• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly is something to think about for our upcoming trip next month. He shared with us last year, but I also wouldn't mind him having his own mug. Then again, I don't want him drinking alot of soda all week, i'd like to mix in some water/juice/milk when possible...Hmmm maybe we will just get him one and not worry about using it everyday for him.

Thanks for the replies!

thanks but are they the ones with the white bottom or the ones with the pattern all the way down?

and also how do they monitor whether you are using a mug bought last vacation? my parents dont really know the rules and want to bring our old ones back because we think those are the ones being sold.

I don't think it's a "can I get by the CM with this" as much as it's an ethical issue where the customer knows the rules and abides by them. If you know the rules and choose not to follow them, you pay any consequences that are heaped on you.

If you do purchase him his own mug maybe you should tell him in advance that he needs to ask you what drinks he can have and you need to always fill up his mug, so he doesn't take a lot. Plus you would always be holding his mug and etc, so whenever he wanted something to drink he needs to ask you first.

I found the mugs didn't seem all that big to me (esp. if you put ice in them) so I'd rather let everyone have their own.

There are non carbonated drinks in the dispensers too. My daughter loves iced tea and Minute Maid Lemonade. I can't say they fall under any form of healthy category, but she loves having her own mug and the independence of filling it (under suprervision ;)). Some kids are happy to share. Once you have bought him his own though, don't try getting some for yourself on a trip and suggesting he shares :rotfl:

I have been getting DD her own since she was 4, she is 6 now. She likes to use hers once we get home too to remind her of the last trip. She usually has the lemonade and maybe a sprite a couple of times during the trip. I have to get her a mug of her own since no one will share with her, she has some horrible backwashing issues.

They are great things to bring home to remember your resort. We still use ours from 2004. Dishwasher safe too.

This year we plan to buy one for each of us, and our 2 year old son. He will just feel so proud having his own and then everybody can drink what they want.

Our 1st year at Disney in 2008 we only bought 2 mugs to share with our 2 daughters which at the time they were ages 12 and 8. By the time we got to the bus line the drinks were gone. We went last year on our 2nd trip to Disney and bought all 4 of us a mug which lasted a bit longer. We are going back in Sept. and def. will be getting 4 mugs again.

I feel like the PP above with the mugs filled mostly with ice there isn't alot of drink in the mugs. I always feel my mug to the rim almost with ice, that way I have alot of ice to munch on when I get to the parks...

On our previous trip in 2006 the four of us shared two mugs. We were only a lift ride and about 200ft walking from our room to the Roaring Fork at the WL so it was reasonably convenient if we wanted to go down and get a drink. Keep in mind that they are selling it as a refillable mug, there is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing that mug if you so desire.

I think that perhaps on this trip we will purchase multiple mugs, although my choice may not be suitable for you. If you think you will make value on buying mugs for the kids, or if it is far more convenient, give it a go. You could always just buy one or two to start with and purchase another on the second day if you find it isn't enough.

Our girls always like to have their own. They like the independence of filling their own mugs (with a watchful eye, of course).

Hi All,

I'm from Australia and we have a different way of looking at things :confused:.

Is it ok to buy 2 refillables each and to fill one with just ice and one with just soda? That is we could melt the ice in our water bottles over the day and drink the soda when we fill it up without ice - most machines are pretty cold and we find here we don't need to add ice?

Thanks for your advice, as we don't want to do the wrong thing.

Cheers,
Deb

We have learned you can ask for a cup of ice for free at any place that sells drinks by the cup, so you wouldn't need to purchase a mug just for ice. I don't see a problem if you do it any way.

Hi All,

Is it ok to buy 2 refillables each and to fill one with just ice and one with just soda? That is we could melt the ice in our water bottles over the day and drink the soda when we fill it up without ice - most machines are pretty cold and we find here we don't need to add ice?

Cheers,
Deb

Hi Deb! Nothing wrong ethically from an American perspective on this. You may get comments about "why" from some folks though. FYI you can actually get ice at counter service for free now. Keep in mnd too that the mugs are only good for soda at the resort. Hope this helped.:)

I'm not sure if this has been asked, So I figure i'd throw it out there. For those of you who have little kids (Our son is 5) What do you do about refillable mugs? Do you share yours with them, or buy a mug for them? I'm not talking about bringing old ones back to a resort or anything. Just buying new ones for the adults and letting little kids share, or do you think it would be better to get everyone their own, even little kids? I really wish they had a junior sized cup available as well...:drinking1

Just a thought: If you have DDP, they will get a drink with their CS meals anyway. Actually, if you order a kids meal w/o DDP you will still be given a drink for them. It comes with the kid's meals.

I've merged this thread on the Refillable Mugs into the 'single thread' we have allocated for R/M discussions.

Thanks,

K

Hi All,

Cheers,
Deb
Hey fellow Aussie!

I see you're preparing for your first trip to WDW, I'm sure you will like it just as much as we did on our first trip!

And no, there is nothing wrong with filling mugs that way. You are allowed to do absolutely anything with them. If you want to fill one with ice from the machine, no problem. If you want to fill one with coffee, one with soft drink, no problem. You pay for the mug and Disney will allow you to do whatever you want with them. Heck, if you really wanted to, you could carry a larger bottle with you, fill the mug, use that to fill the bottle and then fill the mug again! Even if you were doing this, you are still filling the mug and you are entitled to as many refills as you like!

The only point where things go downhill is if you bring mugs from previous trips, but in your case this is obviously not possible!

Enjoy your trip!

Hi All,

Cheers,
Deb

The mugs are not leakproof. So you really can't carry the soda without possibly spilling it. You'd have to hold it upright all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter