both a 9pm & 10:30pm Fantasmic that night. I was able to do Star Tours 3 times with the fast passes between 9 & 10pm. By the time I got off the 3rd time it was after 10pm and they had closed the ride down-not open for EMH.

I headed over to Toy Story and rode it 5 times in about 2 hours so the waits were longer than they were that morning.

We had dinner at Flying Fish on the 2nd night of our trip and all loved it so much that we made an ADR to do it again on our last night. It was great again and no screamers either night.:laughing:

I am not very hopeful about getting multiple rides on Star Tours since I imagine the waits will be LONG. But we'll see what we can manage.

We are booked for regular dinner at Flying Fish one night, and Dinner With An Imagineer another night. We might need a third night. ;) Some friends of ours from the UK were supposed to be at WDW this year, but they had a death in the family and canceled their trip. :guilty: That caused some ADR changes for us, so now we have more wiggle room than we started with.

Just wanted to drop in and say we arrived back home from CR CL tonight (stayed from 5/15-5/21). We are now thoroughly spoiled for anywhere else. Everything about the CL experience was amazing, from being met at the door to our car when we arrived, to the friendly and hard-working concierges. It was all just so much better than I'd expected (or hoped).

I'd be glad to answer any questions, if y'all have any.

Just wanted to drop in and say we arrived back home from CR CL tonight (stayed from 5/15-5/21). We are now thoroughly spoiled for anywhere else. Everything about the CL experience was amazing, from being met at the door to our car when we arrived, to the friendly and hard-working concierges. It was all just so much better than I'd expected (or hoped).

What a great stay at the Atrium Club you had! (Or were you on the Tower Club floor?)

Which side of the Tower were you on and did you get a bounceback offer in your room?

Welcome back. Glad you had a wonderful time and congratulations on getting upgraded and spoiled.

What a great stay at the Atrium Club you had! (Or were you on the Tower Club floor?)

Which side of the Tower were you on and did you get a bounceback offer in your room?

We were in the atrium club, theme park view. There wasn't a bounce back offer.

It's great to read that you enjoyed staying there. :thumbsup2

A question for everyone -- I apologize if it's been asked before...

About a month ago, I booked our July 23-27 stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge level. It was booked by my online travel agent. We have not heard anything from the Itinerary Planning people yet. When we stayed at WL concierge last time, they got in touch with us before 180 days out.

I don't need to make any reservations (I'll do those myself) but would like to give info to the IP folks on when we are arriving etc. Should I just email them, introduce myself, and explain the predicament?

Kathy

About a month ago, I booked our July 23-27 stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge level. It was booked by my online travel agent. We have not heard anything from the Itinerary Planning people yet. When we stayed at WL concierge last time, they got in touch with us before 180 days out.

I don't need to make any reservations (I'll do those myself) but would like to give info to the IP folks on when we are arriving etc. Should I just email them, introduce myself, and explain the predicament?

Kathy

yes, email them with all of your info and the reservation number. The will reply shortly.

Congratulations on your trip and the AKL CL is wonderful.

Kathy

Have a great time! We fell in love with AKL CL on our Oct trip, and Don from IPO was great!!

Kathy

Definitely contact them. The IPO office at AKL is the best, and especially Don. I was told that they do not always receive the contact information for their guests (especially if you book through at TA) -- they will be happy to assist you if you call or email them. Enjoy -- the CL lounge at the AKL is wonderful, and so is the Sunrise Safari if you get the chance to take it. :goodvibes

We received an email from our IPO at about 180 days. A few of the things we requested couldn't be booked until the 90 day mark. They assured me they would keep the requests and do that for us when it was avaialble to book. Will they send me a confirmation when they do that ? We are at 87 days and I haven't heard anything!

We are staying Poly CL in the end of August.. I had asked the IPO to keep checking for the Wishes Dessert Party for any of the dates that we will be there. Online the calendar for August is greyed out for that event, but if you manually enter the specific date it comes up. Since you have to input your Credit card and pay for the ressie, I called IPO before finalizing online... they checked again for me and said it was still not available!! I asked them to remove that request and explained how I just booked it online. I proceeded to give her my confirmation number to add to our itinerary!!! Very surprised that I could get it myself by a "back door" in the system and IPO couldn't!! :confused:

We are staying Poly CL in the end of August.. I had asked the IPO to keep checking for the Wishes Dessert Party for any of the dates that we will be there. Online the calendar for August is greyed out for that event, but if you manually enter the specific date it comes up. Since you have to input your Credit card and pay for the ressie, I called IPO before finalizing online... they checked again for me and said it was still not available!! I asked them to remove that request and explained how I just booked it online. I proceeded to give her my confirmation number to add to our itinerary!!! Very surprised that I could get it myself by a "back door" in the system and IPO couldn't!! :confused:
Thanks for posting this. We're staying CR CL at the end of August and I've been waiting for the dates to open up for the dessert party too. I'll have to give it a try! :thumbsup2

Update: I couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll have to wait. :sad1:

Thanks for posting this. We're staying CR CL at the end of August and I've been waiting for the dates to open up for the dessert party too. I'll have to give it a try! :thumbsup2

Update: I couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll have to wait. :sad1:

Lisa.. when you get to the dining section on the WDW site, manually enter the date you want. By default it should say todays date. Make sure you enter it with any zeros... for example 08/27/2011. If you dont put the zero in front of the 8, it wont work. There is a thread on here under restaurants..it has worked for a bunch of people already!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41278715#post41278715

Hope it works for you!

Lisa.. when you get to the dining section on the WDW site, manually enter the date you want. By default it should say todays date. Make sure you enter it with any zeros... for example 08/27/2011. If you dont put the zero in front of the 8, it wont work. There is a thread on here under restaurants..it has worked for a bunch of people already!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41278715#post41278715

Hope it works for you!
Thanks - I'll give it a try - I wasn't using the zero. . . :goodvibes

Update: IT WORKED!! :cool1: Thank you so much for the tip, Robin! :thumbsup2

Thanks - I'll give it a try - I wasn't using the zero. . . :goodvibes

Update: IT WORKED!! :cool1: Thank you so much for the tip, Robin! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear it!!! Enjoy your trip!!

Looks like we will be there around the same time!!!! We are doing the dessert party 8/25!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter