Come on Estoppel!!!!

We passed ROFR on 9/26 and are still waiting on estoppel and closing docs. It seems the estoppel process has been taking about 3 weeks so we are hopeful for this week. We have an April UY and are hoping to be able to bank points by the 11/30 deadline, so we are cutting it close as we are new members. Otherwise, we will try to book a vacation using the points before March 30th.

ask the broker to have the seller book the points for you. the contract we're purchasing has an April use year also and we did the same thing.

ask the broker to have the seller book the points for you. the contract we're purchasing has an April use year also and we did the same thing.
Received closing docs today! We are hoping to have the points and membership number before 11/30, so we can decide to book a trip or bank.

Received closing docs today! We are hoping to have the points and membership number before 11/30, so we can decide to book a trip or bank.
Congrats! What title company? We passed on 9/30 with expiring points and my fingers are crossed we get closing docs this week too!

Congrats! What title company? We passed on 9/30 with expiring points and my fingers are crossed we get closing docs this week too!
We purchased from DVC Resale market and the title company is Timeshare Title & More. We passed on 9/26 so it was exactly 3 weeks. My fingers are crossed for you too! It should be soon.

I passed ROFR on 9/20/2016 and still waiting for closing documents :oops:

Me too! Our agent said to expect our closing docs around 10/31. Did yours specify a date? With everyone else who passed on the 20th or after already getting their docs, I'm wondering if I should contact my agent? Or should I wait until after the 31st?

Me too! Our agent said to expect our closing docs around 10/31. Did yours specify a date? With everyone else who passed on the 20th or after already getting their docs, I'm wondering if I should contact my agent? Or should I wait until after the 31st?
that is a long time....I passed on the same day and we already got our docs and sent them back in....sellers signed as well so we are in the homestretch. Positive good thoughts coming your way. I would call them for sure.

that is a long time....I passed on the same day and we already got our docs and sent them back in....sellers signed as well so we are in the homestretch. Positive good thoughts coming your way. I would call them for sure.

Should I contact the broker or the closing company?

Getting a little annoyed here to... Passed ROFR 9/21 and still waiting on closing docs. Ugggg

I agree...contact the title company...they have been my main point of contact and I have been like a gnat buzzing in their ear. I think they are moving fast to get rid of me hahaha
How did you get a POC from your title company? My contract has an address and phone number but not a direct number, name, or email address.

How did you get a POC from your title company? My contract has an address and phone number but not a direct number, name, or email address.
Surprisingly enough I got a contact name and number from the broker in my initial package I had to fill out giving them my correct spelling of name and contact information. From there the title company has kept me in the loop every step of the way and been great about answering all the following emails I sent them with any questions.

Surprisingly enough I got a contact name and number from the broker in my initial package I had to fill out giving them my correct spelling of name and contact information. From there the title company has kept me in the loop every step of the way and been great about answering all the following emails I sent them with any questions.
LUCKY!!! If anyone has a POC for First American help a girl out!!! I am going to wait until the full 3 weeks has expired before reaching out, but I'm SO impatient so just knowing I have someone to reach out to would be great!

I emailed the agent. She said she is sending them now. Not sure why I had to ask about them.
That would make me crazy. Things like this is why I end up being impatient and bothersome. I wonder how long you would have waited if you hadn't emailed her!

Squeeky wheel gets the grease....sad but that is the only way you get things done sometimes.
Because of this thread I went ahead and was annoying and emailed the broker. She said the title company just sent them the documents to approve and they did and then to let her know if I don't get them from the title company by Friday. AHHHH if they have them now why can't they just email them!!?? Why am I so impatient!!? :)

So again... does anyone have an email address for someone at First American Title? :)

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest