(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info about the salute tickets, that's what we are using and we are going in December as well, hopefully they are able to link them by then!

I hope that someone has clarified this to you...I haven't read all of the responses yet but that was not true.

You absolutely CAN link your salute tickets now. I have done it and I have made all my FP+ reservations. I check in to WL on 11/9 for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon!! Can't wait!!

I hope that someone has clarified this to you...I haven't read all of the responses yet but that was not true.

You absolutely CAN link your salute tickets now. I have done it and I have made all my FP+ reservations. I check in to WL on 11/9 for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon!! Can't wait!!

No I wasn't aware of the fact that you can now link salute tickets, how did you link yours through the MDE app or over the phone? We don't arrive until December 5th, but I haven't been able to link my salute tickets yet nor have I been able to do anything with FastPass+. I wasn't sure if that's because it's still to far out for us or if it had to do with the fact that our salute tickets are not activated yet.

Any info on how you were able to link your tickets would be much appreciate and thanks so much for the information!

Is there anyway to know which rooms are bunk bed rooms? If not, where do you recommend room request...we prefer a good view and we have courtyard view reserved.

Is there anyway to know which rooms are bunk bed rooms? If not, where do you recommend room request...we prefer a good view and we have courtyard view reserved.
The bunk rooms are randomly spread-out throughout the resort. If you've booked a Courtyard View, I would request an INNER or WL CV so that your room will face out toward Bay Lake and the geyser and you'll be able to see the EWP. If you are on a high floor in the South Wing, you can see a bit of Wishes above the North Wing. All of the 6th floor rooms have solid balcony railings and some of the 5th floor.

I think I asked about this before, but I wanted to double check. I had my TA put in a request for bed rails for my 4-year-old son so that's taken care of. But now I'm wondering if I should pack a small folding step stool (DH thinks I'm crazy) so DS can easily use the sink. Or does WL have them? Travel potty seat is coming too, much to my chagrin as DS still isn't a fan of sitting on a regular toilet--yes, I know, TMI. :blush:

I think I asked about this before, but I wanted to double check. I had my TA put in a request for bed rails for my 4-year-old son so that's taken care of. But now I'm wondering if I should pack a small folding step stool (DH thinks I'm crazy) so DS can easily use the sink. Or does WL have them? Travel potty seat is coming too, much to my chagrin as DS still isn't a fan of sitting on a regular toilet--yes, I know, TMI. :blush:
WL has the stool (you're on your own with the travel potty:rolleyes:) and you can request the stool and the bedrail from Lodgekeeping when you check-in:)

WL has the stool (you're on your own with the travel potty:rolleyes:) and you can request the stool and the bedrail from Lodgekeeping when you check-in:)

Fantastic! I'll ask my TA to tack that on in our ever-growing room requests. lol And I'll verify upon check-in. Getting pretty excited now... our trip is now only 5 weeks away!

Kook, I can't remember from last year if it's released early, but have you seen the kids activity schedule for Halloween at the lodge? I remember last year there was a dance party with a DJ ( our DD won the dance contest :) ) , but I couldn't remember the timing of everything. Want to make sure we plan enough time to get back to WL. This will be our 4th year taking our girls to WL for Halloween and they love all the special activities for them that day. Thanks!!!!

Wow, I am so grateful for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I apologize in advance for the newbie questions, but with a 6 month old, I don't have the time to read through all of these pages - although I would like to!

We are planning our first Disney trip for March 2-7 and are staying at the WL. I am so excited and can't wait to surprise our boys at Xmas with the news. Our boys will be 8, 6, and almost 1yr when we arrive. We will probably only make one other trip down there when our youngest is older, so I want to make sure I do the best I can to plan this trip.

My questions are about room requests. My biggest priority as a light sleeper is a quiet room. I am not concerned with a view as I don't anticipate spending much time in our room, especially with this being a relatively short trip.
My second request would be the bunk beds for my older boys since I know they would love it. Although, the quiet room takes precedence b/c I know they will have a wonderful time bunk beds or not.
My parents are also going on this trip, so I have requested adjoining or connecting rooms.
Also, we booked standard rooms - one for our family of five and one for my parents.

With all that being said, what should I do to ensure a quiet room? Do I make a request now or wait until closer to our travel date or wait until we arrive? What is the best way to make a request? Call or email the WL directly? We didn't use a travel agent.

What are our chances of a quiet room if we booked a standard room? Also, what are our chances for bunk beds with a standard room? Do I need to upgrade?

Thanks so much for any info and sorry again if these questions are repetitive!

DH has been "un-furloughed" from the DoD so I feel like I can get back to planning our Christmas trip again:santa:.....DD's orders:hyper2:

Welcome to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

HERE on the first page is the early ADR bus information. The AK/AKL early ADR bus begins running between 0700 - 0715. Just tell tell the driver you are going to AKL.

Mine has NOT!!!!!!! Hope to hear some good news soon..... I'm getting really scared!!!!! :scared1:

How do you do this? We don't buy our tickets till we get there at SOG...:confused3

Wow, I am so grateful for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I apologize in advance for the newbie questions, but with a 6 month old, I don't have the time to read through all of these pages - although I would like to!

We are planning our first Disney trip for March 2-7 and are staying at the WL. I am so excited and can't wait to surprise our boys at Xmas with the news. Our boys will be 8, 6, and almost 1yr when we arrive. We will probably only make one other trip down there when our youngest is older, so I want to make sure I do the best I can to plan this trip.

My questions are about room requests. My biggest priority as a light sleeper is a quiet room. I am not concerned with a view as I don't anticipate spending much time in our room, especially with this being a relatively short trip.
My second request would be the bunk beds for my older boys since I know they would love it. Although, the quiet room takes precedence b/c I know they will have a wonderful time bunk beds or not.
My parents are also going on this trip, so I have requested adjoining or connecting rooms.
Also, we booked standard rooms - one for our family of five and one for my parents.

With all that being said, what should I do to ensure a quiet room? Do I make a request now or wait until closer to our travel date or wait until we arrive? What is the best way to make a request? Call or email the WL directly? We didn't use a travel agent.

What are our chances of a quiet room if we booked a standard room? Also, what are our chances for bunk beds with a standard room? Do I need to upgrade?

Thanks so much for any info and sorry again if these questions are repetitive!

I believe that you have to book a bunk bed room in order to get bunk beds in a non club level room.

As far as room requests go, make sure that your rooms are linked with a gathering number. The best way to add a room request is to call reservations, hitting the prompts to modify a resort reservation, and tell them you want a quiet room and a connecting room. Do it at least a week ahead of time, but I would probably do it a lot earlier.

It might be possible to get bunk beds rooms as a free upgrade to a standard room if you list it as one of your room requests, but you can't count on it. The only way it would happen is if they had an available bunk bed room to give away.

As far as quiet areas go - standard view would probably be any room on the south side of the resort.

ETA: You could do what we did when traveling with our daughter, her DH and their kids last February. They booked a standard view, we booked a woods view, we had a gathering number, and we asked to be close together. Well, we got our woods view room that we paid for, and they got a free upgrade to woods view from standard view so our rooms would be close together. pixiedust:

We did book a bunk bed room so is a year ahead too early to call with room request? It's our 10th anniversary trip with our kids along and just want it planned right

We did book a bunk bed room so is a year ahead too early to call with room request? It's our 10th anniversary trip with our kids along and just want it planned right

Nope, you're not too early to call in your room request. :thumbsup2

Happy (early) 10th Anniversary!!!!:love:

Ok - so I had my TA do my online check in this a.m. - as I did not want to mess something up :confused3.....well she did my online check in on the Walt Disney Travel Company site . - NOT through my MDE (which she has my passcode to do this)account. I was hoping that once online check in was done my Magic bands would magically pop up...NOPE - not there. I do have an option to modify the check in - but when I go in there I can only get so far and it errors out on me :badpc:....is this normal??? I wanted to kick start something for my mb as others have done - but I'm unable to. Has anybody else's TA did there online check in from a different site that MDE? Will I be able to modify eventually??? help :worship:

Thanks for your help!!!!

Ok - so I had my TA do my online check in this a.m. - as I did not want to mess something up :confused3.....well she did my online check in on the Walt Disney Travel Company site . - NOT through my MDE (which she has my passcode to do this)account. I was hoping that once online check in was done my Magic bands would magically pop up...NOPE - not there. I do have an option to modify the check in - but when I go in there I can only get so far and it errors out on me :badpc:....is this normal??? I wanted to kick start something for my mb as others have done - but I'm unable to. Has anybody else's TA did there online check in from a different site that MDE? Will I be able to modify eventually??? help :worship: Thanks for your help!!!!

I have a TA, but I did my own online check in through MDE. Is there a reason you are unable to do your own (like the system preventing it)? Otherwise, I would just suggest you do it. The first time I tried, it did not let me. When I tried again about a week later, it worked. We received our Magic Bands shortly thereafter.

Ok - so I had my TA do my online check in this a.m. - as I did not want to mess something up :confused3.....well she did my online check in on the Walt Disney Travel Company site . - NOT through my MDE (which she has my passcode to do this)account. I was hoping that once online check in was done my Magic bands would magically pop up...NOPE - not there. I do have an option to modify the check in - but when I go in there I can only get so far and it errors out on me :badpc:....is this normal??? I wanted to kick start something for my mb as others have done - but I'm unable to. Has anybody else's TA did there online check in from a different site that MDE? Will I be able to modify eventually??? help :worship:

Thanks for your help!!!!

Lots of logging out and logging back in seemed to work for some people, for a while, too. :thumbsup2

Try this..on the My Disney Experience tab...click on your name...this page should come up:
20gxt6v.jpg
[/IMG]

To the right, click "Manage or Personalize Magic Bands"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter