(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFID mugs have the chip that activates the mug for use in the new machines. It sounds like you have old mugs which would not work at ASMu because they have switched machines to the RFID machines. Does your mug say Rapid Fill on it anywhere? My guess is no. The new mugs are green, purple and orange and have a Rapid Fill logo on them. Those are the RFID mugs, and the most current mug available. The new mugs are good at any resort, but not at the parks (for now anyway).

Oh okay thanks! I did notice actually when we checked into ASMu that in their cafe they had a sign that stated something about a certain amount of days with different prices with their mugs and ours was just a straight up length of stay with one price when we got ours. Again, we were all on the dining plan so I'm not sure how that works with the mugs, they just give them to us and on our paperwork it states "length of stay" so I'm going to assume it means for your duration at that resort. However, now with this new RFID system, you could probably take it for your split stay once everyone is on board but until then, just speak to a manager.

So I would say that CR still hasn't changed over their mugs yet, but they have changed to the magic bands :)

Good luck all!

Oh okay thanks! I did notice actually when we checked into ASMu that in their cafe they had a sign that stated something about a certain amount of days with different prices with their mugs and ours was just a straight up length of stay with one price when we got ours. Again, we were all on the dining plan so I'm not sure how that works with the mugs, they just give them to us and on our paperwork it states "length of stay" so I'm going to assume it means for your duration at that resort. However, now with this new RFID system, you could probably take it for your split stay once everyone is on board but until then, just speak to a manager.

So I would say that CR still hasn't changed over their mugs yet, but they have changed to the magic bands :)

Good luck all!

If you get the mug with your dining plan, you get to use the mug for the length of your stay under the dining plan. If you move to another resort, unless you get another dining plan there, your mug expires.

The new ones can be used at any resort. POR is set up to go and have been selling the new ones for a little bit now. I believe the new system will start around the 23rd for POR

Port Orleans French Quarter went live today FYI

I am thinking about the new mugs. We used to basically buy 2 mugs (mainly for souvenirs) BUT we would use them very sporadically for refills. Mainly a coffee in the morning for DH or me - maybe a soda at the pool for the kids. So the cost (I think was about $30 total - @ $15/mug) and we might get 4 or 5 refills throughout our trip total.)

NOW - How I would use it...is to buy 1 mug on day one... for $9. Use it for coffee/refills for that day. Then buy a new mug on each day for the next 3 days (4 days total.) So, now I am paying $36 total.... BUT I get 4 mugs (and souvenirs!) total. So I actually like the idea of that. I'd rather pay $36 for 4 souvenirs (which we DO use at home often...so theyre the most used souvenir for us...LOL) then to pay $30 for 2 Souvenirs. Again - the "refill" part of the mug just wasn't our big selling point. We only filled it upon purchase... and then in the AM for coffee or maybe a soda or 2 here and there. PLUS - if we can buy them...and use them for ice water refills for remainder of trip... thats just a plus.

I wouldn't buy all 4 on day one... I would spread it out so that our "refills" lasted all 4 days if that makes sense. Just my thoughts.

If you get the mugs with the dining plan, are they good for both check in and check out day? I'm staying at All Star Sports next month so it may be a little different there with the food court closed but we were planning on breakfasts at Music or Movies.

Soccer32, we just returned home and had asked about TIW for the purchase of mugs. They said the mugs were merchandise so it did not apply for there purchase.

If you get the mugs with the dining plan, are they good for both check in and check out day? I'm staying at All Star Sports next month so it may be a little different there with the food court closed but we were planning on breakfasts at Music or Movies.

Since the dining plan is good from the moment you check in until midnight the day you check out, your mug should be good for those days as well.

I was just looking at the DIS Update email about the Rapid Fill Mug station at the All Star Sports Resort and took notice of the sign posted that read, "Select the number of days you want your souvenir cup activated and enjoy refills of fountain drinks, coffee, and tea at any resort self-service beverage location." The sign clearly states "ANY RESORT SELF-SERVICE BEVERAGE LOCATION." Now the picture of the mug shows the standard "in the resort where this mug purchased." Which is it going to be? Just an observation.

I was just looking at the DIS Update email about the Rapid Fill Mug station at the All Star Sports Resort and took notice of the sign posted that read, "Select the number of days you want your souvenir cup activated and enjoy refills of fountain drinks, coffee, and tea at any resort self-service beverage location." The sign clearly states "ANY RESORT SELF-SERVICE BEVERAGE LOCATION." Now the picture of the mug shows the standard "in the resort where this mug purchased." Which is it going to be? Just an observation.

It is any resort. People have done it. :goodvibes

Boardwalk has updated to the new mugs but still have the old dispenser. Bakery staff said that machine will be in on Aug 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter