(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at okw in June and I want to buy my kids some stuff from the Disneystore.com (got a better selection of things than here in the UK) and I've been looking recently and they keep having great promotions and sales. I would love to buy stuff now but know it would get shipped straight away to either me here in the UK (at a massive postage cost) or to okw over 3 months before we check in which is a bit early I think :confused3.

What I am wondering is how early would be not too early to order stuff from the disneystore.com to get delivered to okw? I really want to get some stuff for goody bags for arriving at Disney.

Thanks. :)

I see the original post from 2010 suggest not to use USPS. :confused3 Do they still only deliver to the PO box or is USPS policy changed at delivering right to the resort.:scratchin The only local way of shipping we have is USPS.:guilty: Do you think if I shipped Priority 10 days before our arrival, our box will make it to CBR on time?:idea:

If you call the desk, once you are in the room for the night. Will they deliver your shipped packages to your room?:confused:

I called CBR the USPS does not deliver directly to the resorts. :eek: You do need to send fedex or UPS. :sad2: I ordered from Garden grocery.:idea:

I called CBR the USPS does not deliver directly to the resorts. :eek: You do need to send fedex or UPS. :sad2:

My husband ordered something from a photography store to be shipped to CSR and it's being sent by USPS. Now that it's already en route, does anyone know if the package will be automatically forwarded to CSR from a central shipping point, or do we need to call to track it down? Any guesses on how long that typically takes?

I had called CSR to check on any special delivery instructions, and they didn't mention anything about *not* using USPS.

Erin

My nephew needs to be on a feeding tube throughout the night. My brother-in-law wants to FedEx the liquid to CBR for our June ressie rather than deal with the airlines. However, they are concerned about what will happen to the shipment until we arrive. (They will ship it so that it arrives a day or two before we arrive.) Has anyone had any experience with shipping special foods or beverages to a WDW resort? I suggested calling CBR and speaking to them directly, but I am curious as to anyone's experiences good or bad? Thanks.

I called back today and double checked with the CBR manager. When asked do they receive packages and ship packages out for resort guests they said yes. When I asked specifically about USPS...they said no. I am picking up UPS boxes to pack and they will ship out for us from there, they stated they would do that.

I am surprised to hear about resorts not dealing with USPS at all. My understanding was that the worst possible outcome would be that the shipment would get funneled through Disney's PO Box and slowly make its way to your resort -- sometimes so slowly that you would already have been there for a day or two. Outright non-delivery of USPS packages seems pretty harsh.

How long will a resort hold a package for? I don't want to end up odrering a package 2-3 weeks before we leave, expecting a longer delivery time, only to find it has been delivered within a week and Disney will be unable to hold it for us! :)

I've never heard of anything having a problem with packages being held. And I've heard of several held for at least a week. My last one probably arrived 4 or 5 days in advance to Boardwalk. They also held it even though it was my name and the reservation somehow got changed to my sister's name. Took them a while to find our check-in materials; no problem with the package. :thumbsup2

My nephew needs to be on a feeding tube throughout the night. My brother-in-law wants to FedEx the liquid to CBR for our June ressie rather than deal with the airlines. However, they are concerned about what will happen to the shipment until we arrive. (They will ship it so that it arrives a day or two before we arrive.) Has anyone had any experience with shipping special foods or beverages to a WDW resort? I suggested calling CBR and speaking to them directly, but I am curious as to anyone's experiences good or bad? Thanks.

My son also has a feeding tube and I was thinking about shipping his supplies and formula down via UPS since it's a lot to bring on the plane (at least one big suitcase to check and then another bag or two to carry on, in addition to all our clothes etc). I hesitate to label it with anything "medical" in case someone thinks it's more exciting than it really is and takes it. But I'm also afraid of our luggage getting lost. He eats nothing by mouth, he lives solely on this special formula due to his medical condition.

Does Kidani Village have a different mailing address from the Animal Kingdom Lodge? All I can find is the address for the Lodge.

Does Kidani Village have a different mailing address from the Animal Kingdom Lodge? All I can find is the address for the Lodge.

This is the address I used for Kidani Village when I shipped in December

Disney’s Animal Kingdom-Kidani
3701 Osceola Pkwy
Lake Buena Vista
Fl

Thanks!!
I appreciate your quick response. We are going there for a week in July. I've never been to Kidani, but I've stayed at The Animal Kingdom Lodge and loved it! We're very excited. Any tips I should know?:banana:

another question... does anyone have the address I need to ship to Art of Animation? Thanks!

Today I was. Given by a resort CM over the phone:

1850 Animation Way
Attn: name and check in date
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

She said they don't like for packages to arrive earlier than 10 days before your visit. I'm seriously considering shipping some items

Thanks!!
I appreciate your quick response. We are going there for a week in July. I've never been to Kidani, but I've stayed at The Animal Kingdom Lodge and loved it! We're very excited. Any tips I should know?:banana:

Kidani is very lovely! It was my first time staying there and we loved it. It's a little ways from the Jambo house but there is a connecting walkway between the two buildings, otherwise there's a small shuttle van that goes back and forth between the two buildings.

Yes! One tip that I didn't know about and I should have known. Not sure if you're getting the refillable mugs or not, but there is a soda station inside the small gift shop in the Kidani lobby. I didn't see it at all for some reason until midway during our trip :rotfl:

Hope you have an amazing time!

Hi all. Just thought I'd throw a suggestion out there for anyone shipping to the resorts. I shipped a bunch of supplies/dry goods -- 3 boxes -- last year (we stayed at WL). My company's shipping department recommended that I ship overnight, not ground -- he said there's a reason for the gorilla throwing around the boxes in the television ads. So, I shipped overnight to WL...ground back to home. The boxes I received at WL were in fabulous condition - like they weren't even shipped. The boxes that were returned back home -- hah! I think there was actually a gorilla along the shipping route.

So, my suggestion -- if the condition of the box/contents matters to you...ship overnight. I think 2nd day was also okay, but overnight is best in this regard.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter