Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I have to ask so I don't look silly when we get there. We are staying at BC. this will be our first Club Level stay. I booked it because we are arriving 3 days before our planned 2 week vacation w/ family. We won't have passes or our dinning plan until we check into our other reservation. Will they stock our fridge for us or can we take drinks from the lounge and bring them back to our room?Can we also take food back to our room? We have 2 babies so it may not be easy for us all to go to the lounge. Is there anything else I should know or due while there? TIA only 56 more days!!!
I am not sure if they are able to stock your fridge with anything before you arrive, however you can always take drinks and food back to your room.

Oh My!!!:eek:

I learned something last week regarding Contemporary Resort in Winter months that I hadn't realized before.

I know it was an unusual occurrence in the weather patterns for Central Fla, but it's entirely possible anytime from Dec-Feb to have sub-freezing temps.

Whenever it's cold outside, it will be cold inside the main Tower @ the CR due to the 4 HUGE Barn Doors, (monorail entrances;)) that are always open on each end of the building. The CR's heating capacity just doesn't/can't keep up with the cold air pushed into the building by those monorail trains every few minutes.

This impacts every area in the main tower open to the main atrium and is to be considered when choosing dining ressies in Chef Mickeys & shopping etc. You WILL need cold weather gear while eating if you're in there during these Arctic air blasts.

I wasn't up in the CL areas during the frigid cold. Anyone here have any input about how much the cold air permeated those areas last week??

Thanx

Oh My!!!:eek:

I learned something last week regarding Contemporary Resort in Winter months that I hadn't realized before.

I know it was an unusual occurrence in the weather patterns for Central Fla, but it's entirely possible anytime from Dec-Feb to have sub-freezing temps.

Whenever it's cold outside, it will be cold inside the main Tower @ the CR due to the 4 HUGE Barn Doors, (monorail entrances;)) that are always open on each end of the building. The CR's heating capacity just doesn't/can't keep up with the cold air pushed into the building by those monorail trains every few minutes.

This impacts every area in the main tower open to the main atrium and is to be considered when choosing dining ressies in Chef Mickeys & shopping etc. You WILL need cold weather gear while eating if you're in there during these Arctic air blasts.

I wasn't up in the CL areas during the frigid cold. Anyone here have any input about how much the cold air permeated those areas last week??

Thanx
A few weeks ago my family and I had went to visit the Contemporary because we wanted to get something to eat the Contempo Cafe. Well the second we got onto the 4th floor we felt cold right away and it didn't help that they have the opening spaces for the Monorail's each time they come in and out. Anyway we decided it was best to get our order to go and eat it back in our room at the Boardwalk Inn.

Good Morning CR FAN!

Loved your pics and review of the BWI. Was hoping you could elaborate on the lounge offerings during your stay? Please!

Good Morning CR FAN!

Loved your pics and review of the BWI. Was hoping you could elaborate on the lounge offerings during your stay? Please!
On the nights we were in the lounge from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM some of the hot food items they had was Duck Quesadillas, Veggie Spring Rolls, Spanakopita, Prosciutto Wrapped Sea Scallops, Blue Crab Cheese Cake and Meatballs. Personally my favorite was the Duck Quesadillas.

They also had various Cheeses each night, Orzo Salad, Pita Breads with Hummus and etc.

So I am reading, but wanted to get a head start on POLY CL. Laggon view, Garden view, or the view of the park.
CR, the tower view or Garden view.
I am looking to doing Oct for MNSSHP, so I will have time to save:scared1:. I plan on laying down the hefty deposit some time at the end of Feb(hopeing for a deal:cool1:) so I will have time to decide on wich resort to stay. Right now I am going back fourth day to day with the two.

We stayed Poly CL in August and enjoyed it so much that we're staying again in February. We had a great experience. I had read negative reviews before my trip as well so I was nervous. I suspect that having read all those negative reviews altered my expectations so when everything went beautifully, I was even happier. We never encountered the things that people have been describing recently (other than the lack of remote for the DVD player). Everybody (CMs and guests alike) was very nice and friendly and respectful and everything we encountered seemed to be in fairly good shape and clean.

I agree that you should pay for the view that you really want. We don't care so much about view so we just get GV. One of the many reasons we like CL at Poly is for that lounge overlooking MK with easy access to the lounge offerings while watching fireworks. I quite enjoyed sitting outside my GV room to read and drink coffee in the morning; the view didn't matter (the resort is beautiful so still a beautiful view IMO). Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't turn down an upgraded view, but I do enjoy the GV so it would be a waste of money * for me and my family * to pay extra for lagoon or MK view. If I wasn't paying for CL then I'd still only pay for GV rather than put that extra money towards a better view.

Look through pictures of the two resorts to see which best suits your own tastes. As much as CR's location has me contemplating a stay there, the rooms do nothing for me so we'll stick with Poly. We love the theming and general feel of the resort.

On the nights we were in the lounge from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM some of the hot food items they had was Duck Quesadillas, Veggie Spring Rolls, Spanakopita, Prosciutto Wrapped Sea Scallops, Blue Crab Cheese Cake and Meatballs. Personally my favorite was the Duck Quesadillas.

They also had various Cheeses each night, Orzo Salad, Pita Breads with Hummus and etc.

Sounds yummy....do you recall if there was yogurt at breakfast?

WDWKOOK
Your pictures of WL CL are awesome. They bring back wonderful memories of our CL stay in July this year. My son was crazy about the chocolate chocolate chip muffins. We have reservations already for another stay - Thanksgiving 2011. We will be in WDW April 2011 for 2 nights after our cruise - but we are trying Poly CL.
Hope you had a great trip!!
Debbie

One night while my family and I were in the Innkeeper's Club lounge we were speaking with one of the Cast Members when this lady came up and asked if she could have a bottle of wine to bring back to their room. She was told they are not allowed to give out full bottles but it was ok to get them a glass of whatever she wanted. Well the guest then claims that the day before another Cast Member got someone a bottle of wine, then went onto to say how nothing has gone right since they checked-in. The Cast Member then said whoever did that was wrong and should not have done that, assuming that's actually true. Personally after that happened I thought this guest was lying because what good would it be to mention how nothing has gone right from them, so I don't believe that another Cast Member gave someone a full bottle of wine. Anyway what do you all think?

One night while my family and I were in the Innkeeper's Club lounge we were speaking with one of the Cast Members when this lady came up and asked if she could have a bottle of wine to bring back to their room. She was told they are not allowed to give out full bottles but it was ok to get them a glass of whatever she wanted. Well the guest then claims that the day before another Cast Member got someone a bottle of wine, then went onto to say how nothing has gone right since they checked-in. The Cast Member then said whoever did that was wrong and should not have done that, assuming that's actually true. Personally after that happened I thought this guest was lying because what good would it be to mention how nothing has gone right from them, so I don't believe that another Cast Member gave someone a full bottle of wine. Anyway what do you all think?

I don't believe a CM would give anyone a full bottle of wine. I was always under the impression that one adult could only take 2 drinks out of the lounge at a time.

Maybe the guest saw a CM give someone a bottle of water. Or maybe they were just lying.

Ya kind of sort of!, for one she might of miss interputed the guest the free bottle?,you have to some what give the guest the benefet of the dought. My oppion she was try to throw out a kine and seeing if the cm would bite on it,and when it did not she try to say how bad things are going to get what she wanted. This is really to bad,this gives us Disney guests a real bad image
I hope they learn from acting so inmature

I think guests should not expect the club lounges to be their own personal liquor stores and expect full bottles of wine! Ridiculous, and would be a bad precedent for the lounge to establish. I don't think any of those very smart cast members at BWI would give out full bottles of wine. I don't believe the guest--she should be happy to settle for the glasses.

I did get, without asking, a full bottle to take back to the room---but it was water.

Last time we stayed CL at AKV I asked for a bottle of water to keep in the room. I almost passed out on the bus one night, and when we got back to the hotel NOTHING was open - not the lounge, not Mara, not Zawadi - NOTHING. The CM was very sweet and gave me a bottle of water in case something like that happened again. She handed it to me in a paper sack, so I *suppose* if someone was watching they might have assumed it was wine. :confused3

I'm a wine snob (just in what I drink, not in what other people do) and when we stayed at the Polynesian we brought with us three bottles of wine for our week's stay, mostly to drink in our own room after our son was asleep. One night we had pizza (which we also brought in) and ate in the lounge because the rooms are so small and don't have a dining table. We also brought a bottle of our own wine, which we opened in the room (we did ask if it was OK before coming up with our own wine and food), and used the club lounges plates and glasses. I guess someone observing that could have thought we "got" a whole bottle of wine from the club lounge, though no one said anything to us. (And it was a much, much nicer bottle than anything offered, though if you don't know wine, you probably wouldn't know that either.)

We did share both the wine and the pizza with another couple we'd met earlier in the week.

Maybe the guest saw a CM give someone a bottle of water. Or maybe they were just lying.
It could have been that she saw someone getting a bottle of water and we even got a bottle of Evian to keep in our room. However there is a difference because the bottle of Evian was clear and a bottle of Wine is not, so chances are she was lying.

When we were at WDW, we stayed on the club level. One night my mom went to ask for for a "glass" of wine and the gentlemen told her she could have the rest of bottle. it was already opened but it only seemed that maybe one glass had been poured. Maybe he was in good mood that night, who knows. So i do believe that it could have happened. And on another night we did get a whole bottle of water for the room.

When we were at WDW, we stayed on the club level. One night my mom went to ask for for a "glass" of wine and the gentlemen told her she could have the rest of bottle. it was already opened but it only seemed that maybe one glass had been poured. Maybe he was in good mood that night, who knows. So i do believe that it could have happened. And on another night we did get a whole bottle of water for the room.

On several different trips we were offered the rest of an open bottle when we were the last in the lounge near closing. We never asked and usually we did not accept as we were going to bed anyway. IMO the other guest should not have asked and I can't imagine anyone going out of their for someone with that kind of attitude.

On our 2nd night at the Boardwalk my family and I had walked back into our room and noticed a chocolate picture fram with a picture that said Disney Boardwalk on a plate with little chocolates and a card that said Welcome Back !!! The Innkeepers Club. Anyway here is a picture of it for those who want to see it.

IMG_1459.jpg

Just booked a last minute trip for this weekend!

I remember reading a while back that they were trying leaving the club lounge open 24 hours at the YC. Does anyone know if they are still doing that or was that not a success? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter