(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked WL for two nights before our cruise in January! This will be our first stay at WL. Very excited!

You won't be able to make fp+ selections any earlier than 60 days out. :) Connecting means that there is a door inside the two rooms that connect them. Adjourning means you are near or next to each other, but there isn't an interior door. ETA: In order to increase your chances of getting connecting rooms, make sure you get your rooms linked with a gathering number. All of the reservations in your traveling party will be given the same gathering number. Then put connecting rooms on your room request.

Thank you! I know I never said connecting so I will need to call and make that request.

My DH and I with our son and his friend have booked our trip to WDW to travel in May 2014 with reserving the WL Woodsview Bunk Bed room. This will be our first stay at WL having camped at FW many times.
My question is...do any of the bunk bed rooms exist on the first floor level of the resort? Can you walk right out to the grounds from the room? Is this a good level to stay on or is it a noisy area to be in? I am sure if we had a courtyard room, it would be very noisy due to pool noise. Noise does not bother us but don't really want too loud of sounds. We were thinking if we had a upgrade to courtyard, a first floor room would be convenient while using the pool area.

I can't comment on the bunk bed availability, but we had a first floor courtyard room (booked woods view), and LOVED it. I don't recall much noise, although we were probably in the parks during pool parties. We couldn't really walk directly out to the pool (landscaping), but simply being able to walk 15 feet down the hall, and out was AWESOME. No stairs, no waiting for elevators/etc.

We might have even had some wildlife visit us at breakfast each morning (shhh..don't tell). I have a cute picture of my DS4 (at the time), hand feeding a bunny a carrot from our patio in his jammies.

Uh oh, we're almost on page two!

Just booked our first trip to WL for this January, just DH and me. So excited!! :cool1:

I went back and forth between POR and WL for the longest time, but with discounts coming out this morning, I had to decide. DH finally told me to just spend the extra and go with WL. It was nice to have someone else make that decision for me, haha!

Now the countdown begins in earnest! :goodvibes

The Pas boys, well DH and DS12 will be at WL in a WV room!! Dec 3-6

(the rest of us will be at Poly :goodvibes)

Father son bonding! Sounds like an excellent time for DS12! ;)

Thanks!! I took my 3 daughters last year to Poly. And my boys wanted a boys trip...BUT DH doesn't feel comfortable traveling without me...SO I will be at Poly with the rest of the crew...AND they can get some piece and quiet at WL! I am sure they will love it!! While DS actually still wants to hang with Dad :thumbsup2 and looks like your trip is around the corner too!! YAY

Just did online check in. I can't believe in 60 days we'll be staying at this resort for the first time.

I'm at 24 days!! I can't wait...

I did book the GF for our February trip. My DD will be 16 and it's here dream to stay there.. So with the spring deal, it was the same thing I am paying for this trip.. Might as well

Damn Disney addiction

Thanks!! I took my 3 daughters last year to Poly. And my boys wanted a boys trip...BUT DH doesn't feel comfortable traveling without me...SO I will be at Poly with the rest of the crew...AND they can get some piece and quiet at WL! I am sure they will love it!! While DS actually still wants to hang with Dad :thumbsup2 and looks like your trip is around the corner too!! YAY

I see a scheme here... If you can get DS to want more dad time at DW, you will just have to give in and quietly follow along!

Kook, That is wonderful news!! :woohoo:Time for a happy dance!:dance3:
Dancing is on hold right now. Last week DH was furloughed and unpaid, this week he's back to work and may still be unpaid:upsidedow. Prudence dictates putting Christmas on the back burner again.

Kook, I can't remember from last year if it's released early, but have you seen the kids activity schedule for Halloween at the lodge? I remember last year there was a dance party with a DJ ( our DD won the dance contest :) ) , but I couldn't remember the timing of everything. Want to make sure we plan enough time to get back to WL. This will be our 4th year taking our girls to WL for Halloween and they love all the special activities for them that day. Thanks!!!!
The link in Post #1 to the ACTIVITY CALENDAR does include Halloween activities on 10/31:)

Wow, I am so grateful for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I apologize in advance for the newbie questions, but with a 6 month old, I don't have the time to read through all of these pages - although I would like to!

We are planning our first Disney trip for March 2-7 and are staying at the WL. I am so excited and can't wait to surprise our boys at Xmas with the news. Our boys will be 8, 6, and almost 1yr when we arrive. We will probably only make one other trip down there when our youngest is older, so I want to make sure I do the best I can to plan this trip.

My questions are about room requests. My biggest priority as a light sleeper is a quiet room. I am not concerned with a view as I don't anticipate spending much time in our room, especially with this being a relatively short trip.
My second request would be the bunk beds for my older boys since I know they would love it. Although, the quiet room takes precedence b/c I know they will have a wonderful time bunk beds or not.
My parents are also going on this trip, so I have requested adjoining or connecting rooms.
Also, we booked standard rooms - one for our family of five and one for my parents.

With all that being said, what should I do to ensure a quiet room? Do I make a request now or wait until closer to our travel date or wait until we arrive? What is the best way to make a request? Call or email the WL directly? We didn't use a travel agent.

What are our chances of a quiet room if we booked a standard room? Also, what are our chances for bunk beds with a standard room? Do I need to upgrade?

Thanks so much for any info and sorry again if these questions are repetitive!
Welcome to the thread! There's never a problem asking questions here:)

You can have your requests placed in your reservation anytime up to about 5 days prior to arrival. Just call the WDTC and have them add your requests.

Bunks in a STD View room are by-request only and I don't know how many there are. We always prefer a very quiet location in hotels. I've found that not having a connecting door helps tremendously at Disney Resorts. A lot of noise easily carries through the connecting doors at WL. But, you requested to be next to your family, so no connecting door is a moot point. If you don't want to hear the beeping of delivery trucks, you might want to request the South Wing. GrandCalifornian has some photos of a Standard View room in the South Wing on the first page.

If you do upgrade, I would not upgrade to a Courtyard View room since those that face the WL pool can be noisy in the afternoon when the pool party is on. It's not too bad with the door closed, but you can hear the PA system and music for a few hours.

Mine has NOT!!!!!!! Hope to hear some good news soon..... I'm getting really scared!!!!! :scared1:
So sorry:hug:. There is so much uncertainty.

I'd be GLAD to help!

First we got our ticket from the local FMWR/ITR site. They are green voucher type tickets this year. (before we have had the hard tickets) There is a long code on the bottom left of the back of the card. You take that code and you put it to the "link existing reservations and tickets" on the MDE site. On the phone just go to the "Tickets and Passes" under "My Reservations" and enter in the ID. My friend tried to scan hers in (she is military too) and was unable to scan but entered in the number and had no issue.

We have linked our accounts and have been able to schedule all the FP+s together with no issue! Let me know if you have any further questions!
We have done the same with our Military APs. We just order them from Post and they come in in about a week. I then input the number on the voucher into my account.

Looking thru some pics...
Thanks for sharing with us:thumbsup2

So excited! Just had the Spring RO discount applied to my reservation for February - we saved about $1300 over our 8 night stay! WoooHoooo! :cool1:
:yay:

Just booked WL for two nights before our cruise in January! This will be our first stay at WL. Very excited!
Congratulations!

Uh oh, we're almost on page two!

Just booked our first trip to WL for this January, just DH and me. So excited!! :cool1:

I went back and forth between POR and WL for the longest time, but with discounts coming out this morning, I had to decide. DH finally told me to just spend the extra and go with WL. It was nice to have someone else make that decision for me, haha!

Now the countdown begins in earnest! :goodvibes
You're going to love WL:goodvibes

The Pas boys, well DH and DS12 will be at WL in a WV room!! Dec 3-6

(the rest of us will be at Poly :goodvibes)
:wave:
I'll add them to the Lodgers' Log...with my magical erasing RC quill;)

Just did online check in. I can't believe in 60 days we'll be staying at this resort for the first time.
It's seems real now, doesn't it?!

Hi! I just booked our first WL trip yesterday! This trip has already changed a lot in the one week since discounts were announced... went from CR to POR and finally changed to a split stay with AoA and WL!!! I'm so excited! It's the best of both worlds for me, hubby and the kids! (of course, I'd prefer all week at the WL, but the trip is for the kids!) We're staying Feb. 5-8 in a WVBB room!

We'll be there soon (1week). Haven't been to WL in over 10 years! I wonder if there will be any changes?

I know that the rooms have been refurbished about a year ago and the beds no longer have the ugly bedspreads. There are pictures of the before and after on the first page of this thread. :)

Hi! I just booked our first WL trip yesterday! This trip has already changed a lot in the one week since discounts were announced... went from CR to POR and finally changed to a split stay with AoA and WL!!! I'm so excited! It's the best of both worlds for me, hubby and the kids! (of course, I'd prefer all week at the WL, but the trip is for the kids!) We're staying Feb. 5-8 in a WVBB room!

It will be interesting to see which resort the kids like better. Bunk beds are fun and the kids will love them. :goodvibes

Grumble... may I vent here? I consider this to be my "home" thread on the boards. United changed up my reservations a bit and now I arrive 1/2 hour later on the 11th (still hoping we'll make our 5:30 ADR at Rainforest Cafe) and depart 1 hour earlier on the 17th, which I think messes up our last morning breakfast ADR at Whispering Canyon.

Anyone know how much time DME allows to/from MCO to the resort? Our returning flight is now at 12:15 PM instead of 1:15 and we have an 8 AM ADR at Whispering Canyon, which I'm thinking we'll have to cancel to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter