(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if POR uses UPS or another shipping carrier to ship items from the Resort to my home that I box up and want shipped. Several years ago we stayed at WL and they only used FedEx for shipping items home from the front desk and the cost was almost $100....I don't want to incur that type of cost again if POR uses only FedEx to ship items home..any help would be appreciated...thanks!!

Most of the post discuss shipping water. I want to know if I can ship water, pop, snacks and other groceries from walmart to AOA? I have a concern because when I fill up my online cart at walmart it gives different arrival dates for items, not sure if this is a concern. I would think that walmart would delivery the whole order at once. How does it get delivered, boxes, bags?

homer2210 said:
Most of the post discuss shipping water. I want to know if I can ship water, pop, snacks and other groceries from walmart to AOA? I have a concern because when I fill up my online cart at walmart it gives different arrival dates for items, not sure if this is a concern. I would think that walmart would delivery the whole order at once. How does it get delivered, boxes, bags?

I ordered water, Gatorade and snacks from Walmart in Aug. The water came in 1 box and the rest came in a second box. Both arrived well before the expected delivery date and were held without a problem for almost a week at the Pop.

I ordered water, Gatorade and snacks from Walmart in Aug. The water came in 1 box and the rest came in a second box. Both arrived well before the expected delivery date and were held without a problem for almost a week at the Pop.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Is there any rhyme or reason as to whether you're charged the package fee? We're at art of animation starting November 5 and then at beach club villas December 30. It's been years since I've traveled with a diaper aged child, but now we have a new baby. :). I am looking to ship diapers, wipes, etc through amazon.

Just put all the items I would like to order on amazon in my cart to see what it would cost. It was close to $60 for shipping!! At that rate I'll just buy everything at home and pay $25 for a second checked bag on AirTran! Wasn't expecting such a high shipping cost!!

Just put all the items I would like to order on amazon in my cart to see what it would cost. It was close to $60 for shipping!! At that rate I'll just buy everything at home and pay $25 for a second checked bag on AirTran! Wasn't expecting such a high shipping cost!!

Amazon is worth it if you have prime which is free shipping on most items. Prime costs $70 a year. See if you can get a free trial.

tripletsmama said:
Is there any rhyme or reason as to whether you're charged the package fee? We're at art of animation starting November 5 and then at beach club villas December 30. It's been years since I've traveled with a diaper aged child, but now we have a new baby. :). I am looking to ship diapers, wipes, etc through amazon.

It is specific to the resort. The conference center resorts all do but Im not sure which ones that is. AoA won't. BW definitely does. But I don't know about BC.

Just placed my order for baby supplies and toiletries through Walmart to Art of Animation. Hoping everything goes well!

I'm getting ready to place an order with Walmart. I'm just curious if ya'll are including your reservation numbers on shipping address? I saw a post from a while back saying it wasn't a good idea. But I'm concerned my package will not find me without it:confused3

I'm getting ready to place an order with Walmart. I'm just curious if ya'll are including your reservation numbers on shipping address? I saw a post from a while back saying it wasn't a good idea. But I'm concerned my package will not find me without it:confused3

Disney recommends that you do not include it for security reasons. Just include your name and the name of the resort. It will either get delivered to the front desk or the business shipping office, depending on the resort. You'll be able to pick it up there based on your name.

Just had our items delivered to our room here at Art of Animation. Everything went smoothly ordering through Walmart and just putting our name, no reservation number.

Just had our items delivered to our room here at Art of Animation. Everything went smoothly ordering through Walmart and just putting our name, no reservation number.

Thanks for updating this. Was worried about not fitting reservation number on the shipping but glad that it worked without it!

Tltorrez said:
Disney recommends that you do not include it for security reasons. Just include your name and the name of the resort. It will either get delivered to the front desk or the business shipping office, depending on the resort. You'll be able to pick it up there based on your name.

Thanks!

How did it go placing your order with Walmart? I'm about too, but I'm concerned b/c my arrival date and full name of the hotel aren't showing up in the address. It's like it's too long and the site cut off the last 5-8 characters. :confused3

ChelleyB said:
How did it go placing your order with Walmart? I'm about too, but I'm concerned b/c my arrival date and full name of the hotel aren't showing up in the address. It's like it's too long and the site cut off the last 5-8 characters. :confused3

Yes, that's what happened to me too. Our Walmart order arrived at Art of Animation with no problems.

I placed my Walmart order 2 weeks before our arrival date.....now I have confirmation that part of my order has already been delivered and we don't arrive for 8 days. Do you think they will hold everything for me at POR? It does make you wonder how much space they have to hold stuff like that! :confused3

ChelleyB said:

I didn't include my arrival date. Just put my name and the resort address. No problems at all!

Without reading the whole thread, how do you ship a suitcase, not a box of stuff? Do you have to put the suitcase in a box? Do something special to the suitcase in any way? You know how you cannot lock a suitcase when flying---they cut them off, even my special TSA special lock!!!
With ground shipping, anyone can go through my suitcase at any point.
I will be flying back, and want to just take suitcase back with me, not mess with trying to ship a box back, and waste valuable vacation time, not to mention I won't have a car.
Has anyone shipped a suitcase? UPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter