(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on WL room? Heading down in Feb with my 4 yo and looking for a room with potential view of MK/Fireworks? Any thoughts on room location/view?

Check out post #3 of this thread for descriptions and pictures of the different room locations/categories. Very good info in this thread, especially the first page. :thumbsup2

Just booked 3 weeks in WL for May 2013. It will be our third stay at WL. I was booked originally for 3 weeks at SSR but just managed to afford to upgrade the price to WL.

One issue I have is what room to request. I could only get away with booking a standard room and as a light sleeper I really could not cope with being stuck on the standard north facing rooms that are above the delivery area and the air con units. The only other standard rooms appear to be a few on one floor in the south wing.

As a room request should I just go with ' south wing ' To be honest I would take anywhere other than the rooms above the loading bay and wonder how best to avoid one of those rooms.

We just came home from a wonderful vacation from the WL CL. We are going to try and go back in February but if not, we will be back Sept 2014. We loved all the CM as the CL. They were so helpful and amazing.

Just booked 3 weeks in WL for May 2013. It will be our third stay at WL. I was booked originally for 3 weeks at SSR but just managed to afford to upgrade the price to WL.

One issue I have is what room to request. I could only get away with booking a standard room and as a light sleeper I really could not cope with being stuck on the standard north facing rooms that are above the delivery area and the air con units. The only other standard rooms appear to be a few on one floor in the south wing.

As a room request should I just go with ' south wing ' To be honest I would take anywhere other than the rooms above the loading bay and wonder how best to avoid one of those rooms.

The South Wing request would keep you away from that loading area, but if you did get one of the Standard view rooms there that opens to the lobby the view from the balcony is not that great. From the 4th floor you are just above the roof and there isn't much to see. We love higher floor rooms in this same area that we have gotten while booking Standard view. The view out the other side of the room of the lobby and the open hallway really is nice.

With that being said, you might also consider adding a high floor request. This way if you do wind up above the loading area you would be further from the noise. I don't think A/C units are a big problem over there, but the back up beepers from the delivery trucks could be annoying.

Overall, don't worry too much and have a wonderful trip to WL! :cool1:

We just came home from a wonderful vacation from the WL CL. We are going to try and go back in February but if not, we will be back Sept 2014. We loved all the CM as the CL. They were so helpful and amazing.

I am so glad to hear happy reports from others returning from WL. We absolutely love it there and are glad when others have similar experiences. Now we all get to figure out when we can go back...

That's great news!

I'll have to tell DD she has APUSH next after...APWH...But, I might get that look:rolleyes2

Speaking of Seniors, do you have a graduation trip planned yet?:scratchin

:eek: DS had a bonfire with some friends and burned all the APUSH papers after they received their positive test results! I believe the stack of his alone measures just about 12" high!!! :lmao:

Graduation trip???.....:rolleyes1. We'll have to get thru the all-consuming XC season first!

:hug:

New cancelation policy for Walt Disney World restaurants
Leah Zanolla | Updated: Oct 3, 2013 - 8:45:30 PM

Beginning October 31, Walt Disney World will have a new restaurant cancelation policy in place. For all table service restaurant reservations, guests will have to provide a credit card hold. If the reservation needs to be canceled, but isn't done one day in advance, a $10 per person charge will be made to the card. This policy is in place for both Disney owned and operated restaurants, as well as operating participants.

Some locations require pre-payment, such as Hoop-Dee-Do Musical Revue and Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; this system is already in place. If these reservations aren't canceled one day in advance, the full amount will be charged.

Reservations must be canceled up to 11:59 pm the day before the reservation to avoid the charge. To cancel, guests can call 407-WDW-CNCL, stop by any table service restaurant front desk, or call 407-WDW-DINE. Reservations can also be made and canceled online at www.DisneyWorld.com/Dining.

The policy has changed in the hopes of reducing the number of no shows and to allow more guests the opportunity to dine at the table service locations.

If reservations were booked prior to October 31, they will not be held to the new policy, unless modifications are made after October 31.

The South Wing request would keep you away from that loading area, but if you did get one of the Standard view rooms there that opens to the lobby the view from the balcony is not that great. From the 4th floor you are just above the roof and there isn't much to see. We love higher floor rooms in this same area that we have gotten while booking Standard view. The view out the other side of the room of the lobby and the open hallway really is nice.

With that being said, you might also consider adding a high floor request. This way if you do wind up above the loading area you would be further from the noise. I don't think A/C units are a big problem over there, but the back up beepers from the delivery trucks could be annoying.

Overall, don't worry too much and have a wonderful trip to WL! :cool1:

:thumbsup2 Much appreciated.

WL transpiration question. How would I get to Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast at 8:30am? I know people say take a taxi, but is there a Disney way?

Also Kona Cafe breakfast. Would we just take boat to Contemporary then Monorail to Poly?

Thanks

Thanks to the replies about my questions regarding getting to Trail's End. Boma worked well for picky eater DGD but her younger brother is even pickier than she was. Also, although Boma used to be a favorite of mine it no longer is a dinner favorite for me though I love the Boma breakfast options.

Also thanks regarding the Disney Visa offer. I did call Disney reservations and made a change for our few days stay in February. My Email from Chase didn't arrive until mid afternoon of the morning that the news broke on the DISboards.

Now I have my fingers crossed that the main pool with the slide will be open Nov. 14 - 21. We chose to book our first stay at WL mainly because we think that our grandson will enjoy that pool. He definitely won't be as happy if only a regular pool without a slide is an option for him where we stay.

Do people decorate their doors at WL?

I didn't see any decorated doors when we were there in February. Since the resort rooms have interior hallways, only people walking to and from their rooms or to an exit door would see them.

WL transpiration question. How would I get to Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast at 8:30am? I know people say take a taxi, but is there a Disney way?
There is supposed to be an early bus that is just for early ADR's at parks and resorts. But if you can't find one of those, you could take the bus to MK and then the resort bus to AKL.

Also Kona Cafe breakfast. Would we just take boat to Contemporary then Monorail to Poly?
This is how we got to the Poly and to GF for our dinner reservations. It worked pretty well, too. :)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I just had to call & edit my Disney Magical Express info with a cast member due to I could not locate anywhere on My Disney Experience an area to edit my Disney Magical Express information.

Why can't you see that on your reservation when you log in & why does it not give you the ability to edit it online?
I looked everywhere, so I had to call.

DH has been "un-furloughed" from the DoD so I feel like I can get back to planning our Christmas trip again:santa:.....DD's orders:hyper2:

Thanks
Welcome to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

HERE on the first page is the early ADR bus information. The AK/AKL early ADR bus begins running between 0700 - 0715. Just tell tell the driver you are going to AKL.

I just had to call & edit my Disney Magical Express info with a cast member due to I could not locate anywhere on My Disney Experience an area to edit my Disney Magical Express information.

Why can't you see that on your reservation when you log in & why does it not give you the ability to edit it online?
I looked everywhere, so I had to call.

MDE doesn't include tour reservations either, which I find annoying. It kept trying to get me to schedule FP+ during our tour. Hopefully these things will be added in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter