(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with shipping purolator to Port Orleans from Canada did not go well!

The package was mailed on a tuesday it was 3 business days and should have gotten there on monday delivered directly by courier to Port Orleans. (Keep in mind the 4th of July holiday knocked out one of our days) I had hoped it would get there on friday since it would be in canada on the 4th and not actually leaving until the 5th. Ya right!

So it was mailed on Tuesday the 3rd, leaving the post office the am of the 4th (in canada) I tracked it online) and it bounced around to 3 different offices in Canada and then it sat at customs for 2 DAYS!!!!!!! Finally it was travelled out on friday early AM by truck and went to detroit, then ohio, then somewhere else and FINALLY got to Jacksonville Florida on Monday the 9th at 8 AM I was like wohoooo i'll get it today since we need it on Tuesday and it was guaranteed to be there on the Monday (yes cutting it close, but what can I say) It was a last minute shipping and we only did it because it was courier and guaranteed to be there on Monday. The end of the day on Monday I haven't gotten a call from the front desk that it arrivied so I stop in. No it is not there, they call around for me, nope it hasn't been delivered yet. EXCUSE ME? so back to the room where I track it. It didn't leave Jacksonville until 9 PM!!!! Okay well I'll get it Tuesday, we are taking a mid day break so at least I'll get it mid day.

We come back tuesday and no call from front desk. I look it up online to see that it was delivered at 11 am. I go to the front desk and no it hasn't arrived. Instead of being delivered to the front desk like it was supposed to it was delivered to Disney's internal mail.

I was so mad. I finally got it late wed afternoon. So we didn't get it in time.

My brother mailed it and address was filled out exactly as it was supposed to be designating front desk etc... My mom got a call about the package from customs. The reason it was held for a day at customs was because the contents of the package weren't declared. Because of that it was held for a day and that is why it was late. (well then it should have got there tuesday) It isn't their fault it is late. Ummm well the person my brother dealt with then didn't do their job properly. It's their responsibility to make sure everything is filled out.

And after it crossed the border it was delivered to USPS I think and that is why it took so long. So Shipping from Canada to your resort---- I don't recommend it!

Best and cheapest way to ship a box of snack/breakfast food to the beach club? I've heard conflicting things....FedEx, UPS, USPS??? Thanks a bunch :)
29 days :)

This is great information! We are going to send a box with toiletries and snacks. Then we will use Walmart to order a case of water. I am wondering about ordering wine and beer to be delivered too. Maybe some place like www.shoppersvineyard.com Has anyone ever tried that?

I want to ship something to our resort in September but I didn't see it listed in the first post, does anyone have the shipping address for Art of Animation??

I am also looking for the shipping address for Art of Animation if anyone has it! ?Thanks.

My experience with shipping purolator to Port Orleans from Canada did not go well!

The package was mailed on a tuesday it was 3 business days and should have gotten there on monday delivered directly by courier to Port Orleans. (Keep in mind the 4th of July holiday knocked out one of our days) I had hoped it would get there on friday since it would be in canada on the 4th and not actually leaving until the 5th. Ya right!

So it was mailed on Tuesday the 3rd, leaving the post office the am of the 4th (in canada) I tracked it online) and it bounced around to 3 different offices in Canada and then it sat at customs for 2 DAYS!!!!!!! Finally it was travelled out on friday early AM by truck and went to detroit, then ohio, then somewhere else and FINALLY got to Jacksonville Florida on Monday the 9th at 8 AM I was like wohoooo i'll get it today since we need it on Tuesday and it was guaranteed to be there on the Monday (yes cutting it close, but what can I say) It was a last minute shipping and we only did it because it was courier and guaranteed to be there on Monday. The end of the day on Monday I haven't gotten a call from the front desk that it arrivied so I stop in. No it is not there, they call around for me, nope it hasn't been delivered yet. EXCUSE ME? so back to the room where I track it. It didn't leave Jacksonville until 9 PM!!!! Okay well I'll get it Tuesday, we are taking a mid day break so at least I'll get it mid day.

We come back tuesday and no call from front desk. I look it up online to see that it was delivered at 11 am. I go to the front desk and no it hasn't arrived. Instead of being delivered to the front desk like it was supposed to it was delivered to Disney's internal mail.

I was so mad. I finally got it late wed afternoon. So we didn't get it in time.

My brother mailed it and address was filled out exactly as it was supposed to be designating front desk etc... My mom got a call about the package from customs. The reason it was held for a day at customs was because the contents of the package weren't declared. Because of that it was held for a day and that is why it was late. (well then it should have got there tuesday) It isn't their fault it is late. Ummm well the person my brother dealt with then didn't do their job properly. It's their responsibility to make sure everything is filled out.

And after it crossed the border it was delivered to USPS I think and that is why it took so long. So Shipping from Canada to your resort---- I don't recommend it!

Hello nannye,
I apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this shipping incident. After reading your post, I am not sure this package has travelled with Purolator.
I would like to look into it for you and follow up with the responsible people should this delay be a result of Purolator errors.
You can send me the tracking number at customer.care @purolator .com.
Regards,
Vincent / Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

We are flying in around Thanksgiving and I was thinking about shipping some of our toiletries (and probably some snacks) to the Beach Club so we don't have to check any luggage. Our flight doesn't arrive until really late at night. Does anyone know if we'll be able to pick up the package when we check in around 1 am or if we'll have to wait until morning?

Do you think it might be easier to use Garden Grocer or another delivery service for these items? Would it be easier to pick up this way?

Can't wait!

I shipped last year ro AKL with no issues. This year we are at BLT. I use UPS and was wondering how I label the header. Do I just put " Bay Lake Towers" or "Bay Lake Towers/Contempory Resort?". :confused3

I am also looking for the shipping address for Art of Animation if anyone has it! ?Thanks.

Same here! We want to ship our costumes for the MNSSHP!

Actually, just called them - here it is

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
407-938-7000

Same here! We want to ship our costumes for the MNSSHP!

Actually, just called them - here it is

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
407-938-7000

This is the adress I used. Gonna call them to ensure they received my address. I saw another address floating around but this is the address on their site.

We are flying in around Thanksgiving and I was thinking about shipping some of our toiletries (and probably some snacks) to the Beach Club so we don't have to check any luggage. Our flight doesn't arrive until really late at night. Does anyone know if we'll be able to pick up the package when we check in around 1 am or if we'll have to wait until morning?

Do you think it might be easier to use Garden Grocer or another delivery service for these items? Would it be easier to pick up this way?

Can't wait!

Last time I tried this at Beach club, they chrarged us. We only had bottledwater delivered, but it made the whole idea not really worthwhile- I think it was $10 for each twelve pack of water. Yowsa!

Many DISers swear by Garden Grocer. For me, I did not find it worthwhile, so I've never used them. I'm not looking to cook, so buying just the few things I would buy doesn't seem like a good deal to me. (between the high prices and the deliver fee)

I also saw recently that Whole Foods delivers for like $20 (though also not bargain option).

However, even though I only buy a few things...I quickly see a few groceries as a viable way to offset the cost of a rental car, wiht the advantage of weeklong convenience. If you are looking mainly for toiletries (water, a few basic foods), then there are many Walgreens stores in area, and many are open 24 hours. So that's an option.

Since our last 4 trips have been with diaper age children in tow...we always UPS a box of diapers, wipes, swimming diapers, kids snacks, disposable sippy cups, etc. WL delivers the box to our room. In earlier trips we would then UPS the box back with all our souvenirs (and truth be told, sometimes dirty laundry as packing material- I know- TMI). We haven't done that in a couple years and I think that I overheard something at the front desk last time that you could only ship from the resort via FedEx now which was much more expense than UPS... But I definately recommend shipping if you don't want to spend valuable vacation time shopping and you need to make sure you have specific items/brands.

How far ahead is a reasonable amount of time (from the Resort's perspective) to have shipped items arrive? I want to order sun creams and some other items from Amazon and really need them to arrive when/before we do, but I am not sure if I'm too early. It won't be a large box. Working on the estimates given the items should arrive about a week before we do. Is that inappropriate? Should I place the order a few days later?

Thanks guys. I am just aware that Disney isn't a storage facility so trying to find the balance between making sure we don't leave anything to chance and being fair on them at the same time.

I noticed on the first page, it said NOT to use USPS because it will take longer due to being sent to the p.o. boxes. If I send my stuff tomorrow, will it get there for us when we check in on the 1st? I would rather use USPS because it is a lot cheaper and we actually have a post office in our town rather than me having to drive 2 towns over to go to Fed Ex.

SRiley1985 said:
I noticed on the first page, it said NOT to use USPS because it will take longer due to being sent to the p.o. boxes. If I send my stuff tomorrow, will it get there for us when we check in on the 1st? I would rather use USPS because it is a lot cheaper and we actually have a post office in our town rather than me having to drive 2 towns over to go to Fed Ex.

If you read through the entire thread this doesn't seem as cut and dried. Results seem to vary significantly and is highly dependent on the resort. I wouldn't stress over it.

I ordered lots of stuff from Amazon shipped to the ASMusic over the years, and many of these packages were send with USPS (Amazon doesn't give you a choice...) All of these made it safely, under 10 calendar days. I have no idea when they actually arrived at the resort, but they 10 days after the order was placed I checked-in & got my packages.

This is the adress I used. Gonna call them to ensure they received my address. I saw another address floating around but this is the address on their site.

uhoh I called and they gave me 901 Century Drive. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow.

ETA: I called and spoke to Josie at AoA. She said 1850 Animation Way *is* the correct address. However, as long as the package says "Disney's Art of Animation Resort" it will end up at AoA. That's what happened with mine. :) Also she said they keep packages at the front desk. For some reason I had Bell Services in my head.

I shipped last year ro AKL with no issues. This year we are at BLT. I use UPS and was wondering how I label the header. Do I just put " Bay Lake Towers" or "Bay Lake Towers/Contempory Resort?". :confused3

Does BLT have its own receiving area independent from the convention center at the contemporary? Were you charged for the delivery?

When a checked in, the CM brought out the package and showed it to me. She had me sign for it and said she would have it sent to our room. Why I didn't just take it then, I don't know.

I spent more time at the front desk over that box! It never showed up so I asked at the desk. They went looking for it. Then put a runner on the job. He came to our room a half hour later, looking for more information. I know he put in a lot of effort looking for it. It was finally, finally located later that evening when another guest called to say it had been delivered to the wrong room.

Has anyone shipped to all star movies? I called on the phone to verify the shipping address and was given 1901 W Buena Vista Dr, but in the sticky here it says 1991 W Buena Vista Drive. I used what they gave me on the phone, so hopefully my stuff arrives.
Also I will be arriving in 13 days, and I see my 2 case of water will be there tomorrow. Will they hold it for that long? I have an air mattress being delivered too, but that tracking info isn't up yet. I ordered now so the stuff would be there on time. I didn't think it would be that fast!!

I thought I had done all my "homework" and went to order today. I noticed the difference in the addresses just as I was about to hit submit. I called and was told 1901? Did your order arrive ok? Did Movies charge a package fee like I have been reading at some of the resorts? ugh now I am so nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter