(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just smoke in the parking lot? Last October we stayed at POFQ, we were on the 1st floor, we just walked out to the parking lot and smoked. No one was ever around. We just took a cup with us for the butts. We are staying at POP in January I was hoping it would be the same way. What do you think?

Dumb question here, forgive me:upsidedow : Are there DSAs in any of the parks? DH and I are planning to go Sept. 08 and I will never convince him to go if he can't smoke.

Thank goodness! I know now (thanks DIS) that I need to ask for a room near a DSA and we'll just keep eyes peeled for ashtrays in the parks.

Yes there are several DSA's in the park. None of them are covered though.

We smoked in the parking lot as well and never had and problems or anyone say anything to us.

The only time we had a problem was a Magic Kingdom and the DSA right below the TomorrowLand Terrace. We had been smoking there all week and our last night the area was blocked off for private viewing of the Fireworks. Everyone was smoking right in the walkway. We decided to be a little more courteous and back away from the crowd to the side of the bathrooms away from everyone. The smoking Nazi came over and yelled at us (yes he yelled) and told us that we couldn't smoke there that we had to go to the above mentioned DSA. We explained to him that we would but the area was blocked off. So he goes over there and sees that there is a rope there and exclaims "Well who did this??? Who put this here?" I told him that I didn't work for Disney so I didn't know..... he then proceeded to move the rope down so that the 'horrible smokers' would be in the stairwell and could smoke there.

The only time we had a problem was a Magic Kingdom and the DSA right below the TomorrowLand Terrace. We had been smoking there all week and our last night the area was blocked off for private viewing of the Fireworks. Everyone was smoking right in the walkway. We decided to be a little more courteous and back away from the crowd to the side of the bathrooms away from everyone. The smoking Nazi came over and yelled at us (yes he yelled) and told us that we couldn't smoke there that we had to go to the above mentioned DSA. We explained to him that we would but the area was blocked off. So he goes over there and sees that there is a rope there and exclaims "Well who did this??? Who put this here?" I told him that I didn't work for Disney so I didn't know..... he then proceeded to move the rope down so that the 'horrible smokers' would be in the stairwell and could smoke there.

We've run into that situation, too. When the rope was up, there was a CM standing there who said she didn't know what we were supposed to do. Everybody just stood by the rope, smoked their cigarette, then moved on without incident. The trash cans with the ashtrays on top were right there so I guess it was ok.:confused3

I'm in the process of going through this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the DSAs at Wilderness Lodge? We'll be there in January, so my main concern is if they're shielded from the elements at all? Also, has anyone had any success in getting a standard room somewhere near a DSA there?

When I called to make that a request on my reservation, a rather rude CM pointed out that there are no standard rooms "anywhere near" the smoking areas and that if we want to be close, we should upgrade to courtyard view. We're staying 11 nights - an extra $700 just have a shot at a room close to a smoking area simply isn't in the budget!

ETA: Feel free to tell me if I'm just overreacting about the distance to the couple DSAs that are marked on the map. I've never stayed at or even visited WL in the past, so while the map is helpful, I'm looking at it without any sense of scale whatsoever!

Colleen27, I had asked this question a short time back and one of the posters told me that there is one just off the pathway as you walk from the busses to the lodge. There is an arcade and the path is just before you reach the arcade. We have stayed there before so I am pretty sure where it is located. The other one on the map is close to the beach, which is the opposite site of the resort.I have been thinking of downgrading from a courtyard view to a standard to be close to the DSA in the front of the lodge. I hope this helps.

Colleen27, I had asked this question a short time back and one of the posters told me that there is one just off the pathway as you walk from the busses to the lodge. There is an arcade and the path is just before you reach the arcade. We have stayed there before so I am pretty sure where it is located. The other one on the map is close to the beach, which is the opposite site of the resort.I have been thinking of downgrading from a courtyard view to a standard to be close to the DSA in the front of the lodge. I hope this helps.

I believe I am that poster and that DSA is what we were referring to as the "herion den"

We had woods view, in the main building, room 5091, so the DSA by the arcade was a short and quick elevator ride down and about a 50 yard walk. (give or take)

The DSA at the beach is behind the bar, there are umbrella'd table there, it was actually a nice area, if your kids are old enough we you can leave the pool area for a 5-10 minute break, its great, but my kids are still young - so DH had to stay at the pool while I smoke. For once I would like to have a smoke with my DH (he doesn't smoke), but doesn't mind the smell either. But we couldn't just have that time alone, which really bothered me.

Just got back from a trip with my parents (smokers).

It was my 1st trip having to look for DSAs but it worked really well. They easily found it at the resort and it was very comfortable. At the parks they were easy as well, hardest at AKL then anywhere else. But overall at the resorts we found DSAs easy to locate.

We had woods view, in the main building, room 5091, so the DSA by the arcade was a short and quick elevator ride down and about a 50 yard walk. (give or take)

I didn't realize there were woods view in the main building. Thanks for that info. I am going to call to request :scared1: the main building. Your info on the DSA at WL has been great. Thank you so much.

I didn't realize there were woods view in the main building. Thanks for that info. I am going to call to request :scared1: the main building. Your info on the DSA at WL has been great. Thank you so much.

You're very welcome. You should request room 5091 - its a corner room right by the stairs, with access to all the cubbies.

If you do get that room - would you mind looking for DD's mickey earring? :lmao: :lmao:

If you do get that room - would you mind looking for DD's mickey earring? :lmao: :lmao:

I sure will! I just called and asked them main building, close to the DSA and she was very nice and said she would note it.Thanks again for your info. Planning a resort can be fun and sort of nerve racking and then add need for smoking areas on the ressie on top of that. It will certainly not ruin my vacation if I am not close to one but it would be nice to be in the general vicinity.

Does anyone know if the outside deck/seating area in the Samoa longhouse is a DSA?

I know that the ones located in Tuvalu, Figi & Aotearoa are, but I've been unable to get info on Somao. Seems that CRO does not know.

Your help is greatly appreciated! :flower3:

Does anyone know if the outside deck/seating area in the Samoa longhouse is a DSA?

I know that the ones located in Tuvalu, Figi & Aotearoa are, but I've been unable to get info on Somao. Seems that CRO does not know.

Looks like Somoa is not one of the Longhouses with smoking area on the deck. You can see the smoking areas nearby on this map:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PolynesianMap.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rarotonga also has a DSA on the Deck.

Rarotonga also has a DSA on the Deck.

Thank you! I did just uncover that little piece of info, and also that Rarotonga shares this deck with Niue!!! I think I'm going to request Niue 2nd floor, in the room closest to the door to the deck (DSA). I'm thinking since the 2nd floor doesn't have a balcony, it is a good possibility I'll get my request! ;)

Hi all,

We leave in a week and I am so glad to have found this board; thanks for all the info. :thumbsup2 Once I found out about this new policy, I wasn't looking forward to it :scared: but your post here are helping to easy that feeling. To be truthful, the only reason we are still staying onsite is the dining plan. :yay: Guess we will see how it goes this time.

I know the maps are posted (Thanks) and so on but I also see from the post that there seem to be more, and sometimes less, DSA's then noted on the maps so I thought I should ask how they are at CBeach. Anyone there since this began? We have requested (and paid for) first floor, pool side/view, near DSA in Martinique. Any suggestions? Thanks bunches and have a magical day. :wizard:

Also, we always smoked before entering a park (ie from bus or parking) is this out now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter