Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My big concern about ESPN is Super Bowl Sunday, which I imagine will be the worst for noise. Of course, we tend to turn in fairly early everynight and really don't care much for noise in general. I guess I'll need to tuck our white noise machine in the bag and hope for the best.
The radio in the room might have that. You can hook an ipod up to it.

:wizard:Hope you don't get a room close to the ESPN club!:wizard:

Ok, I finally read through this whole thread! We are staying CL at WL for Thanksgiving 2011. This will be our first time to try the club level at WL. We have stayed CL before at GF. From what I have read it looks like we are going to love it.

:rotfl2:

Well I look at it like this. There are things I like equally about both the Contemporary and Boardwalk Inn, so I am going to leave it at that and no my user name won't be changed, lol.

So you can keep your user name, but WE know it is really CR Resort Fan 4 Life Who Loves BWI Equally

Because of WDW's brand new room only offer we switched our Standard Club Level Room reservation at the Boardwalk for this August to a Deluxe Club Level Room, which is 35% the rack rate. Originally we were scheduled to be there from August 8 - August 22, however we are now there from August 17 - August 31, since the discounted rate starts on the 16th. Anyway I am very excited about it since this will be our 2nd time staying in a Deluxe Room, plus the fact we know we will be getting the Boardwalk view. We requested a room on the 4th floor since that is where the lounge is, however if we get one on the 3rd floor I won't mind since the balconies are a lot bigger. So either way we can't go wrong.

CR Fan Who Loves BWI equally-- very glad you ended up with the deluxe room. I love the extra room in there, and you cannot beat the view. It's always good to know that you will definitely have the boardwalk view!

Glad you also got to use the room only offer. I can never ever use it because, when I take the grandkids, I have to wait until their school calendar is set and I can see what dates we can go.

CR Fan Who Loves BWI equally-- very glad you ended up with the deluxe room. I love the extra room in there, and you cannot beat the view. It's always good to know that you will definitely have the boardwalk view!

Glad you also got to use the room only offer. I can never ever use it because, when I take the grandkids, I have to wait until their school calendar is set and I can see what dates we can go.
We were originally going to wait until this Monday to change our reservation since that's when booking with the promotion was going to start. However I read of others calling and being able to do it now, so we figured why wait and we were lucky enough to get it done a lot faster.

Just booked 2 nights at CR CL!! A dream come true! We are going to do 7nights free dining at CBR and then switch to CR for our last two nights. I can't believe how much I am paying for those two nights even with the discount code but I am so excited to be going!

Just booked 2 nights at CR CL!! A dream come true! We are going to do 7nights free dining at CBR and then switch to CR for our last two nights. I can't believe how much I am paying for those two nights even with the discount code but I am so excited to be going!
I hope you have a great time. :thumbsup2

Because of WDW's brand new room only offer we switched our Standard Club Level Room reservation at the Boardwalk for this August to a Deluxe Club Level Room, which is 35% the rack rate. Originally we were scheduled to be there from August 8 - August 22, however we are now there from August 17 - August 31, since the discounted rate starts on the 16th. Anyway I am very excited about it since this will be our 2nd time staying in a Deluxe Room, plus the fact we know we will be getting the Boardwalk view. We requested a room on the 4th floor since that is where the lounge is, however if we get one on the 3rd floor I won't mind since the balconies are a lot bigger. So either way we can't go wrong.

Congrats on booking!:cool1:

I'm thinking of a family trip around the same time but we might do a 1BR at AKL Kidani instead. I would love the washser/dryer in the summer and extra room and extra bathroom. BUT...not sure I want to give up CL convenience and BW location. DH keeps saying he doesn't want to stay in a villa but I think he would enjoy it...but he also enjoys CL service. A 1BR savanna view would be about $35 more than BWI standard CL and about $55 cheaper than deluxe CL. As much as I would love a deluxe CL room I just don't think I can justify the extra $90/night.

And....I also know DH really wants to try vacationing somewhere else.:scared1:

CR Fan- I see you have another BWI tripped booked!! :thumbsup2

We had a FABULOUS stay at BWI CL in early November. Lorenzo and Anita are top notch and so much fun to chat with. We did get our 4th floor Deluxe room and I was blown away by the size (pictures just don't do it justice) We have stayed lodge tower at the GF before and the BWI deluxe rooms are MUCH bigger. We did think the food offerings in the evening at GF RPC had more offerings, but I still prefer BWI overall.

That being said, I just can't handle sharing a bus with 2 other resorts (and sometimes all 5 share one), so we are booked at the BC for June. Plus, as nice as the Luna pool was, we had the chance to swim at SAB in the early part of our trip as Luna finished its refurbishment and SAB is the ONLY pool we want to swim in during the summer months! :beach:

As of now, we are booked non CL at the BC, but I am thinking about upgrading to CL either there or YC. (The #1 reason for considering YC at all is since they board the buses first when going to MK).

I read that the nondeluxe CL rooms at the BC are on the same floor as the lounge. Is this also the case at YC? How is the service at both? I fear we are spoiled for life by the BWI CM's so any CL will have tough standards to meet after them! :rotfl:

Any suggestions/opinions anyone can offer are greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

CR Fan- I see you have another BWI tripped booked!! :thumbsup2

We had a FABULOUS stay at BWI CL in early November. Lorenzo and Anita are top notch and so much fun to chat with. We did get our 4th floor Deluxe room and I was blown away by the size (pictures just don't do it justice) We have stayed lodge tower at the GF before and the BWI deluxe rooms are MUCH bigger. We did think the food offerings in the evening at GF RPC had more offerings, but I still prefer BWI overall.
Lorenzo, Antia, JJ, Jackie and everyone else is top notch, so their great service is one of the main reasons why we enjoy staying there.

Personally we liked the food offerings from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM and the desserts from 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM a bit better at the Contemporary, although not by much. However we thought the Boardwalk has a better selection for breakfast.

Lorenzo, Antia, JJ, Jackie and everyone else is top notch, so their great service is one of the main reasons why we enjoy staying there.

Personally we liked the food offerings from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM and the desserts from 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM a bit better at the Contemporary, although not by much. However we thought the Boardwalk has a better selection for breakfast.

ITA, especially since it seemed to rotate daily. My DH, however, really missed the cold cuts that they have out for breakfast at RPC.

I liked the midday offerings as well (I can still taste those yummy potato chips!!!) But I thought it was strange that the beverage were in a bucket and not in a fridge. :confused: Call my crazy, but I want my Diet Coke ICE COLD and it rarely was if you grabbed right from the bucket. (Problem was overted by grabbing a few cans and placing them in my ice cold room fridge ;))

Also, I forgot to post earlier, I thought the staff was great at keeping the offerings refilled. There were a couple of mornings where we would stumble in 20 minutes before the end of breakfast, and they were still setting out fresh foods. Ditto for the twilight dessert hour.

ITA, especially since it seemed to rotate daily. My DH, however, really missed the cold cuts that they have out for breakfast at RPC.

I liked the midday offerings as well (I can still taste those yummy potato chips!!!) But I thought it was strange that the beverage were in a bucket and not in a fridge. :confused: Call my crazy, but I want my Diet Coke ICE COLD and it rarely was if you grabbed right from the bucket. (Problem was overted by grabbing a few cans and placing them in my ice cold room fridge ;))

Also, I forgot to post earlier, I thought the staff was great at keeping the offerings refilled. There were a couple of mornings where we would stumble in 20 minutes before the end of breakfast, and they were still setting out fresh foods. Ditto for the twilight dessert hour.
Love the BWI CL breakfast variety.

My beverage "issue" was that they don't have room to leave the ice tea out after the afternoon snacks. I'm pretty sure it is out until late at night at AKL & Poly but they just don't have the room at BWI CL.

Those chips did taste great and I also know they are offered with meals at Gasparilla's Grill & Games at the Grand Floridian and the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary.

I didn't mind that they don't have a fridge to keep the drinks and there was always a bucket of ice to put into a glass with the drinks. I am not even sure they would have room for a fridge.

Finally they were still replacing the food items right until it was time to take them away, so at least they kept up with that.

We were originally going to wait until this Monday to change our reservation since that's when booking with the promotion was going to start. However I read of others calling and being able to do it now, so we figured why wait and we were lucky enough to get it done a lot faster.

You will really enjoy the extra space, my DH will only stay in these at BWI or GF now. We enjoy the food at the Innkeepers Club but RPC at GF is still better for us food wise. We prefer both to CR food offerings but CR still hold a very special place in my heart. I love the feeling of being in MK that I get while staying there.

We booked a Deluxe CL room BWI for Star Wars weekend in June and will split the stay with GF RPC trying to make everyone in the family happy.

Your August trip is a great length wish we were able to stay that long, eight nights is usually our limit for being away from the office and the kids activities.

Recently returned from Polynesian, stayed club level, and to say I was not impressed was a vast understatement. See the Polynesian FAQ thread for my full review (including club level services), but suffice to say, I'd say pay for the view at whatever hotel you want (in my opinion, not the Polynesian) buy a six-pack of beer or soda and skip club level. Just not worth it.

ITA - We stayed CL at the Poly last May and you are correct in that the service was WAY sub-par. We thoroughly enjoyed our Cl stay at the Poly the year before, but after our last experience, we will probably never again stay there! I'm so sorry to even write these words, as we truly did love the Poly - and my grandson keeps wondering why we're even considering anyplace else.... However, our next trip will not include the Poly - CL or otherwise....

Hi!!! I'm so excited....we just booked 5 nights At YC lagoon view club level followed by 2 nights outer club at Grand Floridian!!! (with the new promo.) :dance3:

We have stayed at YC club level several times but never at GF. I'm planning on those 2 nights as more relaxing days to enjoy the resort & club services. We like a quieter atmosphere, so that's why I chose outer building. Was it a good choice for that reason?

Please give me some info on GF everybody. I've seen the generic food listings for GF but can anyone tell me about the specifics of the evening offerings? Anything you specifically remember that they had? We know what's offered at YC.

Thanks for any info!!:goodvibes

You will really enjoy the extra space, my DH will only stay in these at BWI or GF now. We enjoy the food at the Innkeepers Club but RPC at GF is still better for us food wise. We prefer both to CR food offerings but CR still hold a very special place in my heart. I love the feeling of being in MK that I get while staying there.

We booked a Deluxe CL room BWI for Star Wars weekend in June and will split the stay with GF RPC trying to make everyone in the family happy.

Your August trip is a great length wish we were able to stay that long, eight nights is usually our limit for being away from the office and the kids activities.
We stayed in a Boardwalk Deluxe Room this past August so we already know how great it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter