• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come on Estoppel!!!!

Because of this thread I went ahead and was annoying and emailed the broker. She said the title company just sent them the documents to approve and they did and then to let her know if I don't get them from the title company by Friday. AHHHH if they have them now why can't they just email them!!?? Why am I so impatient!!? :)

So again... does anyone have an email address for someone at First American Title? :)
This is the email they give on their webpage for general information: FloridaContactUs@firstam.com Googled it so I think that is it.

One reminder for those of us still waiting after passing ROFR in September -- they are still recuperating from a hurricane. I'm antsy, too, but I know our title company had no mail or power for several days. And Disney offices were closed for a couple of days, too. So feel free to call and ask, but a minor delay is understandable considering the circumstances.

Passed ROFR on 9/28, just received closing docs today. Sent out in this afternoon's mail so hopefully we will move along soon!

Passed ROFR on 9/28/ Have not heard a thing. Our title company is in las vegas if that makes a difference. No hurricanes so far

Documents received and signed. Will send back tomorrow!

(Passed ROFR 9/20). Title company was closed for a week due to hurricane/power outage.

Woohoo closing docs received today! I wired the money and sent the documents. They should be back to the title company by Friday. Here is our timeline so far:
Sent ROFR 9/21
Passed ROFR 9/30
Closing documents received 10/19

Sent ROFR 9/13
Passed ROFR 9/20
Closing docs received 10/18- only because I emailed the agent o_O
Closing docs returned 10/20- :D

Hopefully seller returns quickly too.

Sent ROFR 9/13
Passed ROFR 9/20
Closing docs received 10/18- only because I emailed the agent o_O
Closing docs returned 10/20- :D

Hopefully seller returns quickly too.

Yup, that email seems to work. Received closing docs today. Signed and got cashier's check. Will send by ups/fed ex tomorrow.

Sent for ROFR - 10/3
Passed - 10/11
Closing docs rec'd - 10/28 (I was hoping that would happen so I emailed the title company this morning to see if they had gotten it and got a call back this afternoon)

Happy birthday to me! (my birthday is Monday)

Offer 9/4
Accepted 9/5
Sent to Disney for ROFR 9/8
Passed ROFR 9/21
Closing Docs 10/17
Deed recorded 10/20
Membership number received by phone 10/27
Booked April Vacation 10/28 :tongue:

Sent for ROFR - 10/19
Waived - 10/28
Closing docs rec'd - 11/3

This is going so much faster than our last resale purchase!

Which company are you using? That's super fast. Ours just got sent for ROFR today.

This is a VGC contract, so we're using First American Title in Las Vegas. They have been fantastic. A huge step up from our previous experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter